Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Best MMORPG's

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    TheTitan

TheTitan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• My glass is always half full and I always look for humour even in the darkest times.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hey guys, was wondering on your thoughts on which would be the best free MMORPG to play. Never played one before and would like to get some idea's on which one's to try out?

#2    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

i haven't played very many but adventure quest worlds is pretty fun. also if you like family guy they have a mmorpg. it's kinda new though so there are a few bugs. it's called family guy online

SRS

#3    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

Runescape will always be the best free mmo, hands down. I've tried many others just to try to break away from Runescape, but they can't compete with the amount of free content RS has.

#4    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Forsaken Worlds is a fun Wow clone with decent graphics, also a Past Pay to play game has now became free called Aion, it a in depth and great looking RPG. Aion can tend to get a bit grindy however.

i would advise installing steam and having a look at there free to play section they have quite a selection from MMOFPS to MMORPG and even MMORTS

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Crimecraft isn't too bad if you like Third person shooters. (it's on steam and is free to play)

Guild was 2 is not free, but you don't pay a subscribtion. It's jsut a 1 time purchase. It's not released yet, but you cna prepurchase it and you register with your code and get to play in weekend beta events every so often. I played a wekkend beta event this wekkend and it is really good.

I don't like WOW though, so I can't compare those 2. Loads of people have cancelled there WOW subs though because thye couldn't go back to it. It's worth checking youtube vids etc.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    TheTitan

TheTitan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• My glass is always half full and I always look for humour even in the darkest times.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostXanthurion2, on 01 May 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

i haven't played very many but adventure quest worlds is pretty fun. also if you like family guy they have a mmorpg. it's kinda new though so there are a few bugs. it's called family guy online
Nope I can't stand family guy.

#7    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostTheTitan, on 01 May 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

Hey guys, was wondering on your thoughts on which would be the best free MMORPG to play. Never played one before and would like to get some idea's on which one's to try out?

What it boils down to is the type of mmorpg you are interested in (science, fantasy, super hero, etc...)

Here are a couple of sites to check out with reviews and links to free mmorpg's

http://www.whatmmorp...CFYje4AodKTT4Nw
http://mmoattack.com...CFUSK4AodhReVDw

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#8    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Well you have Guild Wars, Wow, Aion :)

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#9    TheTitan

TheTitan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostSensible Logic, on 01 May 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

What it boils down to is the type of mmorpg you are interested in (science, fantasy, super hero, etc...)

Here are a couple of sites to check out with reviews and links to free mmorpg's

Sorry I should of stated that. Fantasy MMO's are the ones i'm after.

#10    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

One free to play game that I would have suggested a couple of years ago would be Conquer online. You can play as a Ninja, Trojan, Warrior, Taoist, Monk or a Pirate.
However I stopped playing when they started trying to grab money from every which angle. They have an item shop (like most other free to play games) where you can buy items to upgrade your character using real money.

However if I were you I wouldn't bother with that because you can spend $100 and you will still have equipment that will get you beat. Some players waste a few thousand dollars on gears and then find it funny to come and kill you repeatedly, the problem there is that you don't stand a chance when this happens.

#11    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

do yourself a favour and stay away from Last Chaos and Rappelz..

there's an indie-developer working on an MMO, kenshi i think it was called.. it seems promising..

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#12    TheTitan

TheTitan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

I've started playing Runes of Magic. Which after playing for a bit is just a free to play WoW. Which is cool by me.

#13    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Im fairly suprised no one has mentioned Rift... When it released it made a pretty big dent in the subscriptions to WoW. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I played EQ and EQ2 and went to WoW until the Cata release... I just couldnt take the nerfing anymore. When Rift released around Fathers Day I picked it up... the world events are amazing... and its a break from the tedious grind because there are so many things you can do.

Edit To Add:

Eve Online is another good one if you are into the Space Scene.

Edited by Dredimus, 08 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#14    Ccel

Ccel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• "To know god,you must be god.To be god you must let go of being who you thought you were."

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Look no further than Gw2. Here is a good list to get you started on what Gw2 has to offer. http://www.guildwars...he-uninitiated/

Edited by Ccel, 08 May 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#15    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostTheTitan, on 08 May 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

I've started playing Runes of Magic. Which after playing for a bit is just a free to play WoW. Which is cool by me.

You may want to check out dungeond and dragons and lord of the rings both online with free versions

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users