Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S Army floats the idea of a 'magic bullet'

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,022 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

It sounds like something from a science fiction film, but soon, a ‘magic bullet’ that floats around in the air waiting for its target could become science fact.

This far-fetched sounding piece of ammunition isn’t designed to kill, though.

Called ‘Nonlethal Warhead for Miniature Organic Precision Munitions’, there isn’t even a prototype yet - but it’s on the U.S Army’s wish list.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,915 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

To help incentivize small businesses to outperform those recent disappointments, the Army lists some of the “potential commercial applications” for the non-lethal, loitering bazooka round. And they’re in your backyard: “crowd control for local law enforcement; border protection for Homeland Security; or temporary incapacitation of non violent criminals for local SWAT teams and/or law enforcement.” So if this weapon turns out to be too absurd for the military, there’s always the local police station.
http://www.wired.com...witterclickthru

I can envision these "magic bullets" loitering around above us everywhere, just in case a citizen does something the government doesn't like.

Edited by StarMountainKid, 26 April 2012 - 09:56 PM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,637 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

I could never visualize the concept they were talking about.  The kami kazi drone, I get..but not the floating bullet.  I think a cool and very effective non lethal for crowd control would be "$hitter spitter"  a benign nerve agent that would cause rowdies to temporarily lose control of bowel and bladder function. :w00t:   Bethcha they'd lose interest in the cause for awhile.  Of course the die hards would just come prepared in "Depends" :P :P

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Wouldn't take much modification to make it lethal.

#5    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I hope these magical floating bullets never get made.

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Always trying to find new ways to control or suppress people.

I'd rather they spend money on better things that push us forward.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    Tx-Perkyness

Tx-Perkyness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• "Meaning of life an love" simply how you go about it an what/whom you can't live a day without

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

an everyone wonders why we Americans are so hated is it because of are genius to move forward ....or because we are so dumb that other countries want to cut ties too us in fear that aliens might actually attack an wipe out the idiots first

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,637 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostTx-Faithful, on 29 April 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

an everyone wonders why we Americans are so hated is it because of are genius to move forward ....or because we are so dumb that other countries want to cut ties too us in fear that aliens might actually attack an wipe out the idiots first

Nah, it makes more sense that the aliens would kill off the intelligent ones first.  That should scare all the Liberals to death cause we all know they are the smartest of the bunch   :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostTx-Faithful, on 29 April 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

I can't honestly think of an American invention that was genius and actually made by an American......

Before WW2 the US's Military Technology was inferiour. Not slightly either, it was really bad. The Sherman Tank is evidence of this. The US was far behind German tech. The US owes it's space program, rockets, atomic program/nuclear program, stealth capabilities, laser technology etc etc to germany and it's Nazi Scientists..... Even a lot of Medical research etc is down to what their war spoils thta they got from Japan and Germany.

Kinda funny when you think about it.

I'm not bashing actual Americans here, I love most Americans. Just not the one who are too up themselves and over patroitic. (So over patroitic they even slag off the Europeans.. when that is essentially what they are.. lol) Which brings me to your point... that is why Americans are so hated. A lot of them come across as ignorant, arrogant and Dumb. Not all, as i said I like a lot of Americans and have a few good friends form the US.

Edited by Coffey, 29 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#10    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• 1,055 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Why bullets? We have drones that can do the same thing, if programmed. Sit on the ground behind bush or whatever and wait. Then, pop up surprise!

#11    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• 1,055 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostCoffey, on 29 April 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I can't honestly think of an American invention that was genius and actually made by an American......

Before WW2 the US's Military Technology was inferiour. Not slightly either, it was really bad. The Sherman Tank is evidence of this. The US was far behind German tech. The US owes it's space program, rockets, atomic program/nuclear program, stealth capabilities, laser technology etc etc to germany and it's Nazi Scientists..... Even a lot of Medical research etc is down to what their war spoils thta they got from Japan and Germany.

Kinda funny when you think about it.

I'm not bashing actual Americans here, I love most Americans. Just not the one who are too up themselves and over patroitic. (So over patroitic they even slag off the Europeans.. when that is essentially what they are.. lol) Which brings me to your point... that is why Americans are so hated. A lot of them come across as ignorant, arrogant and Dumb. Not all, as i said I like a lot of Americans and have a few good friends form the US.

Yep Germans and Austrians.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#12    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,496 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Non lethal,seems the US government know something that the US tax payer doesn't know.

#13    Metal Head

Metal Head

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Logo theivery!

Founder of:
M.I.S.T. (Missouri Intrusive Spirit Team)
and
T.R.U.E. (Tactical Response to Unusual Events)

#14    Tx-Perkyness

Tx-Perkyness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• "Meaning of life an love" simply how you go about it an what/whom you can't live a day without

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

if this bullet does get made, will we still need snipers or recon units? seeing that the bullet finds the target but is non lethal then its already achieved what most scouts are sent to do the a tomahawk missile can to the rest,

#15    Rhino666

Rhino666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Can't wait for this technology to get passed on to sex toys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users