Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who does NOT beleive in other lifeforms?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

So who here does not beleive that any other intelligent lifeforms could exist somewhere in the whole universe?

I'm mainly refer to at least two types of intelligent beings.

- Could be an animal-like entity (lower intelligence)

- Could be a humanoid-like entity (higher intelligence)

I am not talking about bacterias or plants etc. That will belong to another discussion.

So if you don't, I would like to know why. I do not wish to discuss the issu of "lack of scientific evidence" but rather what you think about it deeply inside. If the lack of scientific evidence is your only concern, well be it and discuss it if you please.

Just curious.

Peace.

Bartender says: "Sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here."

So you have these two faster-than-light neutrinos walking into a bar...

#2    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I believe the cosmos is filled with life..... but sadly they are too far away to detect us.... not even to mention pay us a visit.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

I think ignorant, statistically, to think there is no life outside our planet.

Whether or not they are intelligent, fly around our skies, and make pretty pictures in our crop fields is another story.

#4    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostDBunker, on 18 April 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

I believe the cosmos is filled with life..... but sadly they are too far away to detect us.... not even to mention pay us a visit.

What he said.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I think if you used the search function you would find about a gazzillion thread asking the very same question. The question of life outside of earth has never to my knowledge been put forth as unlikely on this board, and considering the number of members who are obviously academics, I do not see how anyone could think your question would apply to anyone on the board.

What anyone thinks about "deeply inside" matters only to that person so I do not see why anyone would put themselves into a position where their innermost feelings are exposed. And I do  not see what personal feelings have to do with the subject to be quite honest. If I have read the request wrong, could you please elaborate further.

Edited by psyche101, 18 April 2012 - 11:53 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Its not the Not Its the When the When !
They are out there !

This is a Work in Progress!

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 19 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Its not the Not Its the When the When !
They are out there !

Exactly, another question is where?

Edited by psyche101, 19 April 2012 - 12:37 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Exactly, another question is where?
We are and here is where,and who knows when and where,but one thing is mostly for sure ! When it Happens a few of us in here will be saying "I TOLD YOU SO to everyone " but that wont even matter when the very loud horn BLAST our eardrums out !
And we all scurry to the Hills !

#9    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 19 April 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

We are and here is where,and who knows when and where,but one thing is mostly for sure ! When it Happens a few of us in here will be saying "I TOLD YOU SO to everyone " but that wont even matter when the very loud horn BLAST our eardrums out !
And we all scurry to the Hills !

:D Mate, I had not got past the bit of question that says do they exist? I am still on a where in that respect bud. Maybe somewhere around Sagittarius might be the closest ones? There does not seem to be any stars is the problem, I just hope the WOW! signal was not simply a black hole munching down a star, or two stars in a collision. It is so much more exciting to think that someone else is out there looking for someone like us.

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I'm sure there is life outside our planet, even intelligent life and there's a good possibility they have already been here.

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

:D Mate, I had not got past the bit of question that says do they exist? I am still on a where in that respect bud. Maybe somewhere around Sagittarius might be the closest ones? There does not seem to be any stars is the problem, I just hope the WOW! signal was not simply a black hole munching down a star, or two stars in a collision. It is so much more exciting to think that someone else is out there looking for someone like us.
In total agreement on the WOw signal its way too daft to think that we could even begin to understand signals from out there !  Even though we do have some smarties and such ! We need a Mother of a Ship Land on the White House Lawn and all the Power on the Planet stop. All of it ! Then If we behave ourselfs Maybe ,just maybe they will send out Gort ! and He will se it in His power to not vaporize us !
PAst that Were just Children of the Solar system in need of some real Help !
Ge yours self to Texas B-4 its Cooked too much ! :tu:

Well ITs time to hit the Rock pile again!

Edited by DONTEATUS, 19 April 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#12    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,952 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

God would have told us if there was life other than our own. There is nothing in the Bible that would agree to other life....
OK so that's not really how I feel. I was just expecting to find one God post in this topic and since I found none I thought I would add it myself.
Other life ... yes... intelligent... don't know.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 19 April 2012 - 02:43 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#13    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,742 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

I believe that intelligent life is a distinct possibility however I would not attempt to assign any sort of probability to that scenario. We just don't know enough. Furthermore I think that intelligent life would be quite rare, just going by our own example of one in 4.5 billion years.

This is one question where I am quite content saying "I don't know".

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#14    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 19 April 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

God would have told us if there was life other than our own. There is nothing in the Bible that would agree to other life....
OK so that's not really how I feel. I was just expecting to find one God post in this topic and since I found none I thought I would add it myself.
Other life ... yes... intelligent... don't know.

God would have told us.....  :lol:

Edited by DBunker, 19 April 2012 - 03:00 AM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Now i will bite my lip ! :wacko:
I hear ya DB !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users