Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Drone use takes off on home front

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

With little public attention, dozens of universities and law-enforcement agencies have been given approval by federal aviation regulators to use unmanned aircraft known as drones, according to documents obtained via Freedom of Information Act requests by an advocacy group.

My link  

Yep America is screwed,please tell me im not the only one who will shoot these down if I see them!

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,789 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postbigtroutak, on 20 April 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

My link  

Yep America is screwed,please tell me im not the only one who will shoot these down if I see them!
You have to wait until they are moving away.  Quite an opportunity for sport, I'd say.  Much better than dove or even ducks.  I expect you'd have to use rifles almost exclusively, say 223 or heavier and you'd need good optics. :rofl: :w00t: :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Drones, FEMA camps, surveillance, SOPA, CISPA, you can't dance near monuments... This will be fun to watch. What are they preparing for??

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

I think you should have to have a search warrant to use one of these things to spy on someone.  A lot of the things the military get's usually ends up filtering down to the police.  I think there should be a limit to protect our right's.  Is anyone in Washington concerned about that?

#5    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostHilander, on 20 April 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

I think you should have to have a search warrant to use one of these things to spy on someone.  A lot of the things the military get's usually ends up filtering down to the police.  I think there should be a limit to protect our right's.  Is anyone in Washington concerned about that?

Heck no , Washington LOVES the militarization of our police. More money for their lobbiest friends.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#6    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

"With little public attention, dozens of universities and law-enforcement agencies have been given approval by federal aviation regulators to use unmanned aircraft known as drones,"

.... why do universities want or need drones?¿?       i smell a subsidized money maker with these things.  ?¿? .. more than a real "need".

Edited by lightly, 21 April 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostHilander, on 20 April 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Just curious - what's the difference between a drone flying over your house and a police car sitting in front of it?  Or a drone flying over a crowd vs a police officer walking through it?

Edited by Rafterman, 21 April 2012 - 12:38 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#8    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Good question. Reminds me a lot of ...

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#9    Pinx

Pinx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• Perhaps an attic shall I seek...

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

But how long until they're available to consumers? I can't wait to purchase my Apple iDrone.  :devil:

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." --Kurt Vonnegut

#10    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostRafterman, on 21 April 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Just curious - what's the difference between a drone flying over your house and a police car sitting in front of it? Or a drone flying over a crowd vs a police officer walking through it?

The major difference i see is that a police car sitting in front of your house would be on public property whereas, a drone could  surveil your PRIVATE property.    Many people have private areas outside on their property and they have a constitutional right to privacy in those areas•

Of course helicopter and satellite cameras are already invading that privacy.. and that is no less unconstitutional•

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postlightly, on 21 April 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

The major difference i see is that a police car sitting in front of your house would be on public property whereas, a drone could  surveil your PRIVATE property.    Many people have private areas outside on their property and they have a constitutional right to privacy in those areas•

Of course helicopter and satellite cameras are already invading that privacy.. and that is no less unconstitutional•

I believe that the courts have ruled that you have no expectation of privacy when you are outside.

If the police could sit up on a hill and look into your walled backyard, they wouldn't need a warrant to do that.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostRafterman, on 21 April 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

I believe that the courts have ruled that you have no expectation of privacy when you are outside.

If the police could sit up on a hill and look into your walled backyard, they wouldn't need a warrant to do that.

thanks Rafterman, . . .  Oh.   that figures.    I guess maybe it makes sense too.. but i still think it stinks.

The whole drone thing bothers me.  Public safety??   For one thing , how safe can they be flying about above our heads ? On a WINDY day.. or whatever...      The whole idea seems redundant and idiotic .  

A handful of people plan on making a LOT of money producing them ..  i think  that is the real "NEED"  at play •

#13    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postbigtroutak, on 20 April 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

My link  

So.......what happens when someone flying one of these looses control (especially one of the bigger ones), and it hits someone or someones house? Wonder how long it will take before the first fatal crash happens.

I hope they've thought this through and aren't just thinking $$.........

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#14    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostRafterman, on 21 April 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

This type of stance leads to a police state.  Are you sure your an American.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#15    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

duplicate..

Edited by SolarPlexus, 22 April 2012 - 01:31 AM.

Galileo Galilei
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users