Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New To Forum, Have Been Researching UFO's

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,664 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 23 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

In the past I have seen interviews with people claiming to have been abducted, and I've looked in to their eyes and knew they were telling the truth.
And thats your definition of research? Have you used this "ability" to solve crimes?

#32    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,190 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 25 April 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Welcome to UM. I agree that all the evidential videos and photographs are nothing more than mis-identification OR a pure hoax. Now, you say you're swayed by the similarities across the globe of abductees. Let me pose a different theory.

Could it be possible that what "abductees" are experiencing is nothing more than a shared enigma of the brain? Think of it this way, up until science started to look into the Old Hag experience and discovered it was nothing more than Sleep Paralysis, millions of people shared the same experience, believing it was a Ghost or Dark entity attacking them in the night. We now know different thanks to science.

I'm thinking what Abductees share is of this same sort of enigmatic experience. It's a real event that science is yet to understand and solve but, it's a medical and/or psychological event. :yes:

Hey CP,

You mentioned Sleep paralysis, but then you said Science hasn't solved the Abduction phenomena. Well Susan Clancy of Harvard was able to show that people claiming to have been abducted were suffering from Sleep paralysis.

http://www.news.harv...2/11-alien.html

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#33    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

View Postquillius, on 26 April 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hey Psyche,

I didnt mean abductions specifically but the UFO phenomena as a whole. However with regards to abductions the one case that does stick out as very compelling for me is the Pascagoula case...this is definitely inconclusive IMO and has some very interesting parts to it. Having said that the lack of evidence will always leave this case as inconclusive..

:tu:

In that case, I think most of us are there with you in our own way :tu:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#34    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,977 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 27 April 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

In that case, I think most of us are there with you in our own way :tu:

:tu:

#35    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,012 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 23 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Hello I'm new to the forum here but I have been researching UFO's for over 10 years. All the evidence I've seen over the years leaves me with an overwhelming belief that alien beings are here and have been here, perhaps for thousands of years.

Unfortunately pictures and videos can not be taken as solid proof because of the advancement in CGI and digital editing, which now enables any person to create a fake UFO video or picture.

I find the most compelling evidence to be the stories of people who have allegedly been abducted by aliens. The similarities in the stories from people all over the world has really grabbed my attention, especially when it came to describing the aliens beings, which in most cases are astoundingly similar. Many of the same traits are found in many abduction scenarios, eg. beings that can talk telepathically, large heads, black eyes, no hair, small slit for a mouth and nose. Many abductees also describe similar messages, eg. that they may have been shown future world scenarios or disasters, warned about humans impact on the environment, examined / used for genetic experiments / cross breeding.

Of course not every abduction story can be taken as fact, I find the most compelling ones are when multiple people are involved, all with similar stories, all which have nothing to gain from coming forward.

Many credible high ranking military personell and government employees from all agencies have also come forward with their own stories, people who just want the truth to be known. Some of the stories range from UFO sightings to full blown alien encounters.

In the past I have seen interviews with people claiming to have been abducted, and I've looked in to their eyes and knew they were telling the truth. Not every story is real but if even one is true, then alien beings exist.

They are here, they are real. Believe.

Why is this always put forward as any kind of validation? If you search other areas of this forum you will be told that 'high ranking personel and government employees from a various agencies' were responsible for 9/11 & the deaths of 3000 innocent civilians, are these same people 'o.k.' with mass murder but above lying?

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 27 April 2012 - 09:54 AM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#36    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 25 April 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

No problem English, I tried a cursory search for  Gabriel Linde's illustration of his grey aliens, but no luck. I'll see if I can't dig a little deeper and try to find something. I find the correlation between science fiction and abduction cases intriguing personally. It's almost as if the 'idea' is planted and then later sprouts after some sort of ordeal, either physical, psychological or both. On top of that, things like sleep paralysis, hallucinations, repressed memories, false memory syndrome, hypnotic suggestion, etc. etc. don't help matters at all. They only serve to muddy the waters even more.

I agree with all you have said Slave :)

#37    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 27 April 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

Hey CP,

You mentioned Sleep paralysis, but then you said Science hasn't solved the Abduction phenomena. Well Susan Clancy of Harvard was able to show that people claiming to have been abducted were suffering from Sleep paralysis.

http://www.news.harv...2/11-alien.html

I've read the case study you posted. It's interesting and compelling and for this Professor study, the 50 subjects she researched shared a common experience that indeed was SP. However, researching the thousands upon thousands of other "abductee" claims leads me to believe there is another enigmatic force at work in these people's brains outside of SP.

However, I think you misunderstood the intention, as well as, the point of my post. I was simply trying to reach out to the OP in an educated manor, appealing to them using scientific reason and case history, for my interaction with them.

#38    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,753 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

I wonder if OP will ever come back. This is their only post. Would be interesting to see some follow up comments.

Posted Image

#39    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,718 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well I bet if we ask them nicely they may come back ? Afterall  its not good to not welcome a new member and interchange thoughts and Ideas . I think he or she may of been put off a bit ?
Well You can please all the people All the Time If you dont listen to there rebuttal`s!

This is a Work in Progress!

#40    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Welcome to the mothership of paranormal forums, NW! :alien: and enjoy your time here, because UM is out of this world. :innocent: You noticed the word "heaven" can also mean the universe.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users