Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] London rooftops to carry missiles

olympic

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#16    I Am Not Resisting

I Am Not Resisting

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• "Security Forces wives don't have to be told not to resist."

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 29 April 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

There are to be 10 soldiers to be stationed with the missiles.
Yeah, I gathered that...but it makes no sense to have an unarmed military guarding missles and then having armed police guarding the military.  It's a waste of resources and completely pointless.

-Don't judge me.
-Did you just say "Don't touch me"?  We're in public!

#17    I Am Not Resisting

I Am Not Resisting

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• "Security Forces wives don't have to be told not to resist."

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 29 April 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Remember what Bill Adama said "the police protect the people, the army fights the enemy - when the army becomes the police the enemy becomes the people"
While this may be true, the military isn't taking control of the civilian population.  They're watching over their own weapons in the event of a terrorist attack, yet they will be unarmed and be guarded by the police.  The military's job is to protect the country and the people within it, while fighting the enemy.  If you're not going to arm your military so they can defend against attacks but have the police watching over them, what is the point?

-Don't judge me.
-Did you just say "Don't touch me"?  We're in public!

#18    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,575 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

My imagination is running riot...HEATHROW Control...Emirates flight Tango 31 inbound from Tehran requesting permission to land..Go ahead Emirates  Tango 31 you are clear to land on runway 3...HEATHROW Control..Air Force One inbound from Washington requesting .......(BANG)........Dread the thought.............. London roofs are not the place for surface to air missiles..no way...When is this Gov't gonna stop MESSING and do something right ???

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#19    zebra99

zebra99

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

If they want to kill hundreds and hit the headlines they can just bomb a football crowd or a train anywhere in the country.Terrorists don't attack a superior enemy head on where they are prepared for the attack...they go for the flanks where they are most likely to succeed.

Soldiers should be based here protecting ports and airports...not in some foreign sand pit...Then maybe the cops can get back to policing the streets.

Edited by zebra99, 30 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Posted Image

#20    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,859 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm staying away from London for the whole event. I mean even if terrorists manage to hijack a plane, how does shooting it down over a massively populated city make any sense?! I would rather they put armed guards on the planes to stop the hijacking in the first place, or am I just using more common sense than the government?

And how exactly are you going to enforce that on flights originating on other airlines from outside the country?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#21    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,575 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postzebra99, on 30 April 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

If they want to kill hundreds and hit the headlines they can just bomb a football crowd or a train anywhere in the country.Terrorists don't attack a superior enemy head on where they are prepared for the attack...they go for the flanks where they are most likely to succeed.

Soldiers should be based here protecting ports and airports...not in some foreign sand pit...Then maybe the cops can get back to policing the streets.
  Agree 100% I've been saying the same thing for years

#22    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,884 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

D'you know what scares me the most on this subject? The fact that 'Call-me-Dave' will have his finger on the trigger! His track record so far makes George W. Bush look like a master of competency!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#23    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 29 April 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

What are they going to shoot at ?..How are they gonna tell friendly aircraft from terrorists,like Halt who goes there ? friend or foe, stop or I'll shoot.The next thing you'll see is," Plane approaching Heathrow shot down by friendly fire".

Lol dont worry im sure its not something they havent considered

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#24    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,575 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 01 May 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Lol dont worry im sure its not something they havent considered
  Dont kid yourself,judging by the mess they make of everything else,they'll probably take a few pot shots at the London Eye just to see if they can hit the middle to get some practise in.Any one who even thinks of sticking a missile launcher on the roof of a building in a public crowded area has got to be MENTAL,and if something goes wrong as no doubt it will,who will put his hand up and confess it was his idea..No one ,but the Squaddie who fires it will be put in the nick for mass murder.

#25    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,667 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Missile launcher on your roof? Now that would be a good conversation starter down the pub.....i'll have one of those please, where do I sign!!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#26    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 01 May 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Missile launcher on your roof? Now that would be a good conversation starter down the pub.....i'll have one of those please, where do I sign!!

Especially if they came with remote controls: "Hold my beer and watch this!"   :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#27    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,742 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

What's the bet they won't be removed after the olympics, just "disarmed just in case they're needed in the future"?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#28    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 29 April 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

The Olympics smokescreen doesn't wash with anoyone! The missiles are being stationed to protect us from the impending Alien invasion by reptilians from..... wherever they come from!

You might be right.

Missles on rooftops, attack helicopters, fighter jets, its all going over the top.

On the downside if the terrorists want to do an attack they now know they can find missles on rooftops to use. Instead of a direct attack they might walk in a collect our weapons to use on us.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 02 May 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#29    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostI Am Not Resisting, on 30 April 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Yeah, I gathered that...but it makes no sense to have an unarmed military guarding missles and then having armed police guarding the military.  It's a waste of resources and completely pointless.

The soldiers won't be unarmed.  They'll have missiles.

And I doubt the cops will be there to guard British soldiers.  The British soldiers can guard themselves.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 03 May 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#30    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 02 May 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Missles on rooftops, attack helicopters, fighter jets, its all going over the top.

Islamists blow up underground trains and buses in several places throughout central London killing 52 people; just two weeks later Islamists try and fail to detonate another four bombs throughout London; Islamists try but fail to detonate a car bomb outside the capital's crowded Tiger Tiger nightclub in Haymarket and on nearby Cockspur Street; four Islamists have just admitted their part in a plot to blow up the London Stock Exchange and the US Embassy; a study shows that London is Al Qaeda's top target, more so than any other Western European nation and more so even than New York City and Washington DC.

Yet, despite all this, you think the authorities are just being "over the top" in beefing up security against Islamist terrorism in the run up to the Olympics?

Also tagged with olympic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users