Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did the devil create the Dinosaurs?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 28 April 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

I agree entertainment only.

What about the peacful herbavours. We're they evil monstrocities aswell?

Nope, just food for Monsters - monsters have gotta have monstrous quantities of blood to spill to be er "hellishly monstrous'.:rolleyes:

BTW if humanity was the size of mice but all other animals remained the size they are today - this would be a far more "monstrous" reality, given the diversity evolution has so kindly provided us with in terms of predatory techniques and feeding styles :devil: .

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#32    time monster

time monster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have to say that the theory is pretty interesting.  But I do not buy into it.  The World at that time was a lot different than it is now and at that time it was just perfect for the dinosaurs.  They had their time and we have ours.  The authors almost make it seem that the dinosaurs were just plain evil.  They were what they were and nature provided for both the herbivores and the carnivores.

#33    GreatFenris

GreatFenris

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

• Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    -Optimus Prime.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 27 April 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Well, it's an entertaining theory that could make for a good story line.

Already been done. ANd back in the 80's if I recall correctly. There was a collectible card line back then about some dude opening up a portal in time through dinosaurs entered and started wreaking havoc. One of the last cards in the line depicted a battle between DIno-Satan and some humans.

It was pretty stupid, but it wasn't serious like this...Travesty...Seems to be.

#34    Copen

Copen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

The devil can create nothing but confusion and evil. He can not create animals.

Actually, God tells on Day Five of creating dinosaurs. "And God created great whales (tanniym - which means "preternatural marine/land hideous monster/dragons"), "and every living reptile" (reptile is the translation according to the Septuagint instead of "creature" in the KJV) that moveth..."

In 1611, which is the date of the KJV, the dinosaur petrified bones had not been discovered. This didn't happen until the early 1700's and it was the late 1700's before there were wide spread discoveries. The translators of the KJV had nothing to base the word "tanniym" with except whales. Preternatural means out of the natural.

Five is the number God uses over and over in the Bible for death. Some say it means grace. But when someone truly understands grace, the result is a death of the soul to sin.

Dinosaurs created Day Five is appropriate as they are the animals who were intended to die. The old testament gives descriptions several places (Job for one book) of animals/monsters which are not known to exist today. The description aptly fits dinosaurs which were living up until the great Deluge when they were suddenly exterminated.

Most discoveries of dinosaurs are found to have been swept away in a whirlpool and instantly incapsulated in a mud grave. Just like The Deluge.
God bless us all

Edited by Copen, 30 April 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#35    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,428 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

There are many passages about the Devil (the name means "slanderer" or "accuser") of Satan (which means "adversary"). The Bible says he was a perfect creature until felled by pride, wanting to take God's place. But nowhere dose it say he created anything. In fact, I do not believe there is any reference to anyone having the power to create anything except God alone, whether inanimate matter, plants, animals, humans or angels. We are taking about creation ex nihilo. As for what is meant by creation ex nihilo (our of nothing) consider:

There is the joke that a group of scientists challenged God to create life. God took the elements from the dirt and made an animal. The scientists were impressed but were sure they were up to the challenge and debated about how to extract the minerals from the dirt, how to produce the right combinations of amino acids, what type of atmosphere to use in the process and what form of energy, such as electricity, UV radiation, etcetera, to subject the chemicals to, and so forth. When they were finished consulting one another they told God, "We have a consensus are now ready to accept the challenge and make a living organism," and reached down for a scoop of soil. "Oh no," said God, "Get your own dirt."

So you see the problem, we can reuse materials that exist to "create something" even new things, but so far we have not been able to breech the law of Thermodynamics that states neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed, only changed in form. It is one thing to take a wolf and from it breed many types of dog, it is quite another to create the wolf. That power seems to reside with God alone.

There is a school of Biblical thought that says that there is a huge gap of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, that 1:1 deals with the creation of everything, and that 1:2 deals with the remaking of all that exist today after something has changed or destroyed the original creation. Some say that during this Satan went from being the highest created angel in charge of the earth to a rebel and the earth as it was was judged by God. Later in 1:2 the earth was reformed using existing material from the original creation. Biblically there are problems with this and it is not universally excepted, but several influential Christian ministers including Dr. Donald Barnhouse seem to hold to the possibility of the theory. I believe different Hebrew words for creation were used in 1:1 and 1:2, the first meaning something out of nothing and the second a reshaping of the existing material. Dr. Barnhouse and others speculated about the world before its "reshaping" and the conditions and creatures that may have inhabited it. Whether or not he thought dinosaurs were from this era I'm not sure. This is only one theory of the events in creation, ranging from literal six days to the big bang and 15 billion years and there are some unexplained problems with all of them.

And while Genesis refers to Satan as a serpent in his temptation of the human race, and elsewhere refers to him as a dragon, careful study of the Bible will reveal that he is a spiritual being and rather than being a reptile. He possessed the body of one of God's good creatures and using it as a vehicle for an evil purpose in much the same way he entered into Judas to betray Christ. The dragon reference is more about his character and ferocity, in much the same way he is referred to as a prowling lion seeking whom he may devour.

Whether the article "Kooks: A guide to the outer limits of human belief" was meant to be taken seriously or not I can't say. The earth is still dog eat dog and the Bible says that this is a result of the fall of man, that it even affects nature. Where you are torn apart by a leopard or a deinonychus doesn't matter much if you're the prey.

I do think many people read things into Scripture that are not there, and other think things are in Scripture that are not. Paul commended the Bereans for studying the Scripture to see what it actually said and not just believe anything they were told. Seems like a good place to start.

#36    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,410 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

i'm always surprised of how scientific facts as the existence of Dinosaurs or evolution in general is COMPLETELY mixed up with folklore and religious fantasies....

this is more ridiculous than the stuff Hubbard came up with.

#37    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,698 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostFramling, on 28 April 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

the op scenario would make an awesome Tarantino ft. Roger Corman movie.
Only if Satan is played by Jeremy Irons.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#38    a vampire wears my boxers

a vampire wears my boxers

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

• like empty prayers from a disentigrating throat

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

i've read more intelligent things on the chalk board in special ed class

it looks like the upper hand, is on the other foot.

i guess they would say we could set this world ablaze

i have never tried to succeed at anything, therefore i have never failed.

#39    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Posta vampire wears my boxers, on 30 April 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

:w00t:   That was good.. made me chuckle......I had to click  - LIKE  on this one   ha ha

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#40    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 April 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

I just finished reading the article  from the OP .......... I was  telling my husband  one night about this sort thing.. as we spoke of the weirdest and most dumbest things you could ever read on the internet... I mentioned  how I once read  a few years  ago, religious people saying - That The Devil Planted dinosaur bones to trick us and fool us all into thinking the earth was  older.... My husband did not  believe me, he said there  is no way people could be that dumb?  

I tried to show him but lost the link ...Just when I thought the dumbness could not appear again to show that I was right and   I had read it all before.. It is back...!!  I could almost hear the  theme from the  movie  Psycho   going .. reek reeek reeek reeek when I read the OP article  lol

And now it is God who planted them to test believers ..This does not in any way make  sense.. There is no point to it...So I beleive that  they are  seriously just  joking around  to poke fun...No one can be that dense...I refuse to beleive that anyone with any intelligence would  believe such dribble !..

.And  we know that  the age of the earth is not just calculated by dinosaur fossils, but  calculated by geology too..  Study of the earth's crust ...I am surprised they have not called this trickery or a test too ....

If  what they were serious about what they have wrote, then it saddens me to think that we as a species  have evolved so much , especially in the last 100 years, that there are so many people who will beleive in this clap trap ...It feels like  we are taking a step backwards into the dark ages........What's next? .... Will we start burning witches again?

I can see no logical sense in God  creating the earth  6000 years ago but making it look like it was made  billions of years ago..   Leaving the earth, to go further a field and enter the universe ...Scientist have calculated  the speed and distance  of far away galaxies, and have determined  that the universe  is approx 14 billion years old........AGAIN  IF  God made of this 6000  years ago, where is the sense in making the universe  look so much older?  What is the purpose?   There is no real reasoning. with this..  and  hardly the work of  intelligence  to be honest

My conclusion is.. this article and what it says  cannot possibly be serious...it has to be a joke of some sort... I thought theory's  were many to at least be interesting..  But this just takes the biscuit  !

Here I thought it was the Jews who plant dinosaur bones. :huh:

#41    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 30 April 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

News to me  lol....  Where did you hear that one?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#42    rimbaudelaire

rimbaudelaire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 30 April 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Just the 'clean' bones; the gentiles had to plant the 'unclean' ones. ;)

#43    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,698 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

View Posta vampire wears my boxers, on 30 April 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

As the only people who write on chalkboards in SEUs are teachers, I have to say, on the behalf of myself and my colleagues ... "OI!" :td:

;)

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#44    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostCopen, on 30 April 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

In 1611, which is the date of the KJV, the dinosaur petrified bones had not been discovered. This didn't happen until the early 1700's and it was the late 1700's before there were wide spread discoveries. The translators of the KJV had nothing to base the word "tanniym" with except whales. Preternatural means out of the natural.

As long ago as 2000 years, they were finding in China what they termed Dragon bones.  More than likely, they were dinosaur bones, but they didn't know that so they labeled them with terms they knew.  Similar finds could have been made elsewhere and the information of those finds could have been well enough known to have been a factor in the writings of the bible.

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users