Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unknown Error in Live Chat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,426 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've tried for 2 days now to log into the Live Chat area. I put my display name and UM password in the log-in area and when it tries to connect, an unknown error pops up. That's all it says. Nothing more. Just unknown error. I'm using IE8 on Windopes XP at work.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,296 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

We're actually going to be moving away from the current Flash based chat in favour of an Ajax based one in the near future which should avoid a lot of the issues people have been experiencing logging in and using the chat system.

Until then i would suggest trying to log in with a different browser ( such as Firefox ) and see if that helps.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,426 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Okay, I'll wait. Thanks.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users