Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Clairvoyance


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    tay123

tay123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi everyone! I am participating in a philosophy project and I would like to get some of your opinions on the topic of clairvoyance. Clairvoyance, by
definition is, "the supposed faculty of perceiving things or events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact". Through my research I have found that many people do not believe in this phenomena because it has not been proven by science. My hypothesis is that clairvoyance is real and the fact that scientists cannot prove it exists, is an epistemological question in itself. The fact that stories exist of various people who have experienced the sixth-sense poses an epistemological question and takes away from the credibility of scientific research and claims. Clairvoyance is outside of the realm of the scientific method, which causes scientists and others to doubt the validity of clairvoyance. Many scientists have tried to find ways to test clairvoyance but there have been many flaws in the procedures and conclusions. I have read some personal accounts of clairvoyants who have actually been able to control their clairvoyant dreams and abilities. There are actually many claims that clairvoyance can be taught or learned. Due to the fact that science has not been able to prove that this psychic ability is legitimate leads to many epistemological questions. There are tons of articles, movies, books etc. claiming multiple ideas and beliefs about this anomaly. Here is a website that anyone can go to see a few stories of clairvoyant experiences: http://www.psychic-e....php?story=7073 Also, below is the link to a video of an expert on clairvoyance talking about her work. Please comment and give me your thoughts and discussions on this subject.
work:


#2    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

All I know is that one time I had a completely clairvoyant dream of me visiting a house and taking a tour with the owner, which happened later in my life, a couple states over. I don't know what to make of it. But, nevertheless, there it was. Has only happened to me once in my life.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#3    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,295 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Clair Voyance works in the Fish Shop in Bristol...

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#4    danydandan

danydandan

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Joined:04 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kildare Ireland

  • Deus iudex est meus

    super omnes familia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Posttay123, on 22 April 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Hi everyone! I am participating in a philosophy project and I would like to get some of your opinions on the topic of clairvoyance. Clairvoyance, by
definition is, "the supposed faculty of perceiving things or events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact". Through my research I have found that many people do not believe in this phenomena because it has not been proven by science. My hypothesis is that clairvoyance is real and the fact that scientists cannot prove it exists, is an epistemological question in itself. The fact that stories exist of various people who have experienced the sixth-sense poses an epistemological question and takes away from the credibility of scientific research and claims. Clairvoyance is outside of the realm of the scientific method, which causes scientists and others to doubt the validity of clairvoyance. Many scientists have tried to find ways to test clairvoyance but there have been many flaws in the procedures and conclusions. I have read some personal accounts of clairvoyants who have actually been able to control their clairvoyant dreams and abilities. There are actually many claims that clairvoyance can be taught or learned. Due to the fact that science has not been able to prove that this psychic ability is legitimate leads to many epistemological questions. There are tons of articles, movies, books etc. claiming multiple ideas and beliefs about this anomaly. Here is a website that anyone can go to see a few stories of clairvoyant experiences: http://www.psychic-e....php?story=7073 Also, below is the link to a video of an expert on clairvoyance talking about her work. Please comment and give me your thoughts and discussions on this subject.
work:
Why do you keep saying "science cant prove this or science doesnt understand that" . Its people, a vast majority of whom, believe that extrasensory perception is a load of bull.
You claim that the experiments are not credible , well prove that to me . Flaws in the procedure and conclusions ???
Its up to the people who believe that they have extrasensory perception to prove , not anyone else . All scientists have to do is validate them objectivly.

Edited by danydandan, 22 April 2012 - 10:44 PM.

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,149 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

I have had experiences like that many times through out my life, even saved my life once.  I'm always awake when this happens.  Sometimes I can pick up on what people are thinking too.  I know this happens and I don't feel the need to prove it to anyone.


#6    tay123

tay123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2012

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postdanydandan, on 22 April 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Why do you keep saying "science cant prove this or science doesnt understand that" . Its people, a vast majority of whom, believe that extrasensory perception is a load of bull.
You claim that the experiments are not credible , well prove that to me . Flaws in the procedure and conclusions ???
Its up to the people who believe that they have extrasensory perception to prove , not anyone else . All scientists have to do is validate them objectivly.

Many people have had these experiences so of course they would believe it. The people who have not had the experiences could have a different take on their views. Science has not been able to prove anything about clairvoyance or other ESP forms. It depends on the person and if they choose to believe or not. And yes, scientists have tried many times to test and prove clairvoyance and other ESP forms but their procedures have been flawed. Therefore, their results have not been correct. I also said that I believe in ESP although I have never experienced it, because I believe that people would not have so many amazing stories of their experiences if it was not real. How do you want me to prove to you that the experiments have been flawed? Its as simple as reading the internet. I came across a couple of articles that said that scientists have tried several times to test ESP and their procedures have been flawed. There is currently no way that has been found to properly test ESP.


#7    tay123

tay123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2012

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostHilander, on 23 April 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

I have had experiences like that many times through out my life, even saved my life once.  I'm always awake when this happens.  Sometimes I can pick up on what people are thinking too.  I know this happens and I don't feel the need to prove it to anyone.

I definitely believe in all types of ESP, especially clairvoyance. So many people can account for experiences like yours and that is proof enough for me, even though I have never personally experienced any form of ESP.


#8    tay123

tay123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2012

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Post_Only, on 22 April 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

All I know is that one time I had a completely clairvoyant dream of me visiting a house and taking a tour with the owner, which happened later in my life, a couple states over. I don't know what to make of it. But, nevertheless, there it was. Has only happened to me once in my life.

Yeah, it has never happened to me before, but it is fascinating to hear everyone's stories.


#9    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Posttay123, on 23 April 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Yeah, it has never happened to me before, but it is fascinating to hear everyone's stories.

Here's a little account of my pre-cognitive dream. One of those things you just forget the details of after awhile. I'm glad I wrote it down on here: http://www.unexplain...1

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#10    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

I do not believe in mediums and psychics.

I do believe in intuition and picking up on what people say and their body language.

I do believe however, that since a mother and child are physically connected by an umbilical chord that is it not unreasonable to believe that some sort of bond that could be termed 'psychic' could be formed there.

I also believe that twins who share the same DNA feel they have a bond because they share DNA and also possibly because they shared the womb.

I know it sounds kind of feminist but I don't mean it to.  To me it's just a logic thing.


#11    alex1990

alex1990

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Female

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

well ive had dreams and visions, and sometimes i can just say things with out knowing it will come true. I would love for people to research the matter ,theres so many questions i have  but when the time is ready they will find nessary proof if they havent already and just havent released it.Either way I just want answers or to meet someone like me . Ive tried looking into indigo and although i fall into the category i dunno. Im still alil different that what they are.
but if you want some more experinces look up indigos there's a bunch of info on them.


#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,295 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I get this E.S.P. all the time,its a kind of warning,like telling you to do/not do something and has saved me from harm on numerous occasions.Maybe its my "guardian angel" if you believe in that sort of thing,which I'm sceptical about.But I dont know a lot about Clairvoyance as I dont believe that anyone can forecast the future....Does anyone have the same E.S.P intuition ?.My Mom used to have the same senses,she was a twin and could tell if her sister was in trouble or not feeling well,although they were miles apart.My son has the same senses but a lot stronger than mine.I'm open to debate on this if anyone has the same sort of feelings..cheers.....

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#13    tay123

tay123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2012

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 23 April 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

I do not believe in mediums and psychics.

I do believe in intuition and picking up on what people say and their body language.

I do believe however, that since a mother and child are physically connected by an umbilical chord that is it not unreasonable to believe that some sort of bond that could be termed 'psychic' could be formed there.

I also believe that twins who share the same DNA feel they have a bond because they share DNA and also possibly because they shared the womb.

I know it sounds kind of feminist but I don't mean it to.  To me it's just a logic thing.

I completely agree. How is it that twins especially can feel each others thoughts and emotions? I don't know how people can deny clairvoyance or psychics. SO many people have claimed to have these experiences and the fact that a person can make an account of a story in detail before the event happens is proof enough for me that all types of ESP are real.


#14    tay123

tay123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2012

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postalex1990, on 23 April 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

well ive had dreams and visions, and sometimes i can just say things with out knowing it will come true. I would love for people to research the matter ,theres so many questions i have  but when the time is ready they will find nessary proof if they havent already and just havent released it.Either way I just want answers or to meet someone like me . Ive tried looking into indigo and although i fall into the category i dunno. Im still alil different that what they are.
but if you want some more experinces look up indigos there's a bunch of info on them.

Thank you for that suggestion. I am researching it right now for a philosophy project and I can't seem to find actual proof of clairvoyance/ESP except through experiences. I don't think that ESP was meant for the human mind to understand for some reason. I think and have found that a lot of people doubt clairvoyance and other ESP because they do not understand why it cannot be tested. I guess they figure that ESP can be detected through brain waves and such. I personally believe these claims. I have never had an experience with ESP but I know someone personally who had an interesting experience when they were young. This person actually had a dream that his grandmother died when he was 6. He woke up that morning and told his parents what he dreamed about and a couple hours later they got a call saying that the grandmother had passed. How could anyone doubt ESP when there are stories like that? That is no coincidence.


#15    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Posttay123, on 23 April 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

How could anyone doubt ESP when there are stories like that? That is no coincidence.

People rarely believe any stories from others anymore. Blame the world of liars. You and me, too. We all lie.

The only answer for many to that is to find proof of everything. Which isn't easy. To understand a possible aspect of the brain, you would first have to understand the brain. A work in progress. So for many, it is the safe way to just deny any claims if they haven't experienced it themselves, and there is no outside proof.

Edited by _Only, 23 April 2012 - 04:09 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users