Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    BFB

BFB

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

John McCain's 2008 campaign staff allegedly had evidence that Democrats stuffed ballot boxes in Pennsylvania and Ohio on election night, but McCain chose not to pursue voter fraud, according to internal Stratfor emails published by WikiLeaks.

In an email sent on November 7, 2008, and titled " Insight - The Dems & Dirty Tricks ** Internal Use Only - Pls Do Not Forward **," Stratfor vice president of intelligence Fred Burton wrote:

1) The black Dems were caught stuffing the ballot boxes in Philly and Ohio as reported the night of the election and Sen. McCain chose not to fight. The matter is not dead inside the party. It now becomes a matter of sequence now as to how and when to "out".

Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election Results

"Its not true, before my brain says so" - BFB

#2    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,074 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

How exactly does one "stuff a ballot box"?

1.  Ballots are handed to the individual by the election official/judge manning the box AFTER the person signs a book with their name and address (confirms the correct precinct).

2.  Paper ballots have coding, size and position of questions/ballot are set.  Hard to forge.

3.  Each precinct knows how many eligible voters live in the precinct.  Having more ballots than people would stop the voting.  (The precinct is only issued a set amount of ballots.)

4.  Tampering with an optical scanning ballot machine is possible.  It will be caught when the actual data is transferred to the main processor for accounting.

5.  Cramming a ballot(s) into a box doesn't mean that these ballots were counted.

Do people try to commit voter fraud, yup.  Does the article in the OP (bit about ballot stuffing) make sense to me?  Nope and I was an election official for years.

The email discussed in the OP makes accusations but doesn't really show any evidence.  I don't know about the other two issues in the email but the "stuffing the ballot box" really doesn't fly.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,353 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

If this election is close I expect litigation just like we saw in 2000.  I hope the repubs are getting their battle plan together so they can use surveillance to prove voting irregularities to a court's standard.  The dems hve probably already written the briefs for legal action :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

It should be fun to watch all of the libs and anarchists who worship at the altar of Wikileaks throw them under the bus for this one.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Postand then, on 25 April 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

If this election is close I expect litigation just like we saw in 2000.  I hope the repubs are getting their battle plan together so they can use surveillance to prove voting irregularities to a court's standard.  The dems hve probably already written the briefs for legal action :w00t:

I have a feeling that surveillance would show both parties up to no good, so that probably will not happen.

#6    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 25 April 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I have a feeling that surveillance would show both parties up to no good, so that probably will not happen.

Agreed. I'm fairly positive this is the precise reason McCain never brought it up. Lest the Republicans "Dirty Tricks" be also exposed to the light.

#7    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Of course there was fraud in the 08 election. Hell, I was witness to it, reported it and nothing at all was done. Not everywhere uses electronic voting machines, some still use a paper ballot. This is not to say that the voting machines cannot be tampered with, they easily can. Will there be fraud in the upcoming election? Of course there will be on both sides just like there is in every predidential election dating back forever.

Mike

#8    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,074 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 25 April 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Oh yeah.  2004 Election - lawyers from both sides hovered in our offices just waiting to see who was doing what.  

Nightmare.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#9    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,696 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostBFB, on 25 April 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

John McCain's 2008 campaign staff allegedly had evidence that Democrats stuffed ballot boxes in Pennsylvania and Ohio on election night,
:rolleyes:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#10    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

I really hate to point this out but the popular election doesn't count a single iota. The election is determined by the Electoral College.....which in point of fact is not required to go by the results of any popular vote. Not to mention Big O was one of the biggest electoral winners in history.

So stuff those puppy's full, they mean exactly zip as far as an election goes.

#11    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,203 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

http://www.republicantricks.com/

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 25 April 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Oh yeah.  2004 Election - lawyers from both sides hovered in our offices just waiting to see who was doing what.  

Nightmare.

Nibs
Yes, but imagine what kind of shenanigans would be going on if no one even bothered to look.  I'm sure there ARE illegal or at least questionable tactics used by both sides but I hope we can at least keep thugs away from in front of polling stations this time round :innocent:

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 25 April 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I really hate to point this out but the popular election doesn't count a single iota. The election is determined by the Electoral College.....which in point of fact is not required to go by the results of any popular vote. Not to mention Big O was one of the biggest electoral winners in history.

So stuff those puppy's full, they mean exactly zip as far as an election goes.
When was the last time that most, or even many, of the States electors voted contrary to the election result tallies in the election?
I understand that they MAY, by law, do so.  But when recently have they?  And 2000 was so close as to be an aberration so please don't reopen that wound.  I think it may haunt the nation again this year if Oby is close but no cigar.  He'd spend a year litigating if he had to.

#14    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,074 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postand then, on 25 April 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yes, but imagine what kind of shenanigans would be going on if no one even bothered to look.  I'm sure there ARE illegal or at least questionable tactics used by both sides but I hope we can at least keep thugs away from in front of polling stations this time round :innocent:

Well, there are a lot of people who are paid to make sure none of the shenanigans make it through.  Many many checks and balances.

Nibs

#15    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Why do I have the distinct feeling that this is less about 2008 and more about finding a preemptive excuse for loosing 2012?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users