Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

PGF Breakdown

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 25 April 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

With this subject there are always going to be pro vs con debates until there is actual physical proof BF exists.

Physical proof that Biff exists? You will forgive me if I do not hold my breath. How many years do you feel the globe should "hold out" before succumbing to reason? PGF was 45 years ago yet despite the best efforts of anthropologists and all makes and manner of "researches" not a single item has even confirmed an aspect of this film.  I also feel this film and the phenomena are only loosely connected at best.

Pro's - Never been debunked, no PGF costume ever been replicated, although i have read that Patterson got the costume made, how could a cowboy afford such a thing?

Been debunked plenty of times by professional Anthropologists, there is just resistance to the overall consensus due to fringe members like Jeff Meldrum. People like Meldrum are the great white hope of the footers.
The suit was $435.00. It has been replicated and in my opinion to a point that is more than convincing. People think Patterson  could not have paid for (not that payments meant much to Patterson) or altered the suit due to the earlier comment made by Krantz, who was not aware at the time that Roger Patterson was a qualified leatherworker who kept a full compliment of tools in his shed for hobby purposes. Krantz turned out to be very wrong on this point, but his incorrect claim sticks to this day. Evidences known to date imply strongly that Patterson bought the suit from Phillip Morris and then altered it.

Con's - No bodies, no bones, no hard evidence.

45 years of fruitless searching, no impact on environment, the suit is ridiculed by professional anthropologists who claim it appears to be half man half ape when it should be one or the other, no fossil record nothing at all. Just tales.

I watched a documentary just before called Ancient Aliens And Bigfoot, and i couldn't honestly believe what these, alledged, professionals were trying to say.

Bigfoot is an Alien?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  :wacko:

Wow!!!!!!  :alien:

Not this guy I hope?

Posted Image

I expect this is just the next phase. Once earth is completely investigated, what then? Biff must come for  the stars! Not the first time I have heard the musing, heard it quite a few times over the years. It was only a matter of time before alien crakpots joined up with bigfoot crackpots. Common enemy you see - logic.

All I want is for an amazing piece of PROOF either Fact Or Fiction, then i'll be satisfied. But i highly doubt that any such evidence will ever be presented. Not in my lifetime anyway.
I think there is every chance that an unknown species of ape/human/alien..... (Nah Scrap the last one), could be living in a secluded part of the forest's that are yet to be discovered...

I wish i lived in America or Canada so i could go "Squatchin". (I HATE that word)

If there is an elusive hominid sneaking around the undergrowth, why do you feel it will not be confirmed in your lifetime? I really do not think that forests are quite as secluded as some make out. Not enough to hide an entire species with impressive dimensions.

May I ask what part of the world you are in? We might be able to find a hairy man tale for you to chase if you like ;) Heck I think that is the best way to learn, go look at the "evidences" yourself!

Edited by psyche101, 26 April 2012 - 03:33 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, I've seen this guy on "Ancient Aliens", not sure what he's into but he certainly needs to see a hair stylist.

The one thing I've often wonder.....ok, actually several things I've wondered about in regard to the PGF thing. 1). A number of expert filmographers have gone over the film, enhancing it, measuring it and I've see height estimates based on the film that go from 5'-10" to 6'-8". 2). First it was a male Bigfoot, then it was a female, then an adolescent Bigfoot of undetermined sex. 3). Supposedly, the guy who was in the suit came forward and claimed he kept quiet about it for all these year and that he was supposed to get paid $1000.00 for doing the film. He claimed he never got paid.......so why would he have stayed quiet when he didn't get paid? Now almost forty years later come out? 4). Where's the costume? Even if it was a rental, then someone will recognize it or should have and even if it was a home made job it's one of those things that people will find at some point. This really only touches the surface of my questions about the film proper, but these are some of the main ones.

I have to admit, based on the film itself I simply have to go with a fake, but when you start looking into some of the "facts" surrounding the film the only solid fact is that the "Facts" don't seem to add up and create more questions. However, one thing stands out to me. This is the only film that really shows what appears to be an actual creature. You ever notice that everything else is dark or too far away or hidden by trees and foliage or simply just brief, less than a second or two on camera?

There was a fellow who has a picture of what is supposed to be a mother Bigfoot carrying a baby Biggy and as he put it, "......I had a Bigfoot expert verify that this is a mother Bigfoot carrying a baby....." Bigfoot expert? Where does one find such a person? I'm not sure but I think I'm qualified to call myself an expert because I've looked into the subject for over twenty years now.......never actually seen one you understand, but let's not get hung up on semantics, eh?

:unsure2:

#48    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Well, I just happen to be a bigfoot expert extroidinaire and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that bigfoot does not exist.

Mike

#49    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,267 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostSakari, on 25 April 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Why would BFRO?....Have you watched not Finding Bigfoot? :)
Well if you have the real deal, forget the BFRO. Call National Geographic!!! . But if you know for a fact your trail cam pics are someone in a costume, then don't expect a response from anyone. Yeah, I've watched the program, but it's been a while.

Posted Image

#50    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

All I know is the PGF and "The Legend of Boggy Creek" turned me on to the creature as a kid and resparked my interest later as an adult.

My opinion as an adult is that Patty's "attitude" while walking is just very human. It is not animal like, sensing the air or whats going on around her. Just full speed a head like  humans do.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#51    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

I saw those things as well and for a while I wondered about them, but then after year spent in nature and in some areas that are considered to be hot spots and seeing no sign of such a creature. I pretty much chalked it up to wishful thinking, misidentification, yadda, yadda...

It wasn't until I was told of two encounters by two guys I knew personally that I became open to the idea, although that openness seems to be challenged more and more because of the BS that's tossed around on the web now. Then there's the TV show that seems to have thrown more fat on the fire. Whenever I go out now I'll look around for any sort of odd sign or maybe footprints but I do that as a matter of course anyway just to get a sense of what sort of animals live in area.

The whole thing with the PGF I stated above, depends on whom you ask and who's doing the analysis I recall the guys from "Finding Bigfoot" talk about it in awed reverence like it was the fricking Holy Grail or something.

#52    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 26 April 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I've seen this guy on "Ancient Aliens", not sure what he's into but he certainly needs to see a hair stylist.

Good to see you are a bit calmer in this part of the board.

I do not know if that hair is to attract aliens, or if it is supposed to be some sort of antenna to contact aliens. Either way, that hair is it's own enigma.

The one thing I've often wonder.....ok, actually several things I've wondered about in regard to the PGF thing. 1). A number of expert filmographers have gone over the film, enhancing it, measuring it and I've see height estimates based on the film that go from 5'-10" to 6'-8".
2). First it was a male Bigfoot, then it was a female, then an adolescent Bigfoot of undetermined sex.

Indeed, this disparity shows that the film is not as clear as the muscle people try to make out.

3). Supposedly, the guy who was in the suit came forward and claimed he kept quiet about it for all these year and that he was supposed to get paid $1000.00 for doing the film. He claimed he never got paid.......so why would he have stayed quiet when he didn't get paid? Now almost forty years later come out?

Bob was a good friend of Roger, and his wife. Roger left the film to keep supporting his wife as he was dying of cancer at the time. Bob had many reasons not to come forward but mainly I suspect it was mostly due to moral fiber and compassion.

4). Where's the costume? Even if it was a rental, then someone will recognize it or should have and even if it was a home made job it's one of those things that people will find at some point. This really only touches the surface of my questions about the film proper, but these are some of the main ones.

As I said, Roger was dying and left the film as his legacy to support his wife. If I was in that situation, I would burn it so that my wife would never have to face the suit without me.

I have to admit, based on the film itself I simply have to go with a fake, but when you start looking into some of the "facts" surrounding the film the only solid fact is that the "Facts" don't seem to add up and create more questions. However, one thing stands out to me. This is the only film that really shows what appears to be an actual creature. You ever notice that everything else is dark or too far away or hidden by trees and foliage or simply just brief, less than a second or two on camera?

There was a fellow who has a picture of what is supposed to be a mother Bigfoot carrying a baby Biggy and as he put it, "......I had a Bigfoot expert verify that this is a mother Bigfoot carrying a baby....." Bigfoot expert? Where does one find such a person? I'm not sure but I think I'm qualified to call myself an expert because I've looked into the subject for over twenty years now.......never actually seen one you understand, but let's not get hung up on semantics, eh?

:unsure2:

This is the most convincing picture I have seen:

Posted Image

Personally I think it is a pretty decent match, one is Bob Heironimus in Philip Morris new suit that he made in 2002.

Edited by psyche101, 27 April 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#53    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Good to see you are a bit calmer in this part of the board.

Me calm? I'm always calm, I have little tolerance for asinine behavior. And I have no problems dealing with others on any level they wish to take the conversation. I'm glad to see you're comprehending better over here.

:devil:

#54    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 27 April 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Me calm? I'm always calm, I have little tolerance for asinine behavior. And I have no problems dealing with others on any level they wish to take the conversation. I'm glad to see you're comprehending better over here.

:devil:

:no:

Ahh Ken, have you not picked up on the common denominator?

That is all you had to say about my reply?

#55    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Ahh Ken, have you not picked up on the common denominator?

That is all you had to say about my reply?

I'm not sure what it is that you're asking me to comment on?

#56    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 30 April 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I'm not sure what it is that you're asking me to comment on?

I had hoped to have cleared up some points for you, do you find them plausible explanations? Most people comment on the suit, I think it is a pretty decent match myself, but some want to see it walk before they will accept it. I do not think that much is necessary considering what we do have is a pretty decent recreation. How do you find the match?

#57    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

:hmm:

It's a guy in a Bigfoot suit.

I'd guess most people have been fooled by one of them or a guy in a ghillie suit.

#58    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 02 May 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

:hmm:

It's a guy in a Bigfoot suit.

I'd guess most people have been fooled by one of them or a guy in a ghillie suit.

Fair enough! :lol: :tu:

#59    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,924 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postgrendals_bane, on 24 April 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Below is a screenshot of the frame used in the OP video, prior to the contrast being altered.

Posted Image

If you notice the sole of the foot is amazingly white and yet where the toes should be it is as black as the fur, in a similar way to the image below. (Which is a cropped photo of a baby in a gorilla suit)

Posted Image

I know that the soles of the human foot are usually paler than the rest of the body, but then so are the toes. I would find it a little strange if Bigfoot an alleged Primate/Hominid would have a white sole and black toes while those of other Primates/Hominids are fairly uniform in colour.

Just one of the many reasons I don't hold the Patterson footage in such high regards.
That is a good arguement, but look how dark the rest of the suit is also. And the suit supposedly is not really that dark. The dark toes could just be enhanced shadows.

I watched a documentary just before called Ancient Aliens And Bigfoot, and i couldn't honestly believe what these, alledged, professionals were trying to say.

Bigfoot is an Alien?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  Posted Image

Wow!!!!!!  :alien:
It is not really a new idea. I read this idea when I was like 10 from a cartoony book my dad bought back in the early 70s.

I wish i lived in America or Canada so i could go "Squatchin". (I HATE that word)
I hate that word too. It is just a catchphrase hillbilly term.

View PostStardrive, on 25 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yeah, you're trailcam pic(s) are a head scratcher. Why go through all the trouble and expense of making a somewhat convincing costume, just to win a crappy looking costume that pales in comparison? To have a laugh? sell the design? If so, forget about the laughs and sell the design!!!!. By all means repeat the trailcam photo's you have so the costume manufacturers can get an idea of what you have to offer.
Maybe Sakari should make a video of a "Fake" bigfoot running around being stupid, like a Butchykid video, and then the "Good Suit" bigfoot takes out the Fake in Gable Film style?

View PostSakari, on 25 April 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I will do my best....Will be August some time.......Undisclosed location :)
Damn! I'm down to Port Orford and Gold Beach in July. Need a 2nd to run around in a suit?

I can probably rig up some 6 inch long "12 inch rulers".

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#60    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,267 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 May 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Maybe Sakari should make a video of a "Fake" bigfoot running around being stupid, like a Butchykid video, and then the "Good Suit" bigfoot takes out the Fake in Gable Film style?
Nice vid concept. At least it has a plot  :lol:

Damn! I'm down to Port Orford and Gold Beach in July. Need a 2nd to run around in a suit?
Idk, sounds risky. Might get accidently shot.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users