Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New To Forum, Have Been Researching UFO's

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hello I'm new to the forum here but I have been researching UFO's for over 10 years. All the evidence I've seen over the years leaves me with an overwhelming belief that alien beings are here and have been here, perhaps for thousands of years.

Unfortunately pictures and videos can not be taken as solid proof because of the advancement in CGI and digital editing, which now enables any person to create a fake UFO video or picture.

I find the most compelling evidence to be the stories of people who have allegedly been abducted by aliens. The similarities in the stories from people all over the world has really grabbed my attention, especially when it came to describing the aliens beings, which in most cases are astoundingly similar. Many of the same traits are found in many abduction scenarios, eg. beings that can talk telepathically, large heads, black eyes, no hair, small slit for a mouth and nose. Many abductees also describe similar messages, eg. that they may have been shown future world scenarios or disasters, warned about humans impact on the environment, examined / used for genetic experiments / cross breeding.

Of course not every abduction story can be taken as fact, I find the most compelling ones are when multiple people are involved, all with similar stories, all which have nothing to gain from coming forward.

Many credible high ranking military personell and government employees from all agencies have also come forward with their own stories, people who just want the truth to be known. Some of the stories range from UFO sightings to full blown alien encounters.

In the past I have seen interviews with people claiming to have been abducted, and I've looked in to their eyes and knew they were telling the truth. Not every story is real but if even one is true, then alien beings exist.

They are here, they are real. Believe.

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,397 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Welcome to the board. I'm Princess Serenity. Have a good time here.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hi and welcome to UM.  I wish there was some solid proof that aliens have been here.  I think there's a strong possibility they have been here is the past and intervened in man's life.

#4    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi :)

edit. by the way, as you have been studying these events for 10 years, do you by chance, have a list of the amount of alleged abduction cases per country?
Thank you in advance :)

Edited by Englishgent, 24 April 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#5    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hey, welcome to UM!

The similarities are indeed compelling but I think we can still explain occurances through similar psychological problems etc.

Also with regards to officials/pilots or high ranking individuals this could just be explained by secret military projects or otherwise.

Obviously this is a very simplified and general response but I don't think there's enough evidence to say without a doubt that 'they are here, they are real'.

Tim.

Posted Image

#6    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

It is hard to believe that ten years of serious research would culminate in this conclusion.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,380 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 23 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Hello I'm new to the forum here but I have been researching UFO's for over 10 years. All the evidence I've seen over the years leaves me with an overwhelming belief that alien beings are here and have been here, perhaps for thousands of years.

Unfortunately pictures and videos can not be taken as solid proof because of the advancement in CGI and digital editing, which now enables any person to create a fake UFO video or picture.

I find the most compelling evidence to be the stories of people who have allegedly been abducted by aliens. The similarities in the stories from people all over the world has really grabbed my attention, especially when it came to describing the aliens beings, which in most cases are astoundingly similar. Many of the same traits are found in many abduction scenarios, eg. beings that can talk telepathically, large heads, black eyes, no hair, small slit for a mouth and nose. Many abductees also describe similar messages, eg. that they may have been shown future world scenarios or disasters, warned about humans impact on the environment, examined / used for genetic experiments / cross breeding.

Of course not every abduction story can be taken as fact, I find the most compelling ones are when multiple people are involved, all with similar stories, all which have nothing to gain from coming forward.

Many credible high ranking military personell and government employees from all agencies have also come forward with their own stories, people who just want the truth to be known. Some of the stories range from UFO sightings to full blown alien encounters.

In the past I have seen interviews with people claiming to have been abducted, and I've looked in to their eyes and knew they were telling the truth. Not every story is real but if even one is true, then alien beings exist.

Hi NocturnalWatcher,

Welcome to UM. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

That said, I have to agree with Psyche in the sense that I have a hard time understanding how you come to the conclusion that you do. I have been doing research for more than 25 years and have been discussing this subject extensively here at UM for the last 6 years and I have reached the complete opposite conclusion.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 24 April 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Hi NocturnalWatcher,

Welcome to UM. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

That said, I have to agree with Psyche in the sense that I have a hard time understanding how you come to the conclusion that you do. I have been doing research for more than 25 years and have been discussing this subject extensively here at UM for the last 6 years and I have reached the complete opposite conclusion.

Cheers,
Badeskov

View Postpsyche101, on 24 April 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

It is hard to believe that ten years of serious research would culminate in this conclusion.

It all depends on what kind of person you are, your beliefs and even how your life has shaped you. Which is why the more people who research the better.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Have you had any sightings of your own? What put you on the path of research?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#10    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

i believe you :D

#11    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Welcome to the forum.  I'd like to say all my friends here would surely wish you well too, but I don't really have any; well maybe just a couple!  :devil:

See you soon.

Edited by zoser, 24 April 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image

#12    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Life imitates Speilberg.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#13    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,380 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostCoffey, on 24 April 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

It all depends on what kind of person you are, your beliefs and even how your life has shaped you. Which is why the more people who research the better.

I would respectfully disagree. When following the available  evidence I am hard pressed to see how you can reach any other conclusion, to be honest. I respect that people can hold other beliefs based on what they have experienced, but how that can translate into a different translation of the available evidence I am hard pressed to see.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#14    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 24 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I would respectfully disagree. When following the available  evidence I am hard pressed to see how you can reach any other conclusion, to be honest. I respect that people can hold other beliefs based on what they have experienced, but how that can translate into a different translation of the available evidence I am hard pressed to see.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Well I'll explain further what I was trying to say. But of course you ahve the right to disagree and I respect your opinion.

If you dismiss certain evidence due to something you have witnessed yourself or experienced in life. (Doesn't have to have anything to do with UFO's) Then someone might not dismiss that same thing due to their experiences.

I'm not just talking about UFO's. Just general things. People come from different backgrounds and completely different lives.

Not believing in a God of some sort will probably produce a different opinion to someone who does. Same can be said for smaller things that can change a persons view. Like trust, luck/unluckiness, values, ethics, morals.

I know you mostly use scientific knowledge and theory to come to your conclusions. Which is fair enough and completely acceptable. But it could be wrong sometimes (not saying it is) Something missed or 1 error here and everything you know could change in a second. Don't want to get into conspiracy theories but I will just make the point that everything we are taught could be wrong or some of it. You can't just deny that possibility no matter how far fetched it is.

The fact you disagree with me sort of adds to my point that I was making.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#15    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,674 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 24 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

Good question that. The only answer I could come up with is that they place that personal experience onto other sightings and use that as the benchmark for trying to decide to validity of a case. I don't agree with that stance myself, it's deeply flawed imo. I mean sure you can believe aliens have visited because you've seen them yourself, but that doesn't equate to anyone else's sighting really. Ironically most of the sightings used by people as proof happened to people who haven't made such claims, merely reported their sighting as best as they think they can....that in itself should put the breaks on any outsider to the experience attempting to draw a definitive conclusion to that sighting.

Also - welcome to the board Nocturnalwatcher!!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users