Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What's the very best UFO case in the world?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#1    Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

• I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right.
    ― P.T. Barnam

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

The most famous one being Roswell, but it certainly isn't the best. Or rather, if it is, then the others must be really, really weak. Roswell was a bunch of rubbish from a balloon and a made up story about alien bodies, with no verification at all.

In the UK almost as famous as Roswell, I guess, is Rendlesham Forest. But that was obviously the lighthouse. There's also the Berwyn Mountains one but that turns out to have been poachers with lights.

Are there any actual good cases at all, anywhere?

#2    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hard to say in this day and age, with all the hoaxers, liers and the human mind beeing what it is, missidentifications, etc...

Personally I like the 1976 Tehran UFO incident.

Some researchers consider it strong evidence for the extraterrestrial origins of the UFO because there was a blackout on the F-4 just when it was going to fire and because of instrumental breakdowns on two different aircraft while they were on the chase. A military spy satellite also recorded this incident. The DSP-1 satellite detected an infrared anomaly during the time of this event that lasted for about an hour.

Radar detection, two F-4s going crazy, and a DSP detection of the whole thing. Nothing I would call scientific hard evidence that ET is visiting Earth, but it is one of those unexplained mysteries that we all (skeptics and believers) think about, and what keeps UFOology alive.

Its the what if,...?  :)

Edited by Hazzard, 21 April 2012 - 01:09 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,592 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I like the Brazilian UFO incident where "burns" appeared on the townspeople, and the small plane where it crashed into a UFO, The Mexican air force was found dead when the Americans came.

#4    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,752 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'd go with Hazz's already mentioned case, although JAL1628 encounter may fit the bill (which IMHO was caused by natural phenomena plus subjective recounts by crew members) as well.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#5    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostFlibbertigibbet, on 21 April 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

The most famous one being Roswell, but it certainly isn't the best. Or rather, if it is, then the others must be really, really weak. Roswell was a bunch of rubbish from a balloon and a made up story about alien bodies, with no verification at all.

In the UK almost as famous as Roswell, I guess, is Rendlesham Forest. But that was obviously the lighthouse. There's also the Berwyn Mountains one but that turns out to have been poachers with lights.

How can you state such rubbish (highlited text above)
it is a well known fact that all lighthouses that are based on the mainland within the UK, have the landward side of the lighthouse light blacked out. Only the seaward side shows any light.. Therefore the Rendlesham Forest incident could not possibly be attributed to the lighthouse.

Had you done any research at all you would have known this. :)

#6    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,752 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 21 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

it is a well known fact that all lighthouses that are based on the mainland within the UK, have the landward side of the lighthouse light blacked out. Only the seaward side shows any light.. Therefore the Rendlesham Forest incident could not possibly be attributed to the lighthouse.

As far as I remember, one member, familiar with Rendlesham area, here on UM said otherwise - lighthouse light could be visible from the place eyewitnesses saw UFO.

Edited by bmk1245, 21 April 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#7    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Mate, there is no rubbish in that statement.

Give this a good healthy read.  And watch this:

Cheers. :tu:

#8    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

When it comes to truly perplexing UFO incidents, I'd have to agree with Hazard about the Tehran incident, the Colares case from Brazil is also an extremely freaky one.

Plenty and I urge you to look into the subject, cases like the Edwards Air Force base incident, the Shag Harbour incident, the Coyne incident, the Bariloche incident, the Minot Air Force base incident, the Little Rissington incident and the Portage county incident are well worth a look - testimony in the Gosford case, the Red Bluff case, the Tocopilla case, the Boulmer case and the Lake Erie Coastguard case is also pretty compelling but there are many, many others out there.

#9    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Might take a look at the 1966 Westall High School incident.  I've always found this one to be among the top, though I've decidedly avoiding investigating it in depth because most other cases that I looked into enough just didn't seem to withstand scrutiny.

http://www.latest-uf...ncident-at.html

I guess I'm holding out hope that this might have been the real deal.

:sigh:

#10    Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

• I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right.
    ― P.T. Barnam

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Georgina Bruni states that when she went and had a look for herself she could clearly see the lighthouse light from the forest, and she didn't even believe it was the explanation.

#11    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 April 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Mate, there is no rubbish in that statement.

Give this a good healthy read.  And watch this:

Cheers. :tu:

Hi Boony
I have read the link but have not got time to watch the video this evening.
I cannot see anything in the link other than one sentence refering to possible light from the lighthouse.
The lighthouse in question, which is situated a couple of ,miles from where the incident allegedly occured, has the landward side of the light window blacked out.  It has always been blacked out. Only seaward light is seen. :)

#12    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 April 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

As far as I remember, one member, familiar with Rendlesham area, here on UM said otherwise - lighthouse light could be visible from the place eyewitnesses saw UFO.

If this is the case, as one other poster has also mentioned, then I stand to be corrected and will happily apologise to the OP.  But the reason mainland lighthouses are blacked out on the landward side are obvious. To stop light polution and annoyance to nearby residents. :)

#13    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 21 April 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Hi Boony
I have read the link but have not got time to watch the video this evening.
I cannot see anything in the link other than one sentence refering to possible light from the lighthouse.
The lighthouse in question, which is situated a couple of ,miles from where the incident allegedly occured, has the landward side of the light window blacked out.  It has always been blacked out. Only seaward light is seen. :)
Apologies for being unclear.  When I suggested giving it a good healthy read I didn't mean to just read the one page, but to fully investigate the whole body of evidence provided on Ian's site.  That link was merely the home page with many other pages that go into excruciating detail regarding this case.  For example, here is a link to the first page specifically discussing the lighthouse.  There are many other links within that first page to other source materials relevant to the discussion, and there is a second page which likewise has additional links.

Cheers.

#14    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,767 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

I must say that you are highly unlikely to get to the truth about these matters with such a fierce dismissive nature.  During the Rendlesham Forest incident one US military guy allegedly touched one of the small craft and sketched the symbols etched on it.   He felt the heat from the craft and his testimony was supported by colleagues; why would they lie?  How seriously have you investigated this case?

Posted Image

#15    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 April 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Apologies for being unclear.  When I suggested giving it a good healthy read I didn't mean to just read the one page, but to fully investigate the whole body of evidence provided on Ian's site.  That link was merely the home page with many other pages that go into excruciating detail regarding this case.  For example, here is a link to the first page specifically discussing the lighthouse.  There are many other links within that first page to other source materials relevant to the discussion, and there is a second page which likewise has additional links.

Cheers.

Ok,...Thanks  Boony,  will dig deeper into it tomoz when I have time.
In the meantime, nighty night all. 'tis bedtime here :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users