Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Expedition to Seek Living Dinosaurs in Africa

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46    catfishyeah

catfishyeah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• All begin, and end with nothing.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yes, you'll be quite surprised to find a lot of the amazing things to be true. Like human's for example. you humans are so interesting. I love humans for the fact that you are so easily munipulated. Money, food, sex, it's all the same for everyone.

#47    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 24 April 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

$27000 wouldnt even pay for thier flights to Africa. I would be asking for a lot more than that. Add another nought onto the end and maybe it would be enough for a proper expedition

edit.....sorry, I hate typos :)

What airlines have you been flying with! I've been to Africa for significantly less than that! Though if I had that money I reckon I could make a far more worthwhile and less silly expedition.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#48    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hi Matt, it was just a figure of speach, although if it was with British Airways, it wouldn't be far off the mark, lol.
I agree with you. The money would be better off spent elsewhere, or kept in the pockets of any would-be donator  :)

#49    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

View Postcatfishyeah, on 01 May 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Yes, you'll be quite surprised to find a lot of the amazing things to be true. Like human's for example. you humans are so interesting. I love humans for the fact that you are so easily munipulated. Money, food, sex, it's all the same for everyone.

And you're not human?

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#50    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostBorisIWantToKnow, on 06 May 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

And you're not human?

well obviously.  Look at his Avatar!  Hello mister alium!  :rolleyes:

#51    Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

• Stealthy messenger of the gods,
    Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
    Guide my steps through this maze of deception
    And see this problem to its end.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

that's so cool, wish I could go. Hope they find something. Is it true there are no more uncontacted humans anymore, never to have had any contact with the outside world..

"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time." Clapton

#52    Drums

Drums

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

spiders the size of canines, hmm no thanks.  I can't believe that people would fund them, I mean the lack of knowledge in those feilds itself makes me think they will explain anything that makes a bush move as a undiscovered dinosaur.  Don't think they would ever make it back alive if they did go.  I would rather go to Ireland and drink Guiness tell I see leprechauns personally, hear they are more noticable after you drink a few :tsu:

#53    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 07 May 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

well obviously.  Look at his Avatar!  Hello mister alium!  :rolleyes:

Guess i ignored the profile picture. Sorry oh Great One, i deeply apologize :whistle:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#54    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,767 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostBorisIWantToKnow, on 07 May 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Guess i ignored the profile picture. Sorry oh Great One, i deeply apologize :whistle:
You'd think he/she/it would be able to at least spell properly and use correct grammar...

Posted Image

#55    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

You dont have to go all the way to Africa to see living dinosaurs....just come and meet the wifes mother.

#56    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

I wish him good luck. If I was him I would go after any monitor lizard I would come across. What kind of animal looks like the most old representations of  sauropods anyway ?

#57    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 07 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

You'd think he/she/it would be able to at least spell properly and use correct grammar...

He doesn't have to, he's the "One" :alien:

#58    Joe Marrero

Joe Marrero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostRafterman, on 23 April 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

So basically me and couple of buds want some cash so we can go on a cool trip - and bring a tranq rifle if they'll let us.

As a member of the expedition, a statement like this is sad.  The Congo is not a vacation destination.  We will be dealing with anti-malarial resistant mosquitoes, tsetse flies that carry African Sleeping Sickness & elephantitis, schitoasis in the rivers and swamps, and security will be uncertain.  For the few ignorant people out there that think we're going to risk our health and safety for a "cool trip" are dead-wrong.  For the few of you out there that may have visisted Africa before in maybe Botswana or Kenya, then I can confirm that the tsetse flies are going to be far worst in the Congo because they haven't been largely eradicated as they have been in other countries.

I am going because this part of the world is 80% unexplored and one of the last places on the planet that has solid mysteries that everyone can attest to have some curiousity toward.  I can't divulge everything about the location or documentary topics but I can confirm that we will be the first group filming in the swampy jungles for 3 months.  This is extraordinary undertaking and is not without it's difficulties.

We will be taking some military grade thernal scopes and night vision.  Although, I must admit that this hasn't helped other expeditions in the past. However, few expeditions have spent more than 3 months in the jungle.

As for the individual who mentioned about cannibals in the Congo--I can only confirm that they indeed exist but the western world hasn't heard much about it as details are hard to get out from the North Democratic Republic of Congo.  Hopefully, this will be an area that we explore in our documentary if we have time and resources.

The Congo has several species that are reported but remain unconfirmed by mainstream science (i.e. new primate species).  We hope to reveal some of the Congo's secrets that others have failed to do so before us.

Although we have raised funds to cover the expedition, we are still seeking funding to pursue the documentary project that we desire to produce.  You can read more about it HERE

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joemarrero/mokele-mbembe-expedition-documentary-film

Edited by Joe Marrero, 11 May 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#59    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostJoe Marrero, on 11 May 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

As a member of the expedition, a statement like this is sad.  The Congo is not a vacation destination.  We will be dealing with anti-malarial resistant mosquitoes, tsetse flies that carry African Sleeping Sickness & elephantitis, schitoasis in the rivers and swamps, and security will be uncertain.  For the few ignorant people out there that think we're going to risk our health and safety for a "cool trip" are dead-wrong.  For the few of you out there that may have visisted Africa before in maybe Botswana or Kenya, then I can confirm that the tsetse flies are going to be far worst in the Congo because they haven't been largely eradicated as they have been in other countries.

I am going because this part of the world is 80% unexplored and one of the last places on the planet that has solid mysteries that everyone can attest to have some curiousity toward.  I can't divulge everything about the location or documentary topics but I can confirm that we will be the first group filming in the swampy jungles for 3 months.  This is extraordinary undertaking and is not without it's difficulties.

We will be taking some military grade thernal scopes and night vision.  Although, I must admit that this hasn't helped other expeditions in the past. However, few expeditions have spent more than 3 months in the jungle.

As for the individual who mentioned about cannibals in the Congo--I can only confirm that they indeed exist but the western world hasn't heard much about it as details are hard to get out from the North Democratic Republic of Congo.  Hopefully, this will be an area that we explore in our documentary if we have time and resources.

The Congo has several species that are reported but remain unconfirmed by mainstream science (i.e. new primate species).  We hope to reveal some of the Congo's secrets that others have failed to do so before us.

Although we have raised funds to cover the expedition, we are still seeking funding to pursue the documentary project that we desire to produce.  You can read more about it HERE

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joemarrero/mokele-mbembe-expedition-documentary-film

Do you, or any of the others, have any experience in this type of expedition? What qualifications do you, or the others have regarding survival etc?  These are just two questions I would have to ask prior to parting with any cash towards your fund. Not that I am going to. Just asking :)

#60    catfishyeah

catfishyeah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• All begin, and end with nothing.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 07 May 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Haters be hating -.-

Nothing has changed, or ever will change. So we must change it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users