Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Trance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

The average human being slips in and out of trances all day long. In these altered states, awareness of the environment can be lost, time flow can be distorted and information can be blocked off from the consciousness mind.

I am wondering if the prevention of information transfer to your consciousness is the cause of psychic phenomena.

For instance if you had an object infront of you and you could enter into a very precise trance where its location and speed simply fail to register in your concious mind does Quantum behaviour for speed and location surface?

Does anybody have trance experiences where unusual stuff has happened?

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,695 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 26 April 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

The average human being slips in and out of trances all day long. In these altered states, awareness of the environment can be lost, time flow can be distorted and information can be blocked off from the consciousness mind.

I am wondering if the prevention of information transfer to your consciousness is the cause of psychic phenomena.

For instance if you had an object infront of you and you could enter into a very precise trance where its location and speed simply fail to register in your concious mind does Quantum behaviour for speed and location surface?

Does anybody have trance experiences where unusual stuff has happened?
Hehe yeah ;)

As good as a hypothesis as any.  It's just as possible the the point of concousness is a one dementiional place. Being one dimentional it fits into all dimentions, ones the 3d world is blocked out the other ds start to become more noticeable. In the unfolded dimentions everything exists together. Any awareness stretching even into one of these dimentions potentially could have access to all information, since that point of awareness would encompse everything.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,142 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Where did you get the information about people moving between ordinary states of consciousness and non-ordinary states of consciousness all day long? I'm fascinated by the idea, and it would explain a lot.

#4    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostBeany, on 29 April 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Where did you get the information about people moving between ordinary states of consciousness and non-ordinary states of consciousness all day long? I'm fascinated by the idea, and it would explain a lot.

You enter into focused states of mind all day long.

When you concentrate on something or something grabs your attention you lose awareness of other things going on around you.

I have no idea how you would lose awareness of an objects speed and location while still being aware of an object. But where I'm going is that without awareness things dont follow the normal laws of physics.

#5    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,142 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

I don't know if this is related, but a friend of mine said she watched a science program on TV where they said the average person only sees 10% of what's there and the mind fills in the rest.

#6    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,470 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostBeany, on 01 May 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

I don't know if this is related, but a friend of mine said she watched a science program on TV where they said the average person only sees 10% of what's there and the mind fills in the rest.

I seen this too but wasn't it more about selective attention because there is only so much we are able to pay attention to and much of it gets ignored simply because much of it is stuff we do not expect to change anyways.

It was kind of cool really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users