Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Girl falls through pavement (video)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,617 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

www.smh.com.au said:

A teenage girl in north China was walking on a pavement while talking on her mobile phone, when she fell - suddenly, and without warning - into a sinkhole six metres deep.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,498 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Glad she's ok. :)

Now she also has bonus of having a genuine "unforgettable" experience to tell everyone about. (and 15mins of fame)

#3    S I N

S I N

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• Lets have some fun

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Ever get that sinking feeling?   :innocent:

I'm the conjurer of demons, I'm the father of your death. I bring forth the ancient evil, I control his every breath. I instigate your misfortune with the birth of killing trolls. I awaken armageddon, feeding on a thousand souls.... Have a nice day

#4    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I think I have a phobia of something like that happening to me. It all started after I saw a news article about a hole house with family in it that disappeared down a 300foot sink hole. What a horrible way to die. Glad this girl was ok though!

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,970 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

They eat houses and cars ever so often in Florida.  It has to do with the water table being reduced I think...  From the video it looked as though she should have had quite a scrape on her face. Oooooch!

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Postbulveye, on 25 April 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I think I have a phobia of something like that happening to me. It all started after I saw a news article about a hole house with family in it that disappeared down a 300foot sink hole. What a horrible way to die. Glad this girl was ok though!

Weird, I have that same phobia...

When I visited La Paz, Bolivia, 20 years ago, you could sometimes see a running stream deep down though a crack in the pavement. People had fallen through, and were never found again.

That's the things nightmares are made of, jesus.

#7    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I laughed when I saw the video on the news.

#8    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,385 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Dang, I guess that's one way to drop out of sight.

#9    Annabis

Annabis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Sometimes you don't really notice life until you're sinking in it.

#10    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I use to live in Mexico City, and the pavements were not the best. You always needed to look down, else you would disappear down a hole. Even though I have been back in England for 6 years, I still always look down. It's a hard habit to break.

#11    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 25 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

I laughed when I saw the video on the news.
Well  normally people with no sense would laugh at others getting hurt...Little amuses the innocent

View PostEldorado, on 24 April 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Glad she's ok. :)

Now she also has bonus of having a genuine "unforgettable" experience to tell everyone about. (and 15mins of fame)

I saw it on the news earlier..  I too am glad she is ok... And I feel its going to be a mighty big claim  of the council

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 April 2012 - 09:44 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#12    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostKryso, on 25 April 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I use to live in Mexico City, and the pavements were not the best. You always needed to look down, else you would disappear down a hole. Even though I have been back in England for 6 years, I still always look down. It's a hard habit to break.

I remember all sorts of holes, unfinished sidewalks, sewers down below rickety steel doors, loose rebar aiming at my shins,...someone joked last time i was down there that if america had sidewalks like that the lawyers would never sleep. :huh:

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#13    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

View Postbulveye, on 25 April 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I saw that news article I think. You're right, that's an absolute terrible way to die! I used to be afraid growing up in North Dakota of falling into a hole in the snow in spring. In ND, they receive SO much snow that when the spring warmth comes, it starts to melt and creates thousands of under the snow raging rivers. Literally tubes of water rushing right below your feet that you can't see. And if it's a warm enough day, and you're walking through a pasture or field, you run the risk of breaking through the top layers of snow/ice and being swept down these hidden rivers.

I remember stories of people falling through and not being seen again until summer reached and the snows melted. They would find corpses in the middle of fields from this. It was scary!

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

They mention the mall woman and say she was occupied on a mobile, but honestly, I do not see where she was supposed to get the warning on phone or no phone, The ground just gave way below here, I do not see how this is like the mall woman at all, or how she could be at fault in any way.

A teenage girl in north China was walking on a pavement while talking on her mobile phone, when she fell

s Cathy Cruise, the woman who became famous for falling into a mall fountain while texting, said, the worst part of the fall was her embarrassment.
"The humiliation," she said. "You don't know how many people are laughing at you."

Quite different circumstances IMHO.

Edited by psyche101, 26 April 2012 - 06:04 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#15    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

The area I lived was quite scenic and automobile companies and others would often shoot commercials showing the wistfully meandering road with rolling hills and mountains in the background. I was a first responder and would mull the number of fatalities and accidents that had occurred over each mile of that road as I drove it over the years. How different our perpectives can be when we are sensitized to the sometimes dire realities and the perils that lurk in our everyday settings. Let us be thankful for good samaritans. And, for this  teenager who escaped with perhaps nothing more than a bruised ego and some likely ribbing from her peers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users