Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We Came in Peace - moon hoax

Saru

Wow! Someone put a LOT of time into this. Would be awesome if it were real! lol This guy is really talented.

The amazing thing is, he does most of his videos from 2D images layered together in After Effects and uses motion, blur, shake, lighting, keyframing, tracking, etc to make it look like a real video. It's all animation. And it doesnt take him that long, he can put together a convincing UFO video in 20 minutes, and I've seen other people make them that fast. I won't trust another supernatural or UFO video again without good reason and other evidence. 99% of the good UFO videos on youtube are all fakes, and done with similar methods and effects.

Check out some of his other videos:

The only real raw video footage is the astronauts in the shuttle:

Edited by AlienDan

Excellent. My only problem with this sort of stuff is that it WILL be rehashed by others and claimed as real.

Remember thos worth1000 'giant' pictures made for their archeological anomolies competition?

Many of them had deliberate mistakes left in them so it was obvious that they were fake and yet people still use them as 'proof' of bible stories, giants, nephilim etc.

And the brainless believe them!

I won't trust another supernatural or UFO video again without good reason and other evidence. 99% of the good UFO videos on youtube are all fakes, and done with similar methods and effects.

Thats the biggest problem now isn't it?

There was a time not so long ago that a half decent video would have been taken very seriously. But we're pretty much at the point where video evidence alone is just not going to be near good enough.

Makes you wonder what would be conclusive evidence now?

• Like 1

Thats the biggest problem now isn't it?

Why a problem? At last we are being educated that a video or image is NOT evidence! It is the full story that matters, things like consistency and logic in the story, willingness of the photographer to engage with investigators, and then other issues like witness corroboration, etc.

Makes you wonder what would be conclusive evidence now?

Evidence of what? If you mean ET visitation - well, it won't be some lame event that simply involves lights in the sky, reported by one or two folks who just happen to know each other (and have a copy of After Effects/3DS Max/Jahshaka..).

And quite rightly - in no other topic (except perhaps general 'paranormalcy'!) is the 'evidence' threshold so abysmally low.

I love TFH's work, by the way!

Why a problem? At last we are being educated that a video or image is NOT evidence! It is the full story that matters, things like consistency and logic in the story, willingness of the photographer to engage with investigators, and then other issues like witness corroboration, etc.

Evidence of what? If you mean ET visitation - well, it won't be some lame event that simply involves lights in the sky, reported by one or two folks who just happen to know each other (and have a copy of After Effects/3DS Max/Jahshaka..).

And quite rightly - in no other topic (except perhaps general 'paranormalcy'!) is the 'evidence' threshold so abysmally low.

I love TFH's work, by the way!

I agree with you and I do realise that single source video 'evidence' isn't exactly 'ideal' but really no single source video is going to be taken even remotely seriously right off the bat without multiple independant eye witness corroboration and other supporting evidence now.

That was the point I was making.

I am just saying that as photographis stills have long been suspect, now so is video. No matter how convincing. I think we've reached the point where home-made hoaxes are so sophisticated that as Dan said, I also can't imagine seeing a picture or video clip and not just thinking 'fake'.

Technically very impressive and I'm not having a go at TFH, I agree he's showing the state of the fakers art to us all. Just a shame that now when it comes to video, we really cannot believe our eyes at all any more.

Edited by Atlantia

Looks like a trailer for a movie and a good one at that.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...