Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did the devil create the Dinosaurs?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    Kratology

Kratology

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• No rest for the wicked.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hello my friends!

Not sure what forum this belongs in. It covers science and religious belief. (If moved could you send me a pm to where? thanks!)

I've come across an excerpt from a book and would like to get your opinions on the matter: http://home.pacifier...kossy/dino.html

Here is the text from the link above:

(Excerpted from Kooks: A Guide to the Outer Limits of Human Belief)

We might think that the world is a cruel place now, but millions of years ago the dinosaurs lived in a world without mercy, "a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction. It was a world invented by the Devil himself, according to Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?

While millions of dinosaur lovers everywhere delight in their gigantic proportions and sometimes comical physiognomies, Royce and Zolot are deeply disturbed by them. "Even a cursory examination of the facts," they write, "produces the distinct feeling that something was just not right with the dinosaurs and the related reptiles of the air and sea. It is as if they were not of this world and did not belong in it. It is as if they were travesties of Nature, monstrous caricatures of other creatures and of life itself--the result of some obscene joke played by some perverted prankster." It was the most perverted prankster of all, Satan, who created these travesties and, in his insatiable perversity, became one himself.

I'm sure many of you have come across this theory before. It's very interesting to say the least! I was hoping some of you intellects out there could shed some light on the subject. Maybe someone has more info(links, books, counter theories, etc.)

I'm not sure exactly how i feel about it. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share and hopefully discuss it with you all.

Edited by Still Waters, 27 April 2012 - 02:09 PM.
Copied text shortened

#2    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

No.  No he did not.  That being said, let's look at this quote:

"a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction.

How is it freakish?  Because the world that mankind has shaped has no place for these animals?  As far as being drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction, the author of this quote easily glides over the fact that these animals, just as our current species of animals, fought to survive.  When the Brown Pelican of the Florida Keys catches a fish to sup on, is it an abnormal, grotesque creature that is hellbent on destruction?  More aptly, what about when humans hunt to survive and feed their young?  I would like to personaly thank Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of "Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?" for restoring my faith in human idiocy.  My Friday has just been shot to s**t.  Thank  you.  :blink:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,099 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Great post for thought. Thanks. I have no opinion at this time.

#4    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostKratology, on 27 April 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hello my friends!

Not sure what forum this belongs in. It covers science and religious belief. (If moved could you send me a pm to where? thanks!)

I've come across an excerpt from a book and would like to get your opinions on the matter: http://home.pacifier...kossy/dino.html

I'm sure many of you have come across this theory before. It's very interesting to say the least! I was hoping some of you intellects out there could shed some light on the subject. Maybe someone has more info(links, books, counter theories, etc.)

I'm not sure exactly how i feel about it. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share and hopefully discuss it with you all.

This was written in 1995? Long time ago.....

The world is just as cruel now as it was back then. Predator and prey....it's always been that way. It's just that back then some were a lot bigger. Bigger because the oxygen levels were around 35-36% compared to today's 21% or so.  No entity created the dinosaurs and no entity destroyed them......unless you want to call an asteroid an entity.

Damien Royce and Jason Zolot have some strange thoughts...........

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

I guess the devil created every predatory organism then, even humans...

BTW I'm not sure where they got the idea of dinosaurs being incarnations of destruction. If I had to guess though, works of fiction.

Edited by Rlyeh, 27 April 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#6    Kratology

Kratology

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• No rest for the wicked.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostCryptozological Mascot, on 27 April 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

No.  No he did not.  That being said, let's look at this quote:

"a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction.

How is it freakish?  Because the world that mankind has shaped has no place for these animals?  As far as being drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction, the author of this quote easily glides over the fact that these animals, just as our current species of animals, fought to survive.  When the Brown Pelican of the Florida Keys catches a fish to sup on, is it an abnormal, grotesque creature that is hellbent on destruction?  More aptly, what about when humans hunt to survive and feed their young?  I would like to personaly thank Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of "Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?" for restoring my faith in human idiocy.  My Friday has just been shot to s**t.  Thank  you.  :blink:

They where implying that death came from the Devil. And that god never intended for "us" to die. ("us" being all living creatures)

It certainly is fiction. It's merely a wild theory, which IMO is not all that bad compared to some of these Ancient Alien episodes, haha. I just thought it was interesting and would get people thinking. Thank you for posting!

BTW, i love the part where they clam the comet that killed the "evil dinosaurs" was actually God casting Satan from heaven! How can someone prove any of this to be true? Though i suppose the same could be said about most religious beliefs.

Edited by Kratology, 27 April 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#7    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

:devil:  :innocent:
All I can say is, really?  Where do some people get their ideas from, and how on earth do they find someone else who's enough of a sucker to go along with it and help with a book?

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#8    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,933 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

View Postarenee, on 27 April 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

:devil:  :innocent:
All I can say is, really?  Where do some people get their ideas from, and how on earth do they find someone else who's enough of a sucker to go along with it and help with a book?

....and to actually pay to read this stuff?  I shouldn't be surprised anymore by some of the bizarre 'theories' that are published.:cry:

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#9    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 27 April 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

....and to actually pay to read this stuff?  I shouldn't be surprised anymore by some of the bizarre 'theories' that are published.:cry:
I think it's ironic how some actual writers can't get their crappy books published but these jokers can.  

The idea that dinosaurs were intentionally evil and not just hungry for some tasty steak (or whatever they called the meat) is laughable.  I could go for some tasty steak right now...I'm so evil.  :devil:  :gun:

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#10    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,933 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postarenee, on 27 April 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I think it's ironic how some actual writers can't get their crappy books published but these jokers can.  

The idea that dinosaurs were intentionally evil and not just hungry for some tasty steak (or whatever they called the meat) is laughable.  I could go for some tasty steak right now...I'm so evil.  :devil:  :gun:

LOL, me too!  A nice, juicy rare steak....ok, gotta get something to eat!  LOL

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#11    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• 1,469 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello my friends!

I have to be honest, it sounds like these authors had the pants scared off of them by Jurassic Park.  Actually... was that even out when this was written?

Anyway, Every predatory creature has the same potential as the dinosaurs to be violent, blood drenched and terrifying.  I must wonder if these guys have ever seen a lion take down a zebra and tear it apart with its teeth, because I can't imagine the life of the dinosaurs being so much worse than that.  Really, they're overgrown lizards... Perhaps that's the connection.  Snakes and dragons are seen as evil, so by proxy a world full of giant lizards = hell?  That actually makes a little bit of sense, if someone holds the view that everything snake/dragon-like is automatically evil and vile.

It's an interesting concept... but it's also a twisted understanding of the situation then and the situation at present.

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#12    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

We might think that the world is a cruel place now, but millions of years ago the dinosaurs lived in a world without mercy, "a freakish, hellish nightmare world drenched in the blood and gore of violence, death and destruction" inhabited by "abnormal, grotesque creatures and monstrosities" hellbent on destruction.

Nope.

It was a world invented by the Devil himself, according to Damien Royce and Jason Zolot, the authors of Did God Destroy the Dinosaurs?

Nope.

While millions of dinosaur lovers everywhere delight in their gigantic proportions and sometimes comical physiognomies, Royce and Zolot are deeply disturbed by them.

Says the hairless pink monkey...

"Even a cursory examination of the facts," they write, "produces the distinct feeling that something was just not right with the dinosaurs and the related reptiles of the air and sea. It is as if they were not of this world and did not belong in it. It is as if they were travesties of Nature, monstrous caricatures of other creatures and of life itself--the result of some obscene joke played by some perverted prankster." It was the most perverted prankster of all, Satan, who created these travesties and, in his insatiable perversity, became one himself.

Wait, what? Satan became a dinosaur now?

As for they didn't belong here:

Dino

Modern

But only one of them's meant to exist right?

Finally, tell me this is a 'monstrosity'.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#13    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostSetton, on 27 April 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Finally, tell me this is a 'monstrosity'.
Yes, cute things are monstrosities too Setton.  They were murderous creatures!!! Can't you see that! :no:

#14    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postarenee, on 27 April 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yes, cute things are monstrosities too Setton.  They were murderous creatures!!! Can't you see that! :no:

Main reason I put that one up: If you look at the heading it's a Deinonychus - one of the better predators and a well evolved killing machine. But it's SO cute :P

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#15    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well, it's an entertaining theory that could make for a good story line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users