Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rock Apes

bigtoot vietnam sightings

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I recently read a short article about bigfoot type creatures in Vietnam which American troops referred to as "Rock Apes". I was wondering if any of our members (Veterans especially) have any first or even second hand stories regarding these creatures.

Thanks in advance.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#2    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postbigtroutak, on 30 April 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I recently read a short article about bigfoot type creatures in Vietnam which American troops referred to as "Rock Apes". I was wondering if any of our members (Veterans especially) have any first or even second hand stories regarding these creatures.

Thanks in advance.

I guess you already know of this site, but it gives a bit more information about "rock apes":

http://www.cryptomun...ws/vn-rock-ape/

#3    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Awesome I do read Cryptomundo relatively often, but honestly when im looking for information this site is the first thing to pop in my head.

Thanks for the link!

#4    TheLostProphet14

TheLostProphet14

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• "I now veiw life like a game, every dession is like a diffrent turn. "-Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Ok, Ik you asked for Vets only but, I do have a first hand account with Bigfoot like creatures, if you're intrested

Im a werewolf nerd! Gonna hate? Come at me! Ill tear you apart!

#5    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostTheLostProphet14, on 30 April 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Ok, Ik you asked for Vets only but, I do have a first hand account with Bigfoot like creatures, if you're intrested

Oh I wasn't saying vets only at all, just seemed the most relevant because of the article I read earlier. I know its a little off topic but I absolutely love first hand accounts of sightings of all kinds, please post!

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,423 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

People have claimed they saw Bigfoot around here.  Wonder if Rock Apes and Bigfoot are the same.

#7    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

If a cryptid ape were to be found, vietnam would be agood place to find it, it is already known as a hotbed of new species discovery, and some of the most recent large (relativly speaking) new mammal species discovered have come from there.

#8    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostHilander, on 01 May 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

People have claimed they saw Bigfoot around here.  Wonder if Rock Apes and Bigfoot are the same.

That's the theory anyways. I do find it interesting that BF has been reported as supposedly throwing rocks at people, and  these creatures were dubbed rock apes by the troops because they threw rocks at them.

#9    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Given the difference of thier habitats (and physical descriptions, with the rock apes being described as smaller in many or most instances than in similar big foot sightings), I doubt that 'big foots' and 'rock apes' would be the same species, should both turn out to exist.

#10    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostConrad Clough, on 01 May 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Given the difference of thier habitats (and physical descriptions, with the rock apes being described as smaller in many or most instances than in similar big foot sightings), I doubt that 'big foots' and 'rock apes' would be the same species, should both turn out to exist.

Maybe maybe not, heck there are bears in the jungle and in the arctic , jaguars in the jungle and the desert, so, theoretically, why not Bigfoot in the jungle and in the forest? Assuming either actually exists of course.

#11    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

you will note that jungle dwelling bears and arctic swelling bears are not the same species, despite both being 'bears'.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

One would thing that a war zone would be a fairly dangerous place for a bigfoot-type creature.  Surely if there were a breeding population, one would have turned up dead somewhere.  Particularly given that many other native animals in Vietnam ended up getting caught in the crossfire.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostConrad Clough, on 01 May 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

you will note that jungle dwelling bears and arctic swelling bears are not the same species, despite both being 'bears'.

Of course, yet still related. Even within the forest dwelling bears there are great variations in genetics based on location.

#14    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostRafterman, on 01 May 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

One would thing that a war zone would be a fairly dangerous place for a bigfoot-type creature.  Surely if there were a breeding population, one would have turned up dead somewhere.  Particularly given that many other native animals in Vietnam ended up getting caught in the crossfire.

According to the VAST research ive done, LOL not really I just heard of these things today, they were caught in the crossfire quite often. The cryptomundo link posted above links to a couple of really neat stories some of which , especially the comments below the article, adress your post.

#15    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

I was stationed up North both times, heard all sort of stupid stories, mostly bored GI's and Marines passing the time.

Edited by keninsc, 01 May 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Also tagged with bigtoot, vietnam, sightings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users