Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * - - - 4 votes

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real?


  • Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#61    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hmmm...still nothing substantive to prove this one way or the other.  Seems like a lot of bother to create a few fleeting seconds of uncredited video.  No additional clips.  No attestations.  No similar creations to prove how 'easy' it is to make.  No claims of creatorship.  No identity for the uploader.  No genuine expert statement put forth to explain creation technique.  Nothing.

I'm sorry, but "I see a digital clock", and "this is so fake" seem pretty weak arguments.  Not to mention stale.

Any fresh proof out there?  Otherwise, skinny bob just may be your uncle.


#62    mrjolly

mrjolly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2009

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Show me one film camera from that era which could record a time in digital format, or, explain why the digital clock appears as dated as the film, when if it's from a VCR or more modern recorder, it shouldn't.

It's fake.


#63    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postmrjolly, on 01 May 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Show me one film camera from that era which could record a time in digital format, or, explain why the digital clock appears as dated as the film, when if it's from a VCR or more modern recorder, it shouldn't.

It's fake.

*yawn*

So, in other words, you've got nothing.

No worries; you're not alone.

And apparently, neither are WE.

Edited by hacktorp, 01 May 2012 - 07:07 PM.


#64    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

None of the cgi 'expert' statements made on this (and there haven't been many) focus on the layering that appear to be on top of the original image.  They understand that, without knowing the precise copy/format history, these layers and artifacts are simply "noise" with little evidentiary value.  They have all gone right to the "signal" to analyze the anthropomorphic traits of the being shown.  No analysis that I've read conclude it is simple cgi.

By all means though, keep analyzing the "noise".  Especially if you find the "signal" a bit too disturbing.


#65    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,031 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Is there an competition to see just how much non-sense can be splattered upon the internet that Im not aware of on this topic?
SkinnyBOB is the most fake video thats ever benn made ! And thats not a guess,or hunch,or fabrication. Its a fact.
Does anybody ever look at the stuff closely ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#66    mrjolly

mrjolly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2009

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 01 May 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

None of the cgi 'expert' statements made on this (and there haven't been many) focus on the layering that appear to be on top of the original image.  They understand that, without knowing the precise copy/format history, these layers and artifacts are simply "noise" with little evidentiary value.  They have all gone right to the "signal" to analyze the anthropomorphic traits of the being shown.  No analysis that I've read conclude it is simple cgi.

By all means though, keep analyzing the "noise".  Especially if you find the "signal" a bit too disturbing.

Ok, you go on believing then.


#67    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 May 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Is there an competition to see just how much non-sense can be splattered upon the internet that Im not aware of on this topic?

^^^Winner!


(ps...it's REAL)


#68    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,031 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 01 May 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

^^^Winner!


(ps...it's REAL)
Real ! LoL Well that splanes it I knew we were going to start to answer to our Over Lords sooner than Later ! Take me to the Transfer machine !

This is a Work in Progress!

#69    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 01 May 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hmmm...still nothing substantive to prove this one way or the other.  Seems like a lot of bother to create a few fleeting seconds of uncredited video.  No additional clips.  No attestations.  No similar creations to prove how 'easy' it is to make.  No claims of creatorship.  No identity for the uploader.  No genuine expert statement put forth to explain creation technique.  Nothing.

I'm sorry, but "I see a digital clock", and "this is so fake" seem pretty weak arguments.  Not to mention stale.

Any fresh proof out there?  Otherwise, skinny bob just may be your uncle.

To you proof is someone else doing it and showing how it was done.  Why hasn't that happened?  Simple, someone has to want to do it.  It wouldn't cost as much as you believe or take as long.  There is software available that can do the job and with the use of a render farm, time can be greatly reduced.

What you seem to be missing, whether intentional or not, is that if you have footage of a real alien, you don't need to add anything to the video to make it seem authentic.  The fact is that elements were added to the movie to try to boost it's authenticity but do just the opposite and detract from it.

Why would someone do this?  because they can and to see how long it takes to be shown as a fake.  Maybe, just maybe, to hone their skills so they can be the next digital effects wizard.

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#70    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 May 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Take me to the Transfer machine !

Sure you wanna go there?  I can hear it now...

"Don't braise me, bro!"


#71    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostSensible Logic, on 01 May 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

.  There is software available that can do the job and with the use of a render farm, time can be greatly reduced.

Rubbish.  Easy to say, I'll grant.  Harder to back up, I'll wager.

View PostSensible Logic, on 01 May 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

What you seem to be missing, whether intentional or not, is that if you have footage of a real alien, you don't need to add anything to the video to make it seem authentic.  The fact is that elements were added to the movie to try to boost it's authenticity but do just the opposite and detract from it.

Again, this is pure noise.  How many hands in how many agencies has this passed through being copied all along the way?  No one knows.  The above claimed "fact" is anything but.

View PostSensible Logic, on 01 May 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Why would someone do this?  because they can and to see how long it takes to be shown as a fake.  Maybe, just maybe, to hone their skills so they can be the next digital effects wizard.

Isn't it interesting how attempts at prosaic explanations begin to look more contrived and convoluted than those a bit more outside the box.  What does that mean?  A VERY good question indeed.


#72    psyche101

psyche101

    The Customer.

  • Member
  • 38,309 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 01 May 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hmmm...still nothing substantive to prove this one way or the other.  Seems like a lot of bother to create a few fleeting seconds of uncredited video.  No additional clips.  No attestations.  No similar creations to prove how 'easy' it is to make.  No claims of creatorship.  No identity for the uploader.  No genuine expert statement put forth to explain creation technique.  Nothing.

I'm sorry, but "I see a digital clock", and "this is so fake" seem pretty weak arguments.  Not to mention stale.

Any fresh proof out there?  Otherwise, skinny bob just may be your uncle.

I posted a link with information about the uploader some pages back.


Quote

Digging further into the video, I found it to be originally posted by Judy Fältskog on Youtube, who has posted two other similar videos.  Wait a second… is this the same Judy Fältskog who’s “alter ego” is James van Greunen?  Wait a second… is this the same Judy/James who is a CGI expert?  This might even be the same Judy that got caught up in a Alien signal scam in May of 2010.  To make it even worse, Judy/James is buddies with professional fake Wayne Herschel.  Or maybe they’re all the same person… who the hell knows.  Wayne/James/Judy/Satan is a scam artist that pushes his tripe junk on gullible people


http://mindcemetery....crash-debunked/

Link to Alien scam thread ATS

I cannot see him being my Uncle, we look so alike that people would talk.

ETA, I am really not crazy about the way the copy and paste function carries formatting across. Yuk.

Edited by psyche101, 01 May 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#73    psyche101

psyche101

    The Customer.

  • Member
  • 38,309 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 01 May 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

*yawn*

So, in other words, you've got nothing.

I beg to differ.
Common sense and reasonable suspicion.

View Posthacktorp, on 01 May 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

No worries; you're not alone.

And apparently, neither are WE.

Skinny Bob convinces you of this much??

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#74    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

I posted a link with information about the uploader some pages back.

Yeah, I saw that ats/Falstskog  post a whole year ago and the time that has passed since then hasn't exactly bolstered its credibility.  There was even a part in it about the video supposedly being transferred aboard a ship in Antarctica!  Not quite what you'd expect for a simple bit of cgi that anyone with a smartphone can make, eh?  Ironically, that fantastic story only gets believable if the video is, in fact, a truly hot commodity.  If anything, the short-lived Faltskog story is a great example of prosaic explanations becoming ridiculously contrived and convoluted like I mentioned earlier.

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Skinny Bob convinces you of this much??

You know, were I able to blindly and blithely ignore the entirety of accumulated data and information concerning ET/UFO save for skinny bob, then perhaps not.  That, however, is a luxury afforded to the pure debunker, not the informed skeptic.  You?


#75    S2F

S2F

    Bloodstained Hurricane

  • Member
  • 7,321 posts
  • Joined:22 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right behind you!

  • I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Posthacktorp, on 02 May 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

You know, were I able to blindly and blithely ignore the entirety of accumulated data and information concerning ET/UFO save for skinny bob, then perhaps not.  That, however, is a luxury afforded to the pure debunker, not the informed skeptic.  You?

You know it's more about the quality of evidence than the quantity right? A ton of maybe's doesn't equal the weight of a single fact.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users