Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

The Lithgow Panther

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostTia, on 03 May 2008 - 12:22 PM, said:

I also have prints of paw tracks and after being reviewed by an expert he put them down to a possible panther but more likely marsupial lion.

I wonder what he was an expert in, as the footprints of the two should look nothing like each other. Thylacoleo had a very peculiar hand and foot anatomy that would not really be mistaken for anything else by an actual expert.

#17    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostSuper-Fly, on 18 July 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

Nice looking beast.

as long as it dont attack people, sweet.

I agree

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#18    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 18 July 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I agree

Yep!

Thanks for the reply!

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#19    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postthylacoleo, on 29 April 2008 - 01:16 PM, said:

QUOTE (Panthera leo atrox @ Sep 21 2004, 12:39 AM)
Do you think the pic is of a marsupial, or a cat? You called it both.  

Sure there can be, we just don't have a specimen yet. Any cat can be melanistic.

I met an American who claims he has seen black pumas in the states.

Well..Thylacoleo carnifex is also called the "Marsupial Lion" and it isn't a lion.

The Thylacine is also called the "Tasmanian tiger" but it isn't a tiger..

The name "Marsupial cat" is just a name..To show that it has cat-like traits but marsupial tracks. I think the picture from  the Lithgow panther footage is a feral cat!!It is not a panther- Melanistic (black) Leopard..Although science is giving up on that name for the leopard..

I have over 30 tracks of that particular black animal, hair samples and other evidence. These marsupial cats (panthers) we talk of have marsupial-type foot structures not catlike..They have a distinct lobe that no other animal possesses, outside of a Marsupial.

I thought the tail sticking out from it's behind was marsupial-like.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#20    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have seen countless pictures and video of "black panthers" that were really nothing more than big black house cats. From a distance I can see where someone might be mistaken. I agree that, at least in the states, cougars are making a comeback east of the Mississippi river. This is a fact, but no evidence of black panthers or black cougars has ever existed. Some cats can have a melanistic stage, but it has never been documented in Cougars. From the single picture presented, I am going to say it is a big black house cat.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users