Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Silver disk UFO sighted over Nova Scotia

ufo canada

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Given the many government controlled aircraft flown in our skies in this day and age, most of which don't look like what most people consider conventional aircraft, I am usually weary of simple "eye witness" reports.  It could have been one of the many drones flying around, which come in all different shapes and sizes these days, which can easily cause someone's imagination to run wild thinking they are looking at an alien aircraft.

And then there's the fact that nearly every hand held device we carry has a camera of some sort, and no pics were taken?  That also makes me skeptical.

#17    Zarifa

Zarifa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I've had many sightings that have not been reported, usually in the company of witnesses. The most significant do not display characteristics that our physics will allow for. My cell phone does not have a camera, if I am even bothering to carry it with me. Fame of this nature carries a high price, considering the stigma that is attached to UFO sightings, in spite of the preponderance of evidence from around the world, presented in modern form over many decades now. We try to dismiss them because we don't yet comprehend the science involved, and prefer to live in fear for some strange reason.

#18    catfishyeah

catfishyeah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• All begin, and end with nothing.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 01 May 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Explain to me how this guy is going to get famous without anyone knowing who he is.

It doesn't matter if we don't know who he is or not, what matters is if the poeple around him knows who he is. O.k., you have no idea who I am correct? So lets say that I reported a sighting to the media, but didn't give them my name. My friends could point me out in a second, and the reputation would spread. Either if it was a good reputation, or a bad one. See? there are many ways of getting famous than just stating a name. Besides, who said that no one, not a single person, knows who he is? could you show me where it says that no one knows who he is?

Edited by catfishyeah, 03 May 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Nothing has changed, or ever will change. So we must change it.

#19    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postcatfishyeah, on 03 May 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

It doesn't matter if we don't know who he is or not, what matters is if the poeple around him knows who he is. O.k., you have no idea who I am correct? So lets say that I reported a sighting to the media, but didn't give them my name. My friends could point me out in a second, and the reputation would spread. Either if it was a good reputation, or a bad one. See? there are many ways of getting famous than just stating a name. Besides, who said that no one, not a single person, knows who he is? could you show me where it says that no one knows who he is?

you are asking for him to prove a negative, surely its easier to show someone who knows who he is :)

#20    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

That made absolutely no sense.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#21    catfishyeah

catfishyeah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• All begin, and end with nothing.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

View Postquillius, on 03 May 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

you are asking for him to prove a negative, surely its easier to show someone who knows who he is :)

My point exactly. He stated that no one knew who he was, there is no exact words saying that no one knew the guy. All i'm saying is that just because the article didn't state a name doesn't mean that the guy can't get famous.

Nothing has changed, or ever will change. So we must change it.

#22    tysennoah

tysennoah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

I ahve witnessed and seen the news about this and I believe this is true.

#23    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 01 May 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Explain to me how this guy is going to get famous without anyone knowing who he is.
Have you ever heard of the zodiac killer?

Do you know who he actually is or was?

#24    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Sure. What benefits is he reaping? A little snicker to himself because another book has been written?

Zodiac wanted you to know who he was eventually, but he's now most likely dead.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 07 May 2012 - 02:55 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#25    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,410 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Uh...a person can see something unusual and have no desire for public attention/fame. Serial killers really aren't comparable to someone who simply witnesses an odd phenomenon as they (the killer) is an active participant in a situation of their own making. Psychologically two very different things going on there.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#26    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostLilly, on 07 May 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Uh...a person can see something unusual and have no desire for public attention/fame. Serial killers really aren't comparable to someone who simply witnesses an odd phenomenon as they (the killer) is an active participant in a situation of their own making. Psychologically two very different things going on there.
Oh, I agree.  I was merely presenting an example of someone who is infamous despite not knowing their name.

#27    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostLilly, on 07 May 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I agree Lilly.

Boon, have you an example of someone famous instead of infamous that is anonymous?

#28    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thesis: the "being interesting"-value of any topic in this forum drops by the number of people getting involved into bickering about how to generally behave in forums.... QED.

#29    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

View Postquillius, on 08 May 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

I agree Lilly.

Boon, have you an example of someone famous instead of infamous that is anonymous?

Posted Image

:P

#30    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 08 May 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

:P

:w00t:

Also tagged with ufo, canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users