Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Backmasked Lyrics: The Work Of Satan?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#106    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 25 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that much of what you've asserted is flat-out wrong.

Now don't be saying that, I wont be able to sleep well tonight..because your opinions mean ...so much   lol..  I stand by all I posted and happy to...If I record myself saying  and you play it backwards  , you might think  I agree with you  lol Posted Image

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 April 2012 - 09:22 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#107    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ok..

What do songs played backwards say?

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#108    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 25 April 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Now don't be saying that, I wont be able to sleep well tonight..because your opinions mean ...so much

And again, that's great, but it doesn't change how wrong many of your assertions within this thread have been. Whether me telling you that or not matters to you doesn't change the fact that they are wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.

Edited by Angel Left Wing, 26 April 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#109    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,148 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

How long do you have to go on trying to prove your point? Will you ever let it go or just keep on? You know what, never mind. I was a fool to even start reading this thread. Sadly, I never learn and keep reading threads in this forum that make me angry, or worse, and you're just not worth it. Good luck with whatever point you're trying to make. I don't expect you to acknowledge any of what I've said because my last post was ignored as you continue to drive your point home like some maniac.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#110    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,148 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

View Postrashore, on 25 April 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Ok..

What do songs played backwards say?

When I saw your response while I was at work and the YouTube stuff blocked, I'd hoped that my question hadn't been ignored and you'd actually found backmasking examples other than the ones always thrust into everyone's face. Ah well, I enjoyed listening to The Byrds anyway and the version of Ave Maria was just strange. :P Thanks rashore.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#111    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostOffeiriad, on 26 April 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

How long do you have to go on trying to prove your point?
What point do you feel I am "going on" about in trying to make, or more precisely, prove?

My last few posts have been informing Becky's Mom of the incorrect presumptions she has made about "requirements" needed to approach, and answer, the question in the opening post (along with a few other things).

Going back and forth with her about that is no different than her doing the same with me over the incorrect presumption I made that she doesn't believe in God. Yet for some reason you aren't calling her a "maniac" (even though I have acknowledged the incorrect presumption I have made while she appears incapable of understanding why her presumptions are wrong) or asking her how long she has to keep going on about her beliefs. Why is that?

As for the discussion of unintentional backmasked messeges existing or not, and if they do, whether or not they are the work of Satan, I have all ready stated my thoughts about that.

Right now I am hoping Tmars78 will be able to carry out the demonstration of singing the backmasked words Paranoid Android heard, and then playing them in reverse to see if we hear the oringinal lyrics to "Stairway To Heaven" or something that sounds remarkably close to them - as is the case with that experiment being done with the Satanic message some feel is present.

Will you ever let it go or just keep on?
Let go of what exactly? When did it become odd to discuss a topic on a message board?

I've all ready explained why I've gone back and forth with Becky's Mom (which again, she is doing no different than I in that regard, yet you aren't complaining about her continuing to post for some reason).

As for whether or not Satanic messages are present in some songs, we have reached a standstill. As I mentioned above, hopefully Tmars78 will be able to help us with that.

You know what, never mind. I was a fool to even start reading this thread. Sadly, I never learn and keep reading threads in this forum that make me angry, or worse.
Perhaps it is you who is the maniacal one then.

I don't expect you to acknowledge any of what I've said because my last post was ignored as you continue to drive your point home like some maniac.
The reason I did not respond to your last post is because the questions you asked within it came off as rhetorical as opposed to truly wanting answers to them. Furthermore, I did not know that they were solely directed towards me.

Based on your "maniac" comment however, it appears that if I did respond to your last post it would of only led you to further label me a "maniac," become "angry, or worse," and wonder about "how long" I plan to keep "trying to prove [my] point."

#112    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,221 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Angel Left Wing do not make this discussion personal. Hearing hidden messages in songs played backwards is highly subjective. Some will ascribe meaning, others will say it's simply due to matrixing. Going on and on and making differences in opinion personal doesn't help support your belief. Move on and discuss the subject, not others.

Edited by Lilly, 26 April 2012 - 10:02 AM.
spelling error

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#113    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostLilly, on 26 April 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Move on and discuss the subject, not others.

Fair enough, but you should note that I am not the only one who has done such things within this thread. Offeiriad implying I am a maniac a few posts above is a personal attack against me.

You should also note that Becky's Mom, in what I believe was her first post within this topic, mocked those holding a belief that backmasked messages could possibly be the work of Satan.

It was that mockery that led to anyone on either side of the discussion making comments that could be considered personal.

There is no need to have unfairly singled me out in this regard.

#114    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,221 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 26 April 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

....It was that mockery that led to anyone on either side of the discussion making comments that could be considered personal.

There is no need to have unfairly singled me out in this regard.[/font]

The need for proper behaviour always applies to everyone.

If you had issues with the posts of others you should have reported them. Basically speaking, two wrongs never make a right. Either way, your post is once again visible and once again I ask that everyone leave personal remarks out of the discussion.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#115    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Sorry to disappoint with the first tunes... Here's a couple of them with backwards action..

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#116    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postrashore, on 26 April 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Sorry to disappoint with the first tunes... Here's a couple of them with backwards action..
The second clip thankfully didn't have any words printed over the top to colour our perception.  Unfortunately that just meant that I didn't hear anything but gibberish, and a strong desire to go to my dvd collection to watch Phantom of the Opera.  As for the first link, I listened to it with my eyes closed and couldn't understand a single word.  Then I opened my eyes and watched the clip again.  Only then did I see what I was supposed to be hearing.

I reckon if these backmasked lyric videos were uploaded without words to lead us most of us would hear either gibberish, or if we were forced we'd probably assign totally different words/phrases.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 27 April 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#117    Tmars78

Tmars78

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• It was all a dream......

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Sorry I haven't put me singing the songs backwards. Had an emergency pop up, that needed to be attended to. I will get on it first thing tomorrow.

And PA, all I heard in the second one was gibberish. I think I heard the word evil, but that is to be debated too.

Edit: Messing with PA's lyrics, and the original lyrics. No matter how I sing them, they don't sound anything like the words forward. This is truly a daunting task, and takes more talent than I obviously have. I will continue to mess with it if you really want, as I want to know the answer as well.

Edited by Tmars78, 27 April 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#118    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostTmars78, on 27 April 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

And PA, all I heard in the second one was gibberish. I think I heard the word evil, but that is to be debated too.
All I heard in the "Phantom Of The Opera" backmasking was gibberish as well. I'm not sure if it was posted for amusement though, or if a message was actually supposed to be present.

And while I believe I stated this in an earlier post, I do not believe Satanic messages are present in every backmasked playing of a song in which that claim is made. In the examples used within the video in the opening post, however, I felt the messages were heard pretty clearly.

I also did not intend for anyone to think I've definitively claimed that these messages, if present, are clearly the work of Satan. I do believe it is possible, but I was in no way trying to tell others that that is clearly the case.

I asked the question because I really wanted to know if any others also felt it was possible.

View PostTmars78, on 27 April 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Edit: Messing with PA's lyrics, and the original lyrics. No matter how I sing them, they don't sound anything like the words forward. This is truly a daunting task, and takes more talent than I obviously have. I will continue to mess with it if you really want, as I want to know the answer as well.
I appreciate that you've taken the time to even try it. If you're willing to play around with it some more I'd be thankful for that as well. I don't want you to feel like you're letting anyone down though if you don't feel like doing anything more with it.

#119    Tmars78

Tmars78

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• It was all a dream......

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 27 April 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

All I heard in the "Phantom Of The Opera" backmasking was gibberish as well. I'm not sure if it was posted for amusement though, or if a message was actually supposed to be present.

And while I believe I stated this in an earlier post, I do not believe Satanic messages are present in every backmasked playing of a song in which that claim is made. In the examples used within the video in the opening post, however, I felt the messages were heard pretty clearly.

I also did not intend for anyone to think I've definitively claimed that these messages, if present, are clearly the work of Satan. I do believe it is possible, but I was in no way trying to tell others that that is clearly the case.

I asked the question because I really wanted to know if any others also felt it was possible.

I appreciate that you've taken the time to even try it. If you're willing to play around with it some more I'd be thankful for that as well. I don't want you to feel like you're letting anyone down though if you don't feel like doing anything more with it.

I am going to give it a little more time. I think the way the sound isn't a constant is what makes it so incredibly tough.

And for your listening pleasure, here is something with intentional backmasking.

#120    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,409 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Watch out  -  I think members of certain groups with a religious/political agenda post in websites like these.   No doubt looking for converts.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users