Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,863 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Most states requiring voter ID's are offering free picture ID cards and free transportation to get them. It seems to me that the requirements for ID are pretty lenient...all the way down to using a utility bill to show proof of address with your name on it.
Makes you wonder why it's sucha big deal to Democrats.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#47    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,175 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Most states requiring voter ID's are offering free picture ID cards and free transportation to get them. It seems to me that the requirements for ID are pretty lenient...all the way down to using a utility bill to show proof of address with your name on it.

Heck, you don't even have to do that to register.  According to HAVA, all one needs to do is supply the last four digits of their SSN.

The elections office has to verify all the information provided with the SS office, DMV, State records, etc.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#48    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,410 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 07 May 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I understand what you are saying.  But, constitutionally, it cannot COST anyone anything to vote.  HAVING to obtain an ID that costs even the smallest amount violates that.

Don't know if you saw it in my earlier post but there is a simple way to solve the problem.  The elections offices issue Voter Registration Cards.  It's an official card.  It's NOT acceptable as ID.  It needs to be free and used as an acceptable ID.  It's a process already in place.

Nibs

I get the constitutionality. I really do. But the quote below is what I've heard and takes care of the issue. If you really can't afford one there are ways. But those really opposed just won't here of it. Just keep getting a runaround. I'm all about the constitution but some things just make sense.

Posted Image

#49    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,175 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostIs it for real, on 07 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

I get the constitutionality. I really do. But the quote below is what I've heard and takes care of the issue. If you really can't afford one there are ways. But those really opposed just won't here of it. Just keep getting a runaround. I'm all about the constitution but some things just make sense.

Every state needs to supply these ID's.  For free.  It would make everyone compliant with the Help America Vote Act and not disenfranchise anyone.  It's pure stupidity and bullheaded attitudes that prevents it.  

It's just stupid.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#50    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostIs it for real, on 07 May 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

who want to stop as much fraud as possible?

And do you realize there are almost nearly zero proven cases of voter fraud.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#51    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

That would be nice. But it's not that way here.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#52    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,410 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

View Postninjadude, on 08 May 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

Well then, when voter id laws come your way then you'll have nothing to worry about. Somebody will pick you up, drive you and you'll get a nice state funded id card. No excuses, no disenfranchising. Now you have no more valid argument.
In the mean time, you're fine.

Posted Image

#53    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

I sorry, I don't understand the problem you are having with all of this. The requirements, below, will be as easily met when the picture ID law kicks in up there. All that will change is that you'll get, probably for free....as with the other states, another form of identification. I don't know how they can make it any easier.

If you register by mail, you must vote in person the first time, either at the
polling place, in-person absentee or early voting, unless you submit with your
mail-in registration form your driver license number or state ID number, the last
four digits of your social security number, or one of the forms of ID listed
below.   Voters voting under the provisions of  UOCAVA and the Voting
Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act  do not have to vote in
person for the first time after having registered by mail.  (HAVA 303[b][2][c]).
• A current and valid photo identification
• Utility bill
• Bank statement
• Government check
• Paycheck
• Lease or contract for residence
• Student ID & mail addressed to voter’s residence
• Government document
The above listed forms of ID must show your name and address and must be
presented to the election officials before being permitted to vote.  If you do not
present a required form of identification either at the time of submitting your
mail-in registration or at the time of voting, you may vote a Provisional Ballot.

http://www.elections...information.pdf

Edited by Michelle, 08 May 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#54    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

You know, on drivers license we have sections for all the different "Classes" of vehicle we are licensed to operate... we also have a section for organ donation. Why not add a section at no charge for voter registration? This could be done on drivers license as well as military ID, State ID cards, Campus ID's...etc...

Edited by Dredimus, 08 May 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#55    maxcred

maxcred

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

If you want to learn about voter fraud read up on the 2004 Presidential election results in Ohio. If Bush hadn't won Ohio he wouldn't have won the election. The ballot totals differed more than 12% from the exit polling, which is huge. Voting was done electronically and accusations of fraud were rampant. One of the main techies responsible for setting it up was supposed to testify before Congress but was killed when his the small airplane he was flying crashed.

#56    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postninjadude, on 08 May 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

And do you realize there are almost nearly zero proven cases of voter fraud.

Read this;

http://www.aim.org/s...rategy-exposed/

#57    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 07 May 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Makes you wonder why it's sucha big deal to Democrats.

If this;

http://www.denverpos...crats-attention

Voter rolls typically shrink in non-presidential election years, but this is the first time in nearly four decades that the number of registered Latinos has dropped significantly.

Correlates with this;

http://articles.busi...igration-expert

More Illegal Immigrants Are Leaving America Than Are Coming The Other Way

Then the Democrat supporting illegal immigrant voting block must be substantial and voter ID's would severely hamper that voting block.

Edited by Socio, 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#58    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,874 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 07 May 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I understand what you are saying.  But, constitutionally, it cannot COST anyone anything to vote.  HAVING to obtain an ID that costs even the smallest amount violates that.

Don't know if you saw it in my earlier post but there is a simple way to solve the problem.  The elections offices issue Voter Registration Cards.  It's an official card.  It's NOT acceptable as ID.  It needs to be free and used as an acceptable ID.  It's a process already in place.

Nibs
Could even just the Time needed to walk over and vote be technically considered to Cost something? I have a friend who says he does not pick up change off the ground because it is not worth his time to do so. I for instance make like $25 an hour, so if I take an hour to go vote, isn't that costing me to do so?

Oregon does vote by mail, but it sets up drop boxes everywhere so you can just drop it off and not use a stamp. But if you have to drive more then like 2 miles you might just as well put that stamp on it. (At 20 miles per gallon and $4 a gallon = 0.20 $/mile. And 2 miles = $0.40)

There automatically must be some expectation of cost, in time, or in money, in the process of voting. If it is not Constitutional, then clearly something needs to change. How do you make something free that must have some cost in time?

Ah... Illinois. The home of Blaggo and Obama, the Chicago Political System. Yes. Very good.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#59    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostSocio, on 08 May 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

ummm no. The author is a sociopath.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#60    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,175 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 May 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Could even just the Time needed to walk over and vote be technically considered to Cost something? I have a friend who says he does not pick up change off the ground because it is not worth his time to do so. I for instance make like $25 an hour, so if I take an hour to go vote, isn't that costing me to do so?

Oregon does vote by mail, but it sets up drop boxes everywhere so you can just drop it off and not use a stamp. But if you have to drive more then like 2 miles you might just as well put that stamp on it. (At 20 miles per gallon and $4 a gallon = 0.20 $/mile. And 2 miles = $0.40)

There automatically must be some expectation of cost, in time, or in money, in the process of voting. If it is not Constitutional, then clearly something needs to change. How do you make something free that must have some cost in time?

Ah... Illinois. The home of Blaggo and Obama, the Chicago Political System. Yes. Very good.

Oh, I agree, "cost" can be defined very broadly.  So far (as far as I know) it's been limited to a monetary price.  Like I said earlier, when my state went to some mail ballot only elections there was a huge b-fest about the price of a stamp being a type of "taxation".  This is why there are drop boxes.  (Just like in many other states.)

In Colorado we had one woman who was in her 90's, in a wheelchair and blind.  She voted in person every year.  Individuals like her are what me feel all stabby when some yahoo would come in two days after the election, young and fully mobile and have a melt down screaming about lawyers and us disenfranchising him because he was out of town on election day.

I don't agree with how many things are done but I do know that the system is actually pretty good unless some jerk intentionally tries to get around the law and cause problems.

Nibs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users