Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PGF Breakdown

danbell06

Ok, your video isn't showing up.

....at least I can't see it.

Edited by keninsc

I just found this video and i believe this to be quite compelling.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KE1pU2tIGc

It is still a man in a suit......

You can take any video clip and lasso and contrast it to make anything appear......

When you have to start enhancing, and mutilating video / audio evidence to attempt to " prove " it is the real deal, it is really time to throw in the towel.

It is still a man in a suit......

You can take any video clip and lasso and contrast it to make anything appear......

When you have to start enhancing, and mutilating video / audio evidence to attempt to " prove " it is the real deal, it is really time to throw in the towel.

As M.K Davis says, "Nah this isn't a suit thats worn. It's a birthday suit!".

But i suppose we'll never truly know if this was a birthday suit or a costume. I personally believe it to be one of, if not the only, piece of footage showing an actual Bigfoot. :yes:

As M.K Davis says, "Nah this isn't a suit thats worn. It's a birthday suit!".

But i suppose we'll never truly know if this was a birthday suit or a costume. I personally believe it to be one of, if not the only, piece of footage showing an actual Bigfoot. :yes:

I have debated, and read hours upon hours of threads on the Patterson film........I urge you to search those threads and really read them with a open mind.Check the links and material suggested also.

No offense, but this did not change my mind, and I am not debating it anymore unless something valid and substantial ever comes up...........

Hint....Nothing will.

I have debated, and read hours upon hours of threads on the Patterson film........I urge you to search those threads and really read them with a open mind.Check the links and material suggested also.

No offense, but this did not change my mind, and I am not debating it anymore unless something valid and substantial ever comes up...........

Hint....Nothing will.

None taken :cry:

It's your opinion.

I believed in bigfoot long before seeing this video (the M.K Davis breakdown) and it has done nothing but strengthen my view.

However, I'm not going to try and force my views onto you just because i think its a good breakdown, because you dont believe any substantial evidence will ever be attained. So, in reality i'm flogging a dead horse. <_<

Hint....Nothing will.

Sakari, I've got something new AND substantial with the Patterson film bro, this WILL blow you're mind! Listen to the IMMEDIATE sentence the narrator says. He says their test PROVES the mobility and walk is "Outside the realm of human possibility."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHCloEniLw

BOOM! I JUST SINGLE HANDEDLY BLEW THIS CASE WIDE OPEN! IT'S REAL!!! lol oh wait, nevermind it was just a person in an ape suit. I've read a bunch on this as well and have viewed the previous threads on here. I completely agree with you Sakari but, just wanted to throw some humor your way and whoever may read this :yes::rofl:

None taken :cry:

It's your opinion.

I believed in bigfoot long before seeing this video (the M.K Davis breakdown) and it has done nothing but strengthen my view.

However, I'm not going to try and force my views onto you just because i think its a good breakdown, because you dont believe any substantial evidence will ever be attained. So, in reality i'm flogging a dead horse. <_<

Interesting, I have to admit that I've seen so many things done to this particular film over the years, and yet this is actually new to me. Superficially I can see where it might well make you until, you stop and consider something else within his own video. He compares a very hairy man with his contrasted imagery and that's all well and good however, the patterns are due to wear, sitting, standing, walking. Ok, so in order for the hair to be worn down on the back then you need to consider that the alleged would be sitting in much the same things as the man.......a chair with a back on it. Now why do I say that? Simple. The hair is wore back on the sides of the spine and not on the spine itself which is what you'd have if the Biggy was sitting say, against a round tree trunk or stump. The pattern would be different, not the same. While I don't have anything positive to point to and say, "See, that's a guy in a suit." The evidence presented would tend to support a guy in a suit who was sitting in a chair while wearing it. Unless someone has evidence that Bigfoots have furniture, I'd have to say the evidence actually would support a guy in a suit and a used one at that.

This would be an excellent example of a man's belief being the driving force behind his definitions of what he's seeing, rather than what he's seeing speaking for itself.

Sakari, I've got something new AND substantial with the Patterson film bro, this WILL blow you're mind! Listen to the IMMEDIATE sentence the narrator says. He says their test PROVES the mobility and walk is "Outside the realm of human possibility."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHCloEniLw

BOOM! I JUST SINGLE HANDEDLY BLEW THIS CASE WIDE OPEN! IT'S REAL!!! lol oh wait, nevermind it was just a person in an ape suit. I've read a bunch on this as well and have viewed the previous threads on here. I completely agree with you Sakari but, just wanted to throw some humor your way and whoever may read this :yes::rofl:

Later, another Animal Planet show claimed, using another human model and different scientists, that the gate was indeed humanly possible. That's how the PGF goes...and goes...and goes :)

Edited by QuiteContrary

Below is a screenshot of the frame used in the OP video, prior to the contrast being altered.

Screenshotat2012-04-24205147.png

If you notice the sole of the foot is amazingly white and yet where the toes should be it is as black as the fur, in a similar way to the image below. (Which is a cropped photo of a baby in a gorilla suit)

images-1.jpg

I know that the soles of the human foot are usually paler than the rest of the body, but then so are the toes. I would find it a little strange if Bigfoot an alleged Primate/Hominid would have a white sole and black toes while those of other Primates/Hominids are fairly uniform in colour.

Just one of the many reasons I don't hold the Patterson footage in such high regards.

When it comes to Bigfoot - people see what they want to see. This is more of the same. Let's not forget that M.K. Davis was the key figure in one of Bigfootery's most ridiculous claims in recent years - the infamous BIGFOOT MASSACRE AT BLUFF CREEK episode:

Bigfoot Massacre Theorist, John Green & Coverup - It appears, despite the apologies and retirement statements of one-time admired Bigfooter M. K. Davis, he is back at it again.

He is seeing things in the various Bluff Creek area films (the Patterson-Gimlin footage and footage that John Green and Rene Dahinden used in their speaking engagements about the event) that few others see. It looks like this may have to be a topic here for a few days to fully reveal the new fantasies now occurring.

Did you know that the killing field scenario now involves Sasquatch skin, a bloody leg, and baying dogs, to name a few other incredible items that Davis has pointed out? And John Green now has been pulled into this mess and is being accused of a cover-up of the killing of Bigfoot.

Bigfoot Massacre Mess Ends Decade - All of this earlier this year called for a formal rebuttal from John Green, as frequent readers of Cryptomundo know. Green was placed in the uncomfortable position of defending against rumors that he was involved, in some fashion, with hiding murders, despite the fact he was at Bluff Creek in the summer, not the fall (in 1967). And despite the fact that Davis, Paulides, and others are unexplainably seeing red blood and people there that werent there.

It is more interesting to follow the trail of the Bigfooters who supports the claims of Davis (like David Paulides who is a player/promoter in the latest ongoing Bigfoot DNA claims) and who opposes those claims (like the BFROs Matt Moneymaker from Finding Bigfoot). There are some big political power-plays going on within the world of Bigfoot Research lately. Definite sides are taking shape - all jostling for a bigger slice of the pie. Who will win? Certainly not science.

Yet Bigfoot will endure within people's hearts and minds because it remains a great story...

Edited by Night Walker

Later, another Animal Planet show claimed, using another human model and different scientists, that the gate was indeed humanly possible. That's how the PGF goes...and goes...and goes :)

Awe c'mon! You mean I didn't find the one key piece of evidence?! SHOOT! j/k Yea, as I've said elsewhere, the shows on TV are as credible as claims from Youtube :o)

When it comes to Bigfoot - people see what they want to see. This is more of the same. Let's not forget that M.K. Davis was the key figure in one of Bigfootery's most ridiculous claims in recent years - the infamous BIGFOOT MASSACRE AT BLUFF CREEK episode:

Bigfoot Massacre Theorist, John Green & Coverup - It appears, despite the apologies and retirement statements of one-time admired Bigfooter M. K. Davis, he is back at it again.

He is “seeing” things in the various Bluff Creek area films (the Patterson-Gimlin footage and footage that John Green and Rene Dahinden used in their speaking engagements about the event) that few others see. It looks like this may have to be a topic here for a few days to fully reveal the new fantasies now occurring.

Did you know that the “killing field” scenario now involves “Sasquatch skin,” “a bloody leg,” and “baying dogs,” to name a few other incredible items that Davis has pointed out? And John Green now has been pulled into this mess and is being accused of a cover-up of the killing of Bigfoot.

Bigfoot Massacre Mess Ends Decade - All of this earlier this year called for a formal rebuttal from John Green, as frequent readers of Cryptomundo know. Green was placed in the uncomfortable position of defending against rumors that he was involved, in some fashion, with hiding “murders,” despite the fact he was at Bluff Creek in the summer, not the fall (in 1967). And despite the fact that Davis, Paulides, and others are unexplainably seeing red blood and people there that weren’t there.

It is more interesting to follow the trail of the Bigfooters – who supports the claims of Davis (like David Paulides who is a player/promoter in the latest ongoing Bigfoot DNA claims) and who opposes those claims (like the BFRO’s Matt Moneymaker from Finding Bigfoot). There are some big political power-plays going on within the world of Bigfoot Research lately. Definite sides are taking shape - all jostling for a bigger slice of the pie. Who will win? Certainly not science.

Yet Bigfoot will endure within people's hearts and minds because it remains a great story...

This is one aspect of bigfootery that fascinates me. I would love to see how much pie/income the combined bigfoot industry generates annually. Including movies, books TV shows, tourism, bigfoot field expeditions, lecturing, conventions, videos, t shirts, etc.

With all the money to be made its no wonder that the story of bigfoot will not die.

Edited by evancj

That's a question I'd like to an answer to as well. I've done some goggling on it but the term "Bigfoot" is used so often it's hard to get any sort of hard line on monies it generates. Then too, a guy selling tee shirts at a Bigfoot "Convention" is probably not reporting his cash sales......but he most likely never misses a convention.

However, I have noticed there seem to be no end of "documentaries", TV specials and tie ins to various shows on the subject so it must be doing ok or they wouldn't be making more.

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong. Maybe I should become the all knowing expert on TV, and just rake in the dollars.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking Bigfoot is all about the money. The number of people who actually profit from Bigfoot is very small (perhaps we should compile a list). I suggest that most people actively interested in Bigfoot have lost money. Equipment and time spent chasing Bigfoot can get very expensive – on both financial and personal levels. The guy selling t-shirts at conventions is most likely looking to recoup some of these costs and to help subsidise future expenses. How hard is it for him if his partner does not share his conviction?

So:

If it is not all about money what exactly is Bigfoot about then?

What are the motivations besides and/or beyond profit?

With this subject there are always going to be pro vs con debates until there is actual physical proof BF exists.

Pro's - Never been debunked, no PGF costume ever been replicated, although i have read that Patterson got the costume made, how could a cowboy afford such a thing?

Con's - No bodies, no bones, no hard evidence.

I watched a documentary just before called Ancient Aliens And Bigfoot, and i couldn't honestly believe what these, alledged, professionals were trying to say.

Bigfoot is an Alien?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :wacko:

Wow!!!!!! :alien:

All I want is for an amazing piece of PROOF either Fact Or Fiction, then i'll be satisfied. But i highly doubt that any such evidence will ever be presented. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I think there is every chance that an unknown species of ape/human/alien..... (Nah Scrap the last one), could be living in a secluded part of the forest's that are yet to be discovered...

I wish i lived in America or Canada so i could go "Squatchin". (I HATE that word)

This is one aspect of bigfootery that fascinates me. I would love to see how much pie/income the combined bigfoot industry generates annually. Including movies, books TV shows, tourism, bigfoot field expeditions, lecturing, conventions, videos, t shirts, etc.

With all the money to be made its no wonder that the story of bigfoot will not die.

Hey Evancj,

I am off to graveyard shift soon or I would look further tonight.....

Matt Moneymakers little operation has I believe a Attorney donating $100,000 a year.Now add in the TV contract, shirt sales, other donations, I am sure it is quite a bit.

A while back I saw figures for BFRO, and those kind of records should be public access.

Wish I had more time......

And NW has a good point, I doubt that many make money off of this......I also wonder if donating to these groups is a actual tax right off.

Edited by Sakari

With this subject there are always going to be pro vs con debates until there is actual physical proof BF exists.

Pro's - Never been debunked, no PGF costume ever been replicated, although i have read that Patterson got the costume made, how could a cowboy afford such a thing?

I watched a documentary just before called Ancient Aliens And Bigfoot, and i couldn't honestly believe what these, alledged, professionals were trying to say.

All I want is for an amazing piece of PROOF either Fact Or Fiction, then i'll be satisfied. But i highly doubt that any such evidence will ever be presented. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I think there is every chance that an unknown species of ape/human/alien..... (Nah Scrap the last one), could be living in a secluded part of the forest's that are yet to be discovered...

I wish i lived in America or Canada so i could go "Squatchin". (I HATE that word)

That is a matter of opinion.......How much have you studied this?.....Hints : The year Planet of the Apes was filmed.....Next, was anyone that Patterson or Grim new, involved in those costumes?......Maybe even Patterson himself?.......

As said, I have gone over this for years, it is just a viscious, repeating cycle.......Although I am willing to help you find this information to help you out.

NW, help a brother out with the link to the suit please :)

I know it is on this site countless times....Too many bigfoot threads to search.

Edited by Sakari

The Bigfoot myth will never go away, because it will always be impossible to prove that Bigfoots don't exist. That will always leave the door open just enough for the gullible, the dreamers, the hopeful, the delusional, the opportunists, and/or the hoaxers to argue that Mr. Hairy Guy is real and merely hiding.

For me, I simply cannot believe that Bigfoot is a real creature that survives on a tiny breeding population, makes no impact on its environment that is empirically able to be studied, leaves no remains, and is effectively invisible to any means of gathering data of its existence. As soon as some piece of Bigfoot evidence breaks this trend, then I will adjust my viewpoint.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking Bigfoot is all about the money. The number of people who actually profit from Bigfoot is very small (perhaps we should compile a list). I suggest that most people actively interested in Bigfoot have lost money. Equipment and time spent chasing Bigfoot can get very expensive – on both financial and personal levels. The guy selling t-shirts at conventions is most likely looking to recoup some of these costs and to help subsidise future expenses. How hard is it for him if his partner does not share his conviction?

So:

If it is not all about money what exactly is Bigfoot about then?

What are the motivations besides and/or beyond profit?

Fame, adoration of the masses is often more intoxicating than money to many......and if they can make a few bucks while they're being adored by a select field of groupies then all the better. Why do guys get into rock bands that never have a top ten hit and stay with them for many years? Granted the guy selling tee shirts is probably more into the monetary side of it, not too many tee shirt groupies I've ever heard of, but who knows?

Ok, spent some time trying to track down the better threads for you.......I know, a lot of reading, but trust me, there is some good stuff there......Kind of filtered in through the bad also.

http://www.unexplain...pic=178746&st=0

Ok, maybe they were merged into that one.....Out of time to search.

I live on the Pacific Northwest ( Bigfoot hot spots ).....trust me, if you lived here you would see the myth is much larger on TV and the Internet then it is in " real life ", in the reported places........I make a very high bet if 2 polls were taken, one in the Pacific Northwest, and one in New York city asking if you believe Bigfoot exists, the higher percentage of " yes " would be New York, by far....

Edited by Sakari

Mate, you Brits have got your own active Bigfoot Researcher individuals and groups in your own country (Google "British Bigfoot"). Why not join them? They have the same chance of proving Bigfoot as anyone else. Or are they not really on the trail of Bigfoot like those in America and Canada? And while we're on it: Are those North American "squatchers" really on the trail of an unknown species of ape/human? If so, which ones? Why is there so much fantasy and fakery particularly from those who claim to be "researching Bigfoot"?

People have engaged in such folkloric storytelling for generations. It's what people do. Bigfoot is about the experience of Bigfoot. Anyone can join in - all you need to do is believe/make-believe...

The Bigfoot myth will never go away, because it will always be impossible to prove that Bigfoots don't exist. That will always leave the door open just enough for the gullible, the dreamers, the hopeful, the delusional, the opportunists, and/or the hoaxers to argue that Mr. Hairy Guy is real and merely hiding.

For me, I simply cannot believe that Bigfoot is a real creature that survives on a tiny breeding population, makes no impact on its environment that is empirically able to be studied, leaves no remains, and is effectively invisible to any means of gathering data of its existence. As soon as some piece of Bigfoot evidence breaks this trend, then I will adjust my viewpoint.

Exactly, you can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that something doesn't exist, so as you say, the door is always going to be open. Isn't is odd that we have all these foot prints, pictures, vocal recordings, TV shows, and countless hunters......not including actual Bigfoot seekers out and about in the woods and in all that time no one has found a skeleton, a body, shot one or managed to get positive proof via some genetic sample that can be verified by science?

I do consider myself to be open on the subject but that is due to the experience of two friends, however in all my wanderings all over the US I've yet to experience a Bigfoot.

I am in total agreement with you on that.

I live on the Pacific Northwest ( Bigfoot hot spots ).....trust me, if you lived here you would see the myth is much larger on TV and the Internet then it is in " real life ", in the reported places........I make a very high bet if 2 polls were taken, one in the Pacific Northwest, and one in New York city asking if you believe Bigfoot exists, the higher percentage of " yes " would be New York, by far....

I agree (I live in the mid Willamette Valley :tu: ). Very few people I have talked to believe in Bigfoot. Most people laugh at the idea and say something unflattering about silly tourists. :lol: