Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost Hunting - unprecedented levels

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

CakeOrDeath, on 03 May 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

I would love to hear ANY study that has proven the voices are "real" and sourceless.  Most of the makeshift "devices" used to "capture" evps are ghostboxes, and other things that us whitenoise and "inbetween" radio fequencies that pick up "real" radio waves that contain ...wait for it, voices.  These are quite "earthly" in nature.  If you have a device that will transmit radio waves you will pick-up anything from radio broadcasts, babie monitors, CB radios, cordless phones (no cell) etc.

Also, I have listened to soooo many "evps" and well over 95% of the ones that I have heard can easily be dismissed as paradeolia.  I like to call my wife and daughter into my office and let them "hear" the EVPs on youtube, ghsot hunters, ghost adventures etc, without letting them see the screen, they can alomst never get out of it what the "caption" wants you to hear.

I

Hey, did you read my latest comment on the other topic about EVP/ITC? I've outlined and explained a number of issues with this very "technology" that you're speaking about. Go check it! Should peak your interest my friend! :tu:

#17    TheEVPman

TheEVPman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• Just because we can't see it, dosen't mean it's not there.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Look up Raudive and his work. The Catholic Church studied EVP as well. It's documented. I've worked in this field of EVP for 30 yrs.

There are many documented studies.

Try the methods for yourself... I have...

Controls are what is needed for sure.

The classes of EVP are based on how clear the words are. C class is most common. A class EVPs are rare.

Also, EVP is best listened to with headphones... And lets not for get some other things. Like for example. We must consider accents and dialects when listening to EVP. What might be considered an A class EVP to a person in the US, may not be so to a person from England. We must also consider physical limitations like a hearing loss.

The voices of EVP tend to be, raspy, fast, in nature at times adding to the distortion. Many times too, EVP seems to be sing songy in nature. Again EVP captured in a very clear voice is rare but happens.

Here's what some have said about EVP, and some documented facts.

Dr. Walter Uphoff of Colorado University told the press: "I hope that Raudive's minute work triggers parapsychologists, physicists, electronics technicians, and others to look for an explanation regarding this perplexing development (EVP) – which requires justified acceptance. People should be encouraged to deepen research in this field and to grant financial help for systematic research, in order to push further away the limits of the unknown in our time."

The Vatican expressed a keen interest in EVP research ever since. Pope Paul VI was kept informed of research being done from 1959 onwards by his good friend and EVP pioneer Friedrich Jurgenson. In fact, the Pope made Jurgenson a Knight Commander of the Order of St Gregory in 1969 for his work in EVP. In 1977, Jurgenson wrote fellow researcher Peter Bander: "I have found a sympathetic ear for the Voice Phenomenon in the Vatican.

I have won many wonderful friends among the leading figures in the Holy City. Today 'the Bridge' stands firmly on its foundations."

Furthermore, the cousin of Pope Pius XII, Rev. Professor Dr Gebhard Frei, co-founder of the Jung Institute, was an internationally known parapsychologist who worked closely with Konstantin Raudive. He even recorded his own EVP voices. He described one of his best documented recordings: Professor Dr. Gebhard Frei died on October 27, 1967. In November 1967, at numerous taping sessions, a voice giving its name as Gebhard Frei came through. The voice was identified by Professor Peter Hohenwarter of the University of Vienna as positively belonging to Dr Frei."

The Vatican gave permission for priests to conduct their own research into EVP. Father Leo Schmid had actually been assigned a small parish in Oeschegen, Switzerland, in 1967 to give him time to experiment with recording the mysterious voices discovered by Fathers Ernetti and Gemelli. He collected more than 10,000 voices, many of which were published in his book Wen Die Toten Reden (When the Dead Speak), published posthumously in 1976.

See, it's well documented...

Edited by TheEVPman, 04 May 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#18    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Ummkay, so the Vatican is your documented research center, you do realize they believe in demons, winged beings, undead zombie-god-sons with incredible super powers just to name a few.

Your College professor - was acutally a professor of economics at Colorado U.  He got into the whole EVP thing and hung out the Sarah Estep:  She hears not just dead people but wait for it..... ALIENS too!

The belief in EVP in the United States seems to have mushroomed thanks to Sarah Estep, president of the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena, which claims to have members in some 40 states and publishes a newsletter. Estep claims that in the 1970s she started picking up voices on her husband's Teac reel-to-reel recorder. She is sure that the voices are spirits, proving there is life after death. Estep also claims to hear voices of aliens on some of her tapes. She says she has taped some 20,000 ghosts and aliens. Aliens don't speak English, however, so she is not sure what they are saying. Maybe she was picking up Satan speaking in tongues.

As far as the "grandfather of EVP", ya not that impressive either:

Other early pioneers include Friedrich Jürgenson and Konstantin Raudive. If what Raudive thinks he was hearing were indeed voices from dead people, it confirms the findings of other spirit scientists like Gary Schwartz that the dead have very little of interest to say to us. Raudive would hear things like "I follow you tonight," "please interrupt," and "might be Mary-bin." David Ellis investigated Raudive's and Jürgenson's claims and published his results in The Mediumship of the Tape Recorder: A Detailed Examination of the (Jurgenson, Raudive) Phenomenon of Voice Extras on Tape Recordings (1978). Ellis was not convinced. In 1997, psychologist Imants Barušs conducted a series of experiments attempting to replicate Raudive's work. His results were published in 2001 in the Journal of Scientific Exploration. Barušs concluded that "none of the phenomena found...was clearly anomalous, let alone attributable to discarnate beings."*

While it is impossible to prove that all EVPs are due to natural phenomena, skeptics maintain that they are probably due to such things as interference from a nearby CB operator, cross modulation, or ionospheric ducting. Given all the voices being transmitted these days by cell phones, AM and FM radios, TVs, baby monitors, walkie talkies, shortwave transmitters, etc., it isn't strange that unexpected voices should be heard now and then on our electronic equipment. I've picked up CB transmissions on my VCR and my neighbor's voice from her cordless phone on a baby monitor. Some of the "voices" are most likely people creating  meaning out of random noise, a kind of auditory pareidolia or apophenia. And now that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers (thanks in part to the movie "White Noise"), some hoaxers have probably entered the fray.

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 04 May 2012 - 07:27 PM.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#19    TheEVPman

TheEVPman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Again, research it. Try it... Explain the fact the voices are interactive and respond to questions???? How do you expain that????

BTW, Dennis Hauck the consultant for the movie, "White Noise" is a personal friend and colleague as well.

I'm aware of the possible sources of possible EVP. We can't say where the voices come from. We can only say they exsist. Are they demons, angles, aliens??? Or something else? We just don't know.

Are some of the tranmissions captured over ghost boxes and the likes some entity communicating with us? Possible??? I say yes... I can't say what the source is when they are interactive responding and repeating words and phrases. Keep in mind, so some of these experiments with EVP were conducted in Fareday cages too. So, radio signals weren't the source.

Again, after 30 yrs... My own experiences and indepth research confirms the phenomenon of ITCs and EVP.

Edited by TheEVPman, 04 May 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#20    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

You don't read posts do you...you just keep saying the 30 years thing....my post even referrenced your movie "whitenoise" I included several links to studies based on your dudes "original" experiments, the modern day results were pretty failsauce.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#21    TheEVPman

TheEVPman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

Cake, try some experiments yourself... See for your self...

#22    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 3,204 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Finally a couple people with brains in their heads... excuse my remark. Cake and Colorado I'm glad to read posts from people other than those that want to believe so bad that their mind assumes paranormal at the first hint of well anything... LOL
Personal experience honestly is the only thing keeping any interest n this subject. Like cake its hard to trust someone other than yourself. I know its quite cynical but how many times have we been blatantly lied to. Ill bet you can't even count how many times. Are there ghosts?  I don't know. I have had two very specific experiences that allow me to wonder. They are personal and unnecessary to really talk about because there is nothing but my word to support them. So I leave that out of conversation usually.  The emerging theories in quantum physics seems to support above normal occurrences that fall outside of what we currently understand. Does it support ghosts? Its hard to say. But In the definition of paranormal it is open for anything we have yet to understand. Paranormal does not simply mean ghosts. I think people forget that. Anyways I'm. Babbling so ill stop here for now. Before I do though... cake... Colorado .... I tip my hat to you two. Andcolorado I read about your study... concerns and experiments regarding ghost boxes and I have to say good job ol chap.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 05 May 2012 - 07:24 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users