Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will Ron Paul supporters vote for Romney?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Give me liberty or give me death

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#2    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Excellent response. Very interesting point - only one third of the Colonists were in favor of the revolution. I draw many parallels between revolutionary times and now. I would imagine that the Founders were feeling the same frustration and anger a lot of us are feeling today, frustration that some, if not most, people don't perceive.

It's comforting to know that in all likelihood the majority of people back in the 1770's considered the would-be Founders, men we now consider heroes, as lunatics.

#3    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,891 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostTK0001, on 18 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Excellent response. Very interesting point - only one third of the Colonists were in favor of the revolution. I draw many parallels between revolutionary times and now. I would imagine that the Founders were feeling the same frustration and anger a lot of us are feeling today, frustration that some, if not most, people don't perceive.

It's comforting to know that in all likelihood the majority of people back in the 1770's considered the would-be Founders, men we now consider heroes, as lunatics.

Lunatics? Really? What facts do you have to support your premise? Many thought they were wrong about breaking political ties with England, but lunatics? I think you are reaching on this one. Unless you are talking world wide and not just about the American colonists. But then how many people world wide even knew of the revolution? Most of Asia and Africa probably didn't. Many in Eastern Europe may not have.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#4    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostBama13, on 18 April 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Lunatics? Really? What facts do you have to support your premise? Many thought they were wrong about breaking political ties with England, but lunatics? I think you are reaching on this one. Unless you are talking world wide and not just about the American colonists. But then how many people world wide even knew of the revolution? Most of Asia and Africa probably didn't. Many in Eastern Europe may not have.

Lunatics was probably a bad word choice. It was meant to describe what the Loyalists and others may have thought about the Patriots philosophy of breaking ties with England and creating and new nation. I'm assuming that to some it must have sounded like lunacy.

How about radicals?

#5    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Well for rebelling against the King they would have been viewed as traitors.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#6    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,147 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

". Ron Paul has inspired liberty movements in Africa, Europe, and even Korea." Really? I really don't want to suggest that anyone is being delusional, but really?
So what is her thesis? We'd never vote for Romeny, or whoever the Republican candidate may be? See, this is the problem with mr. P; his most... enthusiastic supporters seem to disagree with everything the Republican party stands for, just as much, if not even more so, than the Democs. In other words, Mr. P never had a chance of seriously getting the Republican nomination, did he? What this says more than anything, perhaps, is that the two-party system really has had its day, has it not?

* I thought this comment was pertinent:

Let's say the stars align, magic happens, the nation sees the light, and Paul, by the grace of sheer public will, lands in the Captain's Chair.....

Do you sincerely think there will be an ounce of change? Do you sincerely believe he won't be shown the same film of the Kennedy assassination, in the little secret room, where they tell him "our way or the highway?"

*Insert Morgan Freeman's sarcastic, "Good luck!" from The Dark Knight here*

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#7    preacherman76

preacherman76

• 12,665 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

View Post747400, on 19 April 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

". Ron Paul has inspired liberty movements in Africa, Europe, and even Korea." Really? I really don't want to suggest that anyone is being delusional, but really?
So what is her thesis? We'd never vote for Romeny, or whoever the Republican candidate may be? See, this is the problem with mr. P; his most... enthusiastic supporters seem to disagree with everything the Republican party stands for, just as much, if not even more so, than the Democs. In other words, Mr. P never had a chance of seriously getting the Republican nomination, did he? What this says more than anything, perhaps, is that the two-party system really has had its day, has it not?

* I thought this comment was pertinent:

The republican party as well as the democratic party, is a sold out sorry version of thier former glory. We as Ron Paul supporters want to restore what was lost. It wasnt all that long ago the republican party stood for the very things Paul stands for. Its our belief that if this country isnt restored to it constitutional roots, soon we will drive over a economic cliff that will be near impossible to recover from. Excuse us for setting a standard, instead of bowing to constant complete coruption. Our numbers have tripled since 2008, and only promise to continue to grow as more and more war and freedom stripping legislation come down the pike.

Im mean seriously 747, shame on you. Let me get this striaght. We all agree that both parties are courupted to the core. We all agree that government mostly serves special interest. And you want to look down on a man who wants to bring back honesty, the principles of freedom, and sound economic choices, cause he doesnt represent what the party stands for? Let me let you in on something 747, we were never meant to follow these corupted polititions. This is suppose to be a government ran by and for the people. Its US who decide what the republican party stands for. And if Romney is all these dirt bags have to offer, cause of corpret donations, and heavey media bias, well no thanks. I for one would rather be able to sit back and say I told ya so, so that more people begin to understand and demand freedom. " I know not the course others will take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death".

The fires of liberty have already been set, and are spreading to fast to stop. Even if they kill Dr Paul, they cant kill an idea who's time has come.

#8    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 3,233 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

In response to the title. No I wont vote for Romney.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Everyone should vote their conscience.  But I firmly believe that if Obama wins another term his power grabs will be breathtaking.  Far beyond the things he has already done.  I predict that even his own party may turn on him because he will bring such condemnation on them.  I don't really care for Romney but anyone but OBY will do for me.  And if the margin of Romney's loss is within a range that the Paul bots could have made up.... they are going to be anathema for the next four years.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,200 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

There was a lot of talk about the Paullians doing a write in vote for 'the good doctor' a few months back.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

• 12,665 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

View Postand then, on 19 April 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Everyone should vote their conscience.  But I firmly believe that if Obama wins another term his power grabs will be breathtaking.  Far beyond the things he has already done.  I predict that even his own party may turn on him because he will bring such condemnation on them.  I don't really care for Romney but anyone but OBY will do for me.  And if the margin of Romney's loss is within a range that the Paul bots could have made up.... they are going to be anathema for the next four years.

Bro, I beg you to consider, what power grabs has 0bama commited, that Romney didnt fully support? I cant think of a thing aside from the health care bill, and 0bama's plan looks pretty similar to Romney's. I agree with one thing, everyone should vote thier conscience, and there is no buts about it. Settling for "the lesser evil" has brought us nothing but evil. Now is not the time to compromise. Now is the time to settle for no less then everything. Or we will soon have nothing.

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostTK0001, on 18 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

i can hear them now... "  part of the greatest nation on earth and they want a revolution! "  ..
" ya,  crazy lefty liberals! " :lol:

*~

Edited by lightly, 19 April 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

View Postand then, on 19 April 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Or maybe, and I know I'm talking crazy here, Obama's second term will be just like every other second term president.  :rolleyes:  

Serious what did Obama do to you to make you so scared of him? I truely don't understand the fear people have of a president who really hasn't done anything that much different than any other president. Does the thought of a reformed health care system scare Americans that much? Because that's the biggest thing Obama has tried to do and I honestly don't see how that makes him a dictator in waiting.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#14    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,807 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostCorp, on 19 April 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Or maybe, and I know I'm talking crazy here, Obama's second term will be just like every other second term president.  :rolleyes:  

Serious what did Obama do to you to make you so scared of him? I truely don't understand the fear people have of a president who really hasn't done anything that much different than any other president. Does the thought of a reformed health care system scare Americans that much? Because that's the biggest thing Obama has tried to do and I honestly don't see how that makes him a dictator in waiting.

Have you not been aware of our freedoms being systematically stripped away?

Did you miss the part where he signed into law the indefinite detention of American citizens? Where he also signed a bill which names the entire WORLD a battlefield, even the US? Did you know he also signed a bill which made protesting illegal? How about the bailouts, which were massively unpopular?

And this is a guy who had to worry about re-election.

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostTK0001, on 19 April 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Have you not been aware of our freedoms being systematically stripped away?

Did you miss the part where he signed into law the indefinite detention of American citizens? Where he also signed a bill which names the entire WORLD a battlefield, even the US? Did you know he also signed a bill which made protesting illegal? How about the bailouts, which were massively unpopular?

And this is a guy who had to worry about re-election.

No I didn't miss the bill that's been around for over fifty years. Or the bailouts that were started when Bush was in office. Oh yes protests are illegal, that's why they've all stoppped...oh wait people are still allowed to protest in the US and are. Are some of his actions questionable. Of course. Are they a sign of a dictator in waiting? Not in the slightest.

Bush did a hell of a lot more to limit American freedoms and he didn't declare himself king of everything after he won his second term. Hell FDR was elected four times in a row and he didn't crush all who questioned him. So there is zero evidence, none at all, that Obama is suddenly going to wake up after the election and march everyone off into camps. Nothing other than anti-authority paranoia.

Edited by Corp, 19 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users