Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Romanticising zombies

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,697 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

I think it is because most Zombies are assumed to not be presevered, so they begin to rot. Nothing sexy about bits and pieces falling off, and stinking up the place. If you don't eat or breath, and yet don't rot, then are you really dead? And if you're not dead, then are you a zombie?

I think pop-culture wise, a preserved zombie is actually a mummy.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#17    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

Well Demi Moore loved a ghost.

That girl in Twilight loved a vampire AND a werewolf.

Its about time zombies got some action too.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#18    rogue trooper

rogue trooper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• Belief is the enemy

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

The rot started (pardon the pun) in Land of the Dead, when the zombies became aware, intelligent etc.

Don't worry, if this new zombie teen flick gets you down, there's always Shaun of the Dead to make you smile again

#19    el midgetron

el midgetron

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

• saturnalian brother

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

The Italians were exploring this genre back in the early 1980s. Although, in a more carnal than "romantic" sense. Several films continue to explore that aspect of the living dead, there is even an all male cast adult zombie movie....

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I found this funny, until the warm bodies thing was posted..... Really?

It was a fair point though.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#21    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostFlibbertigibbet, on 23 April 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

There are loads of books and TV shows romanticizing vampires, yet in the original legends vampires were hideous animated corpses preying on the livng, just like zombies. Yet vampires have now become noble, misunderstood creatures and everyone want to be one. Why not zombies?
I suppose if you look at it really and ive also done a bit of research into vampires, the best way to describe the myths/folklore on vampires is 'a Chinese whisper' its starts off as one thing and over time it changes into something completely different.

Posted Image

#22    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Watch Fido.  There is a love story that involves a zombie.  And it is a very entertaining movie.  Billy Connelly and Carrie-Ann Moss star in it.

Posted Image

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#23    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

well, somehow through blood vamps are solid..

zombies.. are decaying.

when i think of romance, i think of sex.. do you want to go down on someone who's member may fall off in your mouth or hoochie coochie? do you want to french kiss someone and their tongue fall off... in your mouth. do you want to be spooning and suddenly feel pain in the back of your head as their hunger for brains overcomes their romantic feelings?

i mean

the euwwwwwwww factor is like.. beyond euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted Image

#24    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

View Postwillowdreams, on 25 April 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

well, somehow through blood vamps are solid..

zombies.. are decaying.

when i think of romance, i think of sex.. do you want to go down on someone who's member may fall off in your mouth or hoochie coochie? do you want to french kiss someone and their tongue fall off... in your mouth. do you want to be spooning and suddenly feel pain in the back of your head as their hunger for brains overcomes their romantic feelings?

i mean

the euwwwwwwww factor is like.. beyond euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yeah but the point is that if these Romantic teen films about werewolves and vampires where based on the original stories of them, then that would also be "euwwwwwwwww". lol Yet people still went there and glamorized it.

With Twighlight they even mixed Native American Shape shifting with the European werewolf.

Native American Shape shifting: Turns into a normal Wolf or other normal animal depending on the persons Totem.

European werewolf: A curse that turns a man into a wolf on a full moon.

She just took the bits she liked from both to Romanticize it. It's kinda disrespectful to Native Americans as well.

Edited by Coffey, 25 April 2012 - 10:09 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

World War Z is supposed to be coming out on film this year?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#26    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

zombies have always been mindless. It would be highly immoral to take advantage of a person in such a state. Not to mention necrophilia is illegal.

Having flings with werewolves is beastiality and therefore wrong. Cross species infections can be deadly.

The bad thing about romantasising with a vampire is they are said to have awful breath, they're always gone in the morning and, going out for a steak is out of the question. On the plus side getting bitten by them gives you an orgasm, so it swings in roundabouts.

#27    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Well, I'd rather suck blood than eat brains. Plus cracking a head open would be like popping open a coconut to get to the goodies inside. Much easier to pop a few fangs in and suck away. Plus Zombies certainly can't smell good.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#28    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 26 April 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

World War Z is supposed to be coming out on film this year?
It's set to come out in June 2013, with Brad Pitt in the lead role. And guess what, they changed just about everything we know from the book.  :rolleyes:

#29    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 27 April 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

It's set to come out in June 2013, with Brad Pitt in the lead role. And guess what, they changed just about everything we know from the book.  :rolleyes:

That doesnt mean that it will not be a good movie. Think about it they kinda had to change it from the book. There is no way you would be able to fit the book version of WWZ into a 2 hour movie and make it good it would have to be like a 6 hour movie. I think that if this movie is succesful that we may then get to see something like a mini series that retells the stories from the book. I think it would be great as like a 10 episode mini on like HBO or SHOWTIME.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#30    Wendigo30

Wendigo30

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Deadheads! zombie stuff yeah but its about a dead guy trying to get back to his living ex girlfriend, pretty funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users