Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Facebook Lobbies Washington

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Facebook, the social network behemoth that is about to become a multi-billion dollar company, has been lobbying for a proposed new U.S. law called the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) that would allow companies to share information with government agencies.

Under CISPA, private companies may spy on user communications, whether stored or in transit, and freely pass personal information to the government as long as they claim a vague "cybersecurity" exception.

http://www.commondre...ew/2012/04/27-3

Edited by jugoso, 27 April 2012 - 04:05 PM.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#2    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Why would Facebook push for a law that would cause them to lose customers? Seems rather stupid of them from a business standpoint.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#3    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,567 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostCorp, on 27 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Why would Facebook push for a law that would cause them to lose customers? Seems rather stupid of them from a business standpoint.
My sense is that not many would know about their involvement nor how it may affect them. Here is an article from "mainstream" press and no mention of Facebook.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...urity-bill.html

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#4    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

NVM, can't find it.  Don't listen to me.  I have no idea what I am talking about.

Edited by arenee, 27 April 2012 - 04:28 PM.

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostCorp, on 27 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Just like Google,they will be selling the info to Interested parties

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users