Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

American Professors Gather in Tehran

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

American Professors Gather in Tehran for Occupy Wall Street Conference

Video at link above.

An alarming news report from Iran's Press TV, a propaganda arm of the Iranian government, showing American professors gathering in Tehran to discuss the Occupy Wall Street Movement:

The professors interviewed on Press TV include Alex Vitale of Brooklyn College, Heather Gautney of Fordham University, and John Hammond of City University of New York.

Would this not be US citizens aligning with enemies of the State to plot against the US while on the foreign soil of said enemy thus be a act of treason?

#2    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostSocio, on 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

American Professors Gather in Tehran for Occupy Wall Street Conference

Video at link above.

Would this not be US citizens aligning with enemies of the State to plot against the US while on the foreign soil of said enemy thus be a act of treason?

A plot? A plot to make the truth known is treason?

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,263 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

This just in, a group of US college professors attempting to start an occupy movement in Tehran were arrested, raped, tortured, and executed all while complaining about the strong-armed tactics of the NYPD and Oakland Police Departments.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    DemosKratos

DemosKratos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostSocio, on 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

The environment is clearly an academic setting. They are not sitting down with the government talking about how Iran could exploit the OWS movement to harm America.

Whose enemy is Iran? Not mine, not yours, as you said they are the enemy of the "state." Iraq was an enemy of the "state" too and look what that accomplished, nothing! I am glad that there is some solidarity being shown between the citizens of each of our countries. It is hard to spread hate and fear of another country when you are interacting with people who live there.

It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,993 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostHero of War, on 23 April 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

The environment is clearly an academic setting. They are not sitting down with the government talking about how Iran could exploit the OWS movement to harm America.

Whose enemy is Iran? Not mine, not yours, as you said they are the enemy of the "state." Iraq was an enemy of the "state" too and look what that accomplished, nothing! I am glad that there is some solidarity being shown between the citizens of each of our countries. It is hard to spread hate and fear of another country when you are interacting with people who live there.

i would like to see the comments if the title was vice-versa. Baturally those who feel attacked will stick to their guns. No matter what side on the fence they are on.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    DemosKratos

DemosKratos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 April 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

i would like to see the comments if the title was vice-versa. Baturally those who feel attacked will stick to their guns. No matter what side on the fence they are on.

I imagine it would be much the same as it is now.

It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

#7    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostRafterman, on 23 April 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

This just in, a group of US college professors attempting to start an occupy movement in Tehran were arrested, raped, tortured, and executed all while complaining about the strong-armed tactics of the NYPD and Oakland Police Departments.

:lol:

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,205 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

The government of Iran has been responsible for killing Americans since about 1983.  I'd say that is evidence enough of their intentions toward the US.  There will be war between us at some point because the radicals who run Iran country will not stop with the covert aggression.  Eventually they will fail to cover their tracks sufficiently or they will simply kill too egregiously and then the hammer will fall.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Does not the government of Iran have full control over all Academia in Iran thus sitting down with anyone representing any institution of learning in Iran would be sitting with a agent of the Iranian government?

Edited by Socio, 26 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#10    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostSocio, on 26 April 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Does not the government of Iran have full control over all Academia in Iran thus sitting down with anyone representing any institution of learning in Iran would be sitting with a agent of the Iranian government?

You've been brainwashed by fauxnews . The answer is no. My link

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,205 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

View Postninjadude, on 27 April 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

You've been brainwashed by fauxnews . The answer is no. My link
Yes, Dude, and Iran welcomes protesters with loving arms as well.  I here they have no problem with homosexuals either.  I'm sure the lefties feel very much at home in Tehran.  They'd probably like to use the same techniques on their opponents from the Right if they could.  It's ironic that a group like OWS would go and sit with a regime that literally would KILL them in the streets if they tried such protests in Iran... :P

#12    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postand then, on 27 April 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

Yes, Dude, and Iran welcomes protesters with loving arms as well.  I here they have no problem with homosexuals either.  I'm sure the lefties feel very much at home in Tehran.  They'd probably like to use the same techniques on their opponents from the Right if they could.  It's ironic that a group like OWS would go and sit with a regime that literally would KILL them in the streets if they tried such protests in Iran... :P

Reading comprehension? They did not sit with the regime. That's my point. It's not ironic, it's probably prescriptive planning for future protests in Iran. And yes, I know that the government of Iran doesn't welcome protestors. But then neither does the US government. Did you see the pepper spray, mass arrests, and deprivations fosted here on OWS? Homosexuals? have you noticed the right wing freak outs over gay marriage? That was Santorum's main claim to fame. Republicans would fit in well in Iran.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#13    DemosKratos

DemosKratos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

View Postand then, on 25 April 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

The government of Iran has been responsible for killing Americans since about 1983.  I'd say that is evidence enough of their intentions toward the US.  There will be war between us at some point because the radicals who run Iran country will not stop with the covert aggression.  Eventually they will fail to cover their tracks sufficiently or they will simply kill too egregiously and then the hammer will fall.

Why don't you look into when America starting ******* with Iran. Here's a nice starting point.

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,205 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

View Postninjadude, on 27 April 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Reading comprehension? They did not sit with the regime. That's my point. It's not ironic, it's probably prescriptive planning for future protests in Iran. And yes, I know that the government of Iran doesn't welcome protestors. But then neither does the US government. Did you see the pepper spray, mass arrests, and deprivations fosted here on OWS? Homosexuals? have you noticed the right wing freak outs over gay marriage? That was Santorum's main claim to fame. Republicans would fit in well in Iran.
Did you notice the video of the DEAD in the streets or take note of the hundreds imprisoned?  Do you really want to compare the deeds of a lunatic, despotic regime with the republican party?  OWS was nothing more than a cobbled together street party that couldn't even agree on a specific list of grievances.  Their main tactic was to block business and create problems for people trying to work for a living.  I agree with their right to protest but not to harm working people in the process.  How dare you compare people risking their LIVES for a little freedom with a bunch of homeless and a few students blocking traffic while being paid by people like Soros and glorified by the shills in the MSM.  I think you have finally lost that tenuous contact you had with reality Dude...loosen the mask, green avenger....

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,205 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostHero of War, on 28 April 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Why don't you look into when America starting ******* with Iran. Here's a nice starting point.

Wow, another supporter of the Mullahs...I'm shocked.  Thanks for the history lesson but friend it's the very children and grandchildren of the poor Iranians who were so grievously used that are protesting in the streets,when they can, to change the current bloody regime.  You are comparing a time when such behavior was common among world powers to today and it doesn't compare well..... so?  It's history and proving your people have good memories doesn't do much to improve their lot in life.  It wouldn't be possible for me to care less which government the people of Iran choose, that's their business.  But the IRGC likes to kill Americans and will pay a cumulative price for it one day I think, just as Iraqis did. If the mullahs get delusions of grandeur after they get spanked by tiny Israel then the USAF will leave the surviving IRGC members sleeping outdoors and not eating very well.  The mullahs are more afraid of the Iranians than they are of Israel or the US, and they SHOULD be :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users