Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Facts about Orbs!

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#91    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

So did I.  Going to the dr isn't unsafe. ?

#92    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostSharen, on 10 May 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Thanks Sakari, but yeah as I said he is perfectly healthy and that is why I am trying to find answers for him. maybe if I explain to you as he explains it to me you can shed some light.
Re the Orbs:- There is one spot in my garden that produces the most beautiful Night Orchids and apparently he always sees them there. He then sees them around a person but this is occasionally and these are the ones he can communicate with. He will in his mind ask them their names but that is really as far as he goes.
Re the shadows:- maybe I am using the wrong term here, he says he sees a form of a human, sometimes they are distinct in appearance as male and female. He says he has recently seen 2 males and 2 females in the living areas of our home but says that they are very "peaceful" (whatever he means by that.) So too is the one in my backyard and the one by the pool. But there is one in particular that is hanging around which he is not comfortable with at all and has even described this man down to the scar on his face. This is what now got me to start investigating again and trying to get some help for him because he is ill at ease with this one.
Now I don't mind or have a problem with people who are what they called "gifted" with this type of thing and in fact have been on a see-saw with myself saying yes it's possible and then no way these things don't exist but when it's so close to home I need answers. I am actually a bit freaked out by all this but would never show my son that.
So please, if you can or know anyone who can give me some solid answers I will appreciate it.

I still say go to a Doctor for any physical, or mental diagnosis..........

Not saying he is " crazy " or anything, this could be any number of things associated with eyes, brain, etc, etc, etc....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#93    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Never said it wasn't... just saying it should be investigated and have a professional examine the situation. In a way, seeing a dr first would rule things out better.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#94    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostEcto76, on 10 May 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

She should inquire about having a reputable Paranormal Team investigate then the team could give her the proper diagnosis of what kind of treatment the child needs. A good team will know if examined the right way whether or not there is IF any Paranormal Activity or it is being misidentified.

Reputable?

I was hoping you would chime in backing up going to Doctors about this.You mentioned ( being on a paranormal team ) that you never over look that part.

As I said earlier, some people want the ghosts and goblins, and have no concern at all towards any ones possible health issues.( not saying you )

Oh, I overlooked that. I still think whether or not she can pick up on it, that a serious investigation should take place before jumping to any conclusions about the child. I always take the child's safety into consideration. Just my two sense. Before people come out and say he needs any medical treatment. It should be examined thoroughly.

What is a " serious investigation "?.....To this day, with thousands of " teams " out there, and 1000,s of years investigating ( add up all the teams and people ) and still not one piece of evidence / proof / fact even strong enough to get a University to start researching it?......How can one be " serious" , or " reputable " ?

If you look at the child's safety, why would you recommend a " investigation " before seeing a Doctor?......Isn't that jumping to conclusions about the child right there?...

One possibility has many possible known answers, the other has no answers, just stories.

Before people come out and say ghosts or goblins, the person(s) should be examined thoroughly by a REAL Doctor.

Does anyone realise how many people have died from exorcisms? ( just a example )

Or had medical issues ( brain tumors just one example ) that gave them what others think as " paranormal " abilities?

Lack of oxygen can cause hallucinating....( lung issues or heart )

Just a couple of examples, and not saying anyone has a brain tumor, bit for Christ sake why do people avoid this, and go for the snake oil?

Edited by Sakari, 10 May 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#95    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm not against it... it will help rule things out. :tu:

#96    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostEcto76, on 10 May 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Never said it wasn't... just saying it should be investigated and have a professional examine the situation. In a way, seeing a dr first would rule things out better.

Dangit, thank you......typing mine while you posted....

It is also important to be honest with the Doctor and not sugar coat any of the story shared here.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#97    girlgodx

girlgodx

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

i havent read the pages. but i came to say, that there are indeed real "orbs". energy just so happens to form a sphereical shape, just as a water droplett will forn said shape as it falls to the ground, its not hard to understand why a random energy pressence would form the shape of a sphere in mid air. i have seen orbs on a couple occasions, and thankfully once, without going into a long story, i witnessed an orb with 3 other people at the same time. what did you expect a energy source to form a box shape?  or course its an orb. the fact that random dust particals form a orb shape in a camera lens though unfortunate, is irrelevant. but you can catch both on camera

am i alive and dreaming or dead and remembering

#98    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,298 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postgirlgodx, on 14 May 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

the fact that random dust particals form a orb shape in a camera lens though unfortunate, is irrelevant. but you can catch both on camera

And a good example of this (ie a NON-dust/particulate orb) can be found.. where?

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#99    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I thought this was interesting...It explains how to create your own energy ball...

http://learn-telekin...e-psi-balls.php

#100    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

PSI Balls? lol... kind of funny.

#101    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

Dragon dragon. Dragon ball z!

#102    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postpinupgirl, on 14 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

I thought this was interesting...It explains how to create your own energy ball...

Yet another reason why "ORBS" should not be presented as evidence of the Paranormal!

#103    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

View Postgirlgodx, on 14 May 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

energy just so happens to form a sphereical shape, just as a water droplett will forn said shape as it falls to the ground, its not hard to understand why a random energy pressence would form the shape of a sphere in mid air.
That doesn't make any sense.

Electricity is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape.  Put a bunch of electrons into a spherical shape and they'll do their damnedest to form anything but a sphere as they mutually repel each other and quit forming any sort of shape at all.

Heat is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape.  Get a room and concentrate some heat into a spherical shape in the air and watch as the heat dissipates until it roughly equalises itself around the room.

Electromagnetic radiation is a form of energy "just so happen" to form a spherical shape (that wouldn't even make any sense).

Etc. etc.

The world around us is full of energy - the heat of the molecules in the air around you, the light coming from the sun, the electromagnetic radiation that carries radio, TV, cellphone, Wifi, etc. signals through the atmosphere around you, the electricity flowing throw the cables that provide power to all the neat gadgets we own, the chemical energy in our laptop and phone batteries, etc.  These things are not forming spherical globules of energy because there is no inherent general tendency for energy to form itself into spherical shapes.

Where did you get this idea from?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#104    girlgodx

girlgodx

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 15 May 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

That doesn't make any sense.

Electricity is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape.  Put a bunch of electrons into a spherical shape and they'll do their damnedest to form anything but a sphere as they mutually repel each other and quit forming any sort of shape at all.

Heat is a form of energy and it doesn't "just so happen" to form a spherical shape.  Get a room and concentrate some heat into a spherical shape in the air and watch as the heat dissipates until it roughly equalises itself around the room.

Electromagnetic radiation is a form of energy "just so happen" to form a spherical shape (that wouldn't even make any sense).

Etc. etc.

The world around us is full of energy - the heat of the molecules in the air around you, the light coming from the sun, the electromagnetic radiation that carries radio, TV, cellphone, Wifi, etc. signals through the atmosphere around you, the electricity flowing throw the cables that provide power to all the neat gadgets we own, the chemical energy in our laptop and phone batteries, etc.  These things are not forming spherical globules of energy because there is no inherent general tendency for energy to form itself into spherical shapes.

Where did you get this idea from?
i didnt say all electricity inherently had to be spherical. i was just pointing out that it is not an uncommon shape for particals to form. im not a physicist to explain to you why this is i only base it on observations ive made. liquid, gas,(the sun, air bubbles) all form spheres.
a wild guess would assume that at the central point of the energy source, the light spreads out from that point in all directions at an equal distance in relation to each other, which would be a sphere. what is controling the central point? that is the real question

am i alive and dreaming or dead and remembering

#105    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postpinupgirl, on 14 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Just to clarify,i'm not saying that Orbs are definitely not paranormal,just that we need to look at all options before saying that they are without doubt paranormal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users