Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mystery as Nasa satellite captures UFO

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Now that's what we call sunbathing: Mystery as Nasa satellite captures UFO surfing the hellish surface of the sun

A strange object flying close to the sun looks unnervingly like a huge, metallic 'mothership' familiar from Hollywood blockbusters.

The picture was released by Nasa's sun-watching Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, known as SOHO - and has become an immediate cult hit on the internet.

UFO fan site News Gather said: ‘An unusually shaped, gigantic UFO was spotted on the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) and posted in a video on YouTube.

http://www.dailymail...urface-sun.html

what is it ?

#2    Amerix

Amerix

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

If that object were real, it would be many times larger than our planet, and the reflection of the sun would make it visible, perhaps to the naked eye, or at the very least, to amateur astronomers.

#3    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostCpl599, on 25 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

If that object were real, it would be many times larger than our planet, and the reflection of the sun would make it visible, perhaps to the naked eye, or at the very least, to amateur astronomers.

You got there before me...was just about to say "awaiting expert number 1 to tell us why it can't be what it appears to be"....so now everyone else
expert number 1 has spoken. Roll on experts 2,3,4 etc
Remember now everyone all that we know is all that's to be known about the universe...experts 2,3,4 etc will confirm this
Regarding size
Here's some perspective for us dumb people

http://www.kiroastro...ngs/perspective

Edited by Bogeyman, 25 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#4    Amerix

Amerix

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Oh, and another thing that gave it away as nothing?  The fact that the "video" is nothing more than just another still like the picture is.  I want to see a video of it there while the sun is in motion.. not a still.  That way, when it's nothing more than the reflection it is, it will disappear.

Seems to be a slow news day again.    :sleepy:

#5    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostCpl599, on 25 April 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Oh, and another thing that gave it away as nothing?  The fact that the "video" is nothing more than just another still like the picture is.  I want to see a video of it there while the sun is in motion.. not a still.  That way, when it's nothing more than the reflection it is, it will disappear.

Seems to be a slow news day again.    :sleepy:

Jeez you're right......how could those people have been so stupid ???? should've read some of your post first instead of watching the sun and it's movements and anomalies ...right ?, they would have learned how thick they're being.
They could've saved themselves all that trouble

#6    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

If I was to speculate......and I am, I'd say it a time lapsed photo or a series of stills taken in quick secession. As Cpl599 pointed out that sucher would be several times larger than Earth if it were really one big, hawkin' ship.

#7    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 25 April 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

If I was to speculate......and I am, I'd say it a time lapsed photo or a series of stills taken in quick secession. As Cpl599 pointed out that sucher would be several times larger than Earth if it were really one big, hawkin' ship.

And bang on time Expert number 2 has arrived telling us why it can't be what it appears to be....guess nobody looked at the perspective link....As experience has thaught me here.....time to bow out before they start quoting stephen hawking

#8    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostBogeyman, on 25 April 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

And bang on time Expert number 2 has arrived telling us why it can't be what it appears to be....guess nobody looked at the perspective link....As experience has thaught me here.....time to bow out before they start quoting stephen hawking
Expert?

I did take a look at the perspective link......I have no idea what it has to do with anything other than support what I and others have pointed out.

I take it you have a problem with hearing from a real expert like Hawking?

Edited by keninsc, 25 April 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#9    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,590 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostBogeyman, on 25 April 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

dont stop now....  :devil:

#10    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's clearly the mother of all Berserkers come to get us. ;)

#11    Amerix

Amerix

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I take my speculation back.  This is clearly an alien mother ship parked right next to the sun.  The greys needed a tan.  This explains everything!  ;)

#12    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 25 April 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Expert?

I did take a look at the perspective link......I have no idea what it has to do with anything other than support what I and others have pointed out.

I take it you have a problem with hearing from a real expert like Hawking?

Well i do have a problem with Hawking actually...Firstly amongst his peers he is not even rated in the top 10...like beckham his celebrity outweighs his ability, and then my point on perspectve was to show how small our sun is when compared to pollux,arcturus,aldebaran,antares and betelgeuse....
Am i flogging a dead horse here ?

#13    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostBogeyman, on 25 April 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Well i do have a problem with Hawking actually...Firstly amongst his peers he is not even rated in the top 10...like beckham his celebrity outweighs his ability, and then my point on perspectve was to show how small our sun is when compared to pollux,arcturus,aldebaran,antares and betelgeuse....
Am i flogging a dead horse here ?
Actually, I think the horse hadn't been born yet.

......ok, I'll bite, what does the size of our Sun relative to other stars in the universe have to do with a bad picture taken by a remotely controlled satellite?

Most guys who are at the top of their fields get bad reviews from people who are often jealous of them. Oh, and speaking of this mysterious poll you reference, you have a link I can verify that at?

#14    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 25 April 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

Actually, I think the horse hadn't been born yet.

......ok, I'll bite, what does the size of our Sun relative to other stars in the universe have to do with a bad picture taken by a remotely controlled satellite?

Most guys who are at the top of their fields get bad reviews from people who are often jealous of them. Oh, and speaking of this mysterious poll you reference, you have a link I can verify that at?

I'm looking for the link now...i read it last week somewhere.I've been here long enough to know not to make statements without links i'll find it. Do i really have to explain to you that the perspective link is to show that from our point of view i.e subjective, the Sun is huuge but from an objective point of view our Sun is but a pinhead in the great scheme of things, the point i'm making is that we're looking at these things from our paradigm....man there was a time it was 50/50 here now they're all lookin on to see how you'll shoot me down  :tu: :no:  ...so be it...i'm goin looking for that hawking link

#15    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostBogeyman, on 25 April 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

I'm looking for the link now...i read it last week somewhere.I've been here long enough to know not to make statements without links i'll find it. Do i really have to explain to you that the perspective link is to show that from our point of view i.e subjective, the Sun is huuge but from an objective point of view our Sun is but a pinhead in the great scheme of things, the point i'm making is that we're looking at these things from our paradigm....man there was a time it was 50/50 here now they're all lookin on to see how you'll shoot me down  :tu: :no:  ...so be it...i'm goin looking for that hawking link

Here's one for the worlds top ten physicists ever form scienceblogs...but not the one i was reading

http://scienceblogs....est_physicists/
Another
http://listverse.com...ial-scientists/
And another ...top ten scientists in physics and world sciences
http://wiki.answers....ysics_and_world
top ten physics experiments
http://physics-anima...glish/top10.htm
And one more
http://web.fccj.org/...top10/top10.htm

Now i know that you can come back with links showing that in some opinions that SH is among the worlds top scientists (such is the net)but i hope that these links will show that in the grand scheme of things he's not reaaaly rated.......Check out forums where physicists speak to each other and you'll see there's a distinct lack of respect for his work..

Edited by Bogeyman, 25 April 2012 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users