Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Libya bans religious parties

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

http://english.alara.../25/210076.html

Maybe Libya isn't a NATO created hell hole as some seem to think. Good news if it can stick. Seems the Brotherhood wants a clear definition on what this new law means. Time will tell.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,211 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

"we shall ban all religious parties. Except our own, naturally".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

Religious parties should be banned.  There is no place in government for religious institutions. However religious people do have a place in government but you should be there to represent the people not religion.

#4    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

This is excellent news.

Also, Sharia Law was implemented in Ghaddafi's regime, so religious laws are not anything new.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#5    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

Who cares what that country does.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 02 May 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

Who cares what that country does.

If they begin to unify politically with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan we may ALL care, soon.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

I hope all countries can religious parties. Religion has no place in government. Yes it got us to where we are today but that doesnt mean we still need it.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 10 June 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

I hope all countries can religious parties. Religion has no place in government. Yes it got us to where we are today but that doesnt mean we still need it.
I agree that religions should not be entwined with governments.  This is why Islam is such a threat since with Islam religion IS the government through Sharia. There is no comparison with any other religion being this way.  Those who toss Christianity into the same class as Islam don't know much about either.  And yes if Christian fundys were allowed to run things they would make life hard on many non believers - possibly even imprisoning some.  But in Islam they just kill the kaffer.  With Christians in the western countries they agitate through the legal system to change things they find objectionable.  In Islam Sharia IS the legal system.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,552 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postand then, on 08 May 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

If they begin to unify politically with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan we may ALL care, soon.

hahahaha are you scared for your precious israel :D ? i like the idea of that nightmare facing you in your sleep heheheheonce all dictators who are keeping our people apart are gone there bound to be some changes in our attitude against each otherand that's never a bad thing .. at least not to us

"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

Aristotle

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 10 June 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

hahahaha are you scared for your precious israel :D ? i like the idea of that nightmare facing you in your sleep heheheheonce all dictators who are keeping our people apart are gone there bound to be some changes in our attitude against each otherand that's never a bad thing .. at least not to us
As a matter of fact, KoS, Israel IS precious.  But not just to me.  And I don't really fear for Israel as much as I fear for my own country having to deal with a nuclear war that starts because of Israel kicking the crap out of their neighbors one day soon.  And I happen to believe the same as you - your people will all be united in a Caliphate some day I believe.  Wouldn't it be funny if the Caliph or Mahdi or whatever he's called turns out to be like Assad?  It could happen, you know?  And according to your Qur'an and Hadith you would HAVE to follow his will.  Crawl over ice, even...

#11    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,552 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postand then, on 10 June 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

As a matter of fact, KoS, Israel IS precious.  But not just to me.  And I don't really fear for Israel as much as I fear for my own country having to deal with a nuclear war that starts because of Israel kicking the crap out of their neighbors one day soon.  And I happen to believe the same as you - your people will all be united in a Caliphate some day I believe.  Wouldn't it be funny if the Caliph or Mahdi or whatever he's called turns out to be like Assad?  It could happen, you know?  And according to your Qur'an and Hadith you would HAVE to follow his will.  Crawl over ice, even...

israel kicking the crap out of it's nighbors hehehehe you mean the same one that failed to surpress a milita called hezboallah ? hehehor the same israel that cried out for help when arab armies attacked ? and the usa stepped in to ceasefire ? sorry .. it's just the idea sooo funny hehehehe if the mahdi tells a muslim to do something the contridct islam's teachingwe'll kick his ass and say out loud that he's a fraud are you willing to do the same in your religion ? :D seriously you need not to throw stones on people .. especially since you follow the trinity conceptwhich proves false in the bible you follow ... ohh i know you'll get angry nowbut why .. coz it's ok you insult other religions . but it's not when others do the same right ? you brought the religion topic up .. it wasn't related so don't blame me for returning your insult .. with kindess :D

"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

Aristotle

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 10 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

israel kicking the crap out of it's nighbors hehehehe you mean the same one that failed to surpress a milita called hezboallah ? hehehor the same israel that cried out for help when arab armies attacked ? and the usa stepped in to ceasefire ? sorry .. it's just the idea sooo funny hehehehe if the mahdi tells a muslim to do something the contridct islam's teachingwe'll kick his ass and say out loud that he's a fraud are you willing to do the same in your religion ? :D seriously you need not to throw stones on people .. especially since you follow the trinity conceptwhich proves false in the bible you follow ... ohh i know you'll get angry nowbut why .. coz it's ok you insult other religions . but it's not when others do the same right ? you brought the religion topic up .. it wasn't related so don't blame me for returning your insult .. with kindess :D
You underestimate me KoS.  You can say anything you like about my religion and I won't get angry.  Christianity doesn't hate when others don't believe. That's Islam.  And Israel didn't beat the hezzies because Ohlmert was a wuss.  Hezbollywood are like a virus that has entertwined itself throughout southern Lebanon.  Hiding in schools and mosques so they can use the decency of western ideals against Israel.  To win against them Israel will have to truly devastate a huge part of Lebanon and hezzies are betting Israel won't have the stomach or balls to do that.  When it comes to war next time I think I'll be able to pull up this thread and show where I predicted that you and others like Yamato and Acidhead and BRLD would all be crying about how horrible and vicious Israel was to kill so many in homes and schools and mosques.  Hypocrites to a man, er...person...

#13    whatsthat

whatsthat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postand then, on 10 June 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

You underestimate me KoS.  You can say anything you like about my religion and I won't get angry.  Christianity doesn't hate when others don't believe. That's Islam.  And Israel didn't beat the hezzies because Ohlmert was a wuss.  Hezbollywood are like a virus that has entertwined itself throughout southern Lebanon.  Hiding in schools and mosques so they can use the decency of western ideals against Israel.  To win against them Israel will have to truly devastate a huge part of Lebanon and hezzies are betting Israel won't have the stomach or balls to do that. When it comes to war next time I think I'll be able to pull up this thread and show where I predicted that you and others like Yamato and Acidhead and BRLD would all be crying about how horrible and vicious Israel was to kill so many in homes and schools and mosques.  Hypocrites to a man, er...person...

Don't bet on it.  Hezbollah would be naive in the extreme to think that.

You can both disagree with the methods of the IDF and Hamas (palestine here not lebanon). You can believe in the right of the state of Israel to exist and the rights of Palestinians.

These things are not mutually exclusive. The IDF do use vicious methods but that doesn't excuse the actions of Hamas in any way.

Israel could fold tomorrow, make peace, end the settlements, they hold the whip. Attacks would continue as there are those opposed to Israels very existence and oil money to fund them. Then the peacemakers would be traitors, hardliners elected, Merkavas would roll. Back to square one.

The Israelis are however displacing Palestinians, they aren't even enforcing Israeli law nevermind international law regarding settlements. Call me a hypocrite if you wish but I do hold democracies and allies to higher standards than Hamas who are thugs.

The same way I hold western democracies to higher standards to tin pot dictators or the Taliban.

#14    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,552 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postand then, on 10 June 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

You underestimate me KoS.  You can say anything you like about my religion and I won't get angry.  Christianity doesn't hate when others don't believe. That's Islam.  And Israel didn't beat the hezzies because Ohlmert was a wuss.  Hezbollywood are like a virus that has entertwined itself throughout southern Lebanon.  Hiding in schools and mosques so they can use the decency of western ideals against Israel.  To win against them Israel will have to truly devastate a huge part of Lebanon and hezzies are betting Israel won't have the stomach or balls to do that.  When it comes to war next time I think I'll be able to pull up this thread and show where I predicted that you and others like Yamato and Acidhead and BRLD would all be crying about how horrible and vicious Israel was to kill so many in homes and schools and mosques.  Hypocrites to a man, er...person...

lol i am Unlike you i don't go around to insult people's beliefs left and rightjust because i think it doesn't fit my way of thinking christians don't hold hatred ? then why the hell you hold such hatred on islam ? since you are christian then tell us why you hate islam so much ? don't bullsh""t us saying you don't you spare no chance to unleash it you even brought islam to this post of mine which has nothing to do with islam as i was talking strictly politics i honestly don't think the rest of your post this one worth replying too expecially regarding hezboallah .. am not really fan of them but no one said they're hiding in schoolsexcept israel .. and i'd be damned to believe israel i wouldn't be interested to drag this topic more off topic hurray to libya for getting rid of that nutcase and choosing their fate soon all arabs will

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 10 June 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#15    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Postand then, on 10 June 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I agree that religions should not be entwined with governments.  This is why Islam is such a threat since with Islam religion IS the government through Sharia. There is no comparison with any other religion being this way.  Those who toss Christianity into the same class as Islam don't know much about either.  And yes if Christian fundys were allowed to run things they would make life hard on many non believers - possibly even imprisoning some.  But in Islam they just kill the kaffer.  With Christians in the western countries they agitate through the legal system to change things they find objectionable.  In Islam Sharia IS the legal system.
What a bunch of BS from you again. Oh yeah, the horrible islam. Christianity did never wrong, never killed anyone. BS. Crapp. ****.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users