Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Analytic Thinking Can Undermine Belief

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31    Opinionist

Opinionist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• "Man invented everything, except invention itself."

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

'Analytic Thinking Can Undermine Belief' .. Analytical thinkers? Why? because some become atheist? because some become skeptic? because some become agnostic?... But every thought is a belief. Atheism is a belief- A belief of God's inexistence, Skepticsm-A belief that everything is questionable, Agnosticsm- A belief that nothing can be proven nor disproved,Theism-A belief of God's existence.. all the existing religions ... science, mathematics, philosophy..and all the existing thoughts. Analysis is just or somekind of reasoning and so, a thought, mind process, belief.. Aren't we all analytical thinkers? aren't we all critical thinkers? we are believers. As long as we think, there will be a thought, wherever we go, there is abberance. Im 16, it's my first post. Hello Unexplained-Mysteries, I really like being here.

#32    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Personally, I seem to be walking a line between analytic thinking and intuition, using a blend of the two to reshape my understanding & perceptions of what's spiritual or sacred. Or maybe I should say it's reshaping me, because ideas seem to be popping into my head out of no where. My analytic mind has been identifying my own personal dogma, and once that space is empty my intuitive self, working together with my analytic self can fill it with ideas that feed & nurture me. I've been thinking the the two are diametrically opposed, but after reading these posts, have come to think that they can work together, and maybe should be working together, as that creates unity instead of conflict. Thanks for the post, Still Water, because I probably wouldn't have figured out what was going on with me without it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users