Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 1 votes

Ghosts who forget their death


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    MobiusX

MobiusX

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2011

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

I've seen it in the movies that sometimes ghosts forget their death and are trapped in this world and they don't even know that they are dead. Is this true for real ghosts? What has caused them to forget their death and how can they remember it? What happens when they do? Accept that they are dead and move on to the afterlife? How is this usually accomplished? Btw, other post I created is not the same as this one, other one was based on the similarities of my disorder and ghosts, this one is not, my disorder is not part of the discussion.


#2    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

    Warrior of Light

  • Member
  • 3,961 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Serbia

  • .....This moment contains all moments.....

    ...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think this disembodied energy we call ghosts or poltergeists ends this way because it clings to this world (in other words it is unable to let go). There can be many a personal reason for this, call it "unfinished business". To move on one must no longer cling to anything of this world, people, places, emotions etc. I don't think its because they "forget their death". In Buddhism there is a lot of talk about "clinging" and how it is a primary cause of our suffering.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland


#3    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Well, I'm saying the fact that Ghosts are not scientifically proven and almost ALL cases of "hauntings" are able to be debunked and explained scientifically, I would tend to lean towards NO they don't forget they're dead my friend. Right now, as a whole, the field of Paranormal Research is in it's infant stages. We are simply trying to setup a standard of accepted research before we can start truly quantifying "ghosts" etc. So, for anyone whom says they're an investigator with actual proof of Ghosts are lying or seriously deceived.


#4    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 5,759 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

The way I see it...

(assuming there are in fact ghosts... Which I am presently undecided on...)

I would think ghosts would be in one of two broad categories...

1.) Classic 'ghost': 'aware' of surroundings and has at least limited ability to interact with people and things... Ghosts that can communicate with the living, react to living presence,etc...

2.) Ghosts that merely reinact moments of their lives - with no 'awareness' of the living...

The 1st type are the ones that you usually see in movies, poltergeists, violent interaction,etc..  I supose that it is possible that they might not know that they are indeed dead - particularly if they died suddenly... Though you would think that after 50+ years (or so) of nothing changing, they would get the hint...

The 2nd type would not know they are dead, because they would not know anything... They would be more-or-less an infinitly repeating loop like movie of a bit of the past - most likely the emotion or energy of some traumatic moment trapped - not the soul - if that makes sense...

At least that is how I see the various types of 'ghostly phenomena' working...

(I don't consider orbs as paranormal at all - just my opinion)...


#5    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,634 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostMobiusX, on 19 April 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

I've seen it in the movies that sometimes ghosts forget their death and are trapped in this world and they don't even know that they are dead. Is this true for real ghosts? What has caused them to forget their death and how can they remember it? What happens when they do? Accept that they are dead and move on to the afterlife? How is this usually accomplished? Btw, other post I created is not the same as this one, other one was based on the similarities of my disorder and ghosts, this one is not, my disorder is not part of the discussion.

I take what you said and think of it in the terms of a human spirit being stuck in the world they knew, as if nothing changed. All of the people in their world and life being memories of what people were, but no one is really there. There isn't a "there"; just the spirit in their own mind. In its own created world of what it knows. Call it a psychological state, a spiritual state, or both, in limbo. Like a dream.

I don't see how anyone here would be able to tell you in that case how a spirit would forget, remember, and move on from this limbo. Or if it is even a likely scenario. In theory, I guess the only one who would be able to figure out how to rise out of their situation would be the spirit, if it became ready. What would make it ready would be the question.

But if they would be able to shift from their "dream" to realize their real situation, I would tend to think that they would have to bypass their normal conscious thinking in the dream, to some unconscious, behind the curtains thought and feeling. Real thoughts and feelings that are blocked by the dream. Who knows how that behind the scenes consciousness might be accessed. Well, temporarily detaching from their current dream experience completely could be one way. Like deep meditation or sleep, putting all that you normally are behind, and just being.

But that is just my thoughts about that hypothetical situation; a person dying and not knowing it. It's interesting to think about, but is more or less a fantasy idea. Still fun to think about those kind of what ifs.

Edited by _Only, 19 April 2012 - 08:34 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#6    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

View Post_Only, on 19 April 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

I take what you said and think of it in the terms of a human spirit being stuck in the world they knew, as if nothing changed. All of the people in their world and life being memories of what people were, but no one is really there. There isn't a "there"; just the spirit in their own mind. In its own created world of what it knows. Call it a psychological state, a spiritual state, or both, in limbo. Like a dream.

I don't see how anyone here would be able to tell you in that case how a spirit would forget, remember, and move on from this limbo. Or if it is even a likely scenario. In theory, I guess the only one who would be able to figure out how to rise out of their situation would be the spirit, if it became ready. What would make it ready would be the question.

But if they would be able to shift from their "dream" to realize their real situation, I would tend to think that they would have to bypass their normal conscious thinking in the dream, to some unconscious, behind the curtains thought and feeling. Real thoughts and feelings that are blocked by the dream. Who knows how that behind the scenes consciousness might be accessed. Well, temporarily detaching from their current dream experience completely could be one way. Like deep meditation or sleep, putting all that you normally are behind, and just being.

But that is just my thoughts about that hypothetical situation; a person dying and not knowing it. It's interesting to think about, but is more or less a fantasy idea. Still fun to think about those kind of what ifs.

Well said my friend.:tu:


#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,465 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

They may be perfectly aware they are dead but don't want to move on.


#8    nyuk

nyuk

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

Maybe in their state, nothing seems to have changed.
They could be reliving the same moments time after time.
Kinda like groundhog day....but worse


#9    ParanormalCamera

ParanormalCamera

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:29 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I think ghosts are a form of energy and they also need your energy to manifest.


#10    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

:unsure:

Posted Image

I take this is hypothetical because one would have to believe in ghosts to believe in a confused or lost one.


#11    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,634 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

View Postnyuk, on 25 April 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Maybe in their state, nothing seems to have changed.
They could be reliving the same moments time after time.
Kinda like groundhog day....but worse

I thought about this for awhile yesterday, and soon realized I would drive myself crazy if I continued, heh. Or at least get a decent headache.

Edited by _Only, 27 April 2012 - 05:13 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#12    nyuk

nyuk

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

View Post_Only, on 27 April 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

I thought about this for awhile yesterday, and soon realized I would drive myself crazy if I continued, heh. Or at least get a decent headache.

Happy to help ;)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users