Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Haunted on Animal Planet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

I've been watching "The Haunted" a series on Animal Planet about haunted houses, paranormal events etc. The show is geared toward animal stories but sometimes they stretch it a bit with the folks having a dog who barks at an entity. Despite the loose animal connection this show I think has the best paranormal video and EVP evidence of all the shows on ghosts on TV right now. I've seen some great video evidence in different episodes and some good EVP work, including some "ghost box" work which I'd never seen before. The show uses some recreations but for the most part relies on evidence taken by local paranormal societies that families have called in for help. Granted any paranormal evidence can be faked but compared with shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and other shows like them, this one seems to have more what I would call geniune evidence. Any one else catch the show and what do you think?

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#2    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,295 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Here is a clip of the show with some of the evidence I was talking about. Granted the evidence can be faked but the bite in the basement during the investigation of the grocery store (abot the 7:00 mark), then later in the episode the attack filmed at night while he slept is also quite interesting.

Edited by darkmoonlady, 01 May 2012 - 05:59 AM.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,123 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I have seen a few episodes of The Haunted, but I can't say it's better or worse than the other shows out there. They're just cashing in on the paranormal mania that exists at the moment.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,566 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostOffeiriad, on 01 May 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

I have seen a few episodes of The Haunted, but I can't say it's better or worse than the other shows out there. They're just cashing in on the paranormal mania that exists at the moment.

Exactly...

It is all entertainment, nothing more, nothing less........Animal Planet is on my boycott list for the rancid crap they have been showing.....Go back to animal shows all ready.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 23 April 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

I've been watching "The Haunted" a series on Animal Planet about haunted houses, paranormal events etc. The show is geared toward animal stories but sometimes they stretch it a bit with the folks having a dog who barks at an entity. Despite the loose animal connection this show I think has the best paranormal video and EVP evidence of all the shows on ghosts on TV right now. I've seen some great video evidence in different episodes and some good EVP work, including some "ghost box" work which I'd never seen before. The show uses some recreations but for the most part relies on evidence taken by local paranormal societies that families have called in for help. Granted any paranormal evidence can be faked but compared with shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and other shows like them, this one seems to have more what I would call geniune evidence. Any one else catch the show and what do you think?

I've watched quite a few eps and they're all the same.

If the animals could talk might be interesting.

#6    Supernatural Mind

Supernatural Mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

I have to give props to Animal Planet for it's show, The Haunted. I am a huge horror film fan, and not much on the screen really scares me. That said, I just discovered this show on Netflix. I don't know if the cases are bogus or not (I'm hoping they are legit) but I've gotta tell you, this is the first show/movie in a very long time that has actually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up straight, and no work of fiction or nonfiction (since reading the Stephen King novel-not the crappy movie-Pet Sematary has made me hesitant to get up in the middle of he night to get a glass of water as much as this show has. Way to go Animal Planet and the producers of this show! Keep it coming!

#7    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Uh... more reality television... withdraws to DIY channel...

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users