Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mental Messages

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

---Calvin & Hobbes

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Is there a way to send a mental message to someone, via your mind, without physically telling them in person or through mail?

A bear is just a man who made a choice.

#2    _Only

_Only

• 6,346 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Depends on who you ask.

I sent you a word and image with my mind just now. I guess that tells you if I can or not, at least. :su

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,084 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I think I sent my dog one.  I was thinking I wish someone would come back to the kitchen and see if its time to eat.  She was laying in the door way and suddenly jumped up and ran to the living room getting people by the hand and making them follow her to the kitchen.

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,140 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostMad Cow, on 29 April 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Is there a way to send a mental message to someone, via your mind, without physically telling them in person or through mail?
Happens all the time usually between close family members during highly traumatic events. And the message is usually contextual rather than material.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,687 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yes. Yet, as with any messaging service....it isn't always acknowledged/received.
Many can be, return to sender. Doesn't mean it wasn't sent. :st

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,297 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

I am looking at a pen right now....what color is it?

#7    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,687 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

The pen or the ink? :su

#8    Tinker6785ab

Tinker6785ab

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

black

#9    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Interesting,
You see, sending/receiving a mental message isn't as closed off as a note or text.
Most of the time what is received is not just the superficial of say, a pen/ink colour but what is received/sent is what you are really thinking about. :whistle:

#10    _Only

_Only

• 6,346 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostBlue Star, on 06 May 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Interesting,
You see, sending/receiving a mental message isn't as closed off as a note or text.
Most of the time what is received is not just the superficial of say, a pen/ink colour but what is received/sent is what you are really thinking about. :whistle:

A sailboat!!

No, I get what you're saying, I think.

Edited by _Only, 06 May 2012 - 08:22 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#11    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

spark

• 8,095 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostHilander, on 30 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

I think I sent my dog one.  I was thinking I wish someone would come back to the kitchen and see if its time to eat.  She was laying in the door way and suddenly jumped up and ran to the living room getting people by the hand and making them follow her to the kitchen.
I love this! I can believe it because I've experienced animals reading my mind.

"End the struggle and DANCE with Life!"

#12    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

spark

• 8,095 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't think it's possible to just make up your mind you want to send a message to someone and then do it ....... certainly not in the sense of the other person receiving the exact wording you tried to send them. The best you could hope for is that they would get a strong feeling that you wanted them to contact you.

You often hear stories of people receiving these 'messages' from someone who is in distress, but I can't recall anyone successfully contacting others through extreme joy or some other emotion. Does anyone know of an instance of this?

Two female members of my family got strong messages of distress from me when I was giving birth two weeks early ...... we were hundreds of miles apart. On another occasion I dreamt about a friend's partner coming to me and saying clearly: "You don't have to worry about C., she's in hospital now and having x-rays ...... she'll be fine". I only discovered the next day when he phoned me that the day before her horse had reared up and then fallen on top of her, rolling over her head. So that message was very precise and spoken, but I don't for a minute think that he intentionally sent it to me. I think it's more likely that I was simply picking up her distress because I already had a close connection with her. I think that's an important factor: that you have already got a strong connection with the other person. (Don't get me started on Group Soul connections!).

"End the struggle and DANCE with Life!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users