Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A beating at Church and Brambleton

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

http://hamptonroads....-and-brambleton

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.
The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.
Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

Forster and Rostami's story has not, until today, appeared in this paper. The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Wow is this what we are coming to gangs of Black teenage thugs attacking Whites have become so commonplace the Police are just going to start shrugging it off, saying "hey it is just what they do" ?

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

That's horrible, those kids should of been arrested.  I bet when someone kills one of them trying to defend themselves they will be arrested.

I wouldn't of gotten out of the car and I would ran a red light.

Edited by Hilander, 02 May 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,923 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Imagine the behavior when the monthly check gets reduced or even stopped.  A level of force unheard of since the Civil war in the US may be required then. And the current administration is only too happy to continue to vilify the 1%......  As for this particular situation - if they attacked me or my family in such a way I would kill them.  I would not aim to wound.  And I would shoot as many as it took to cause the rest to stop coming.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#4    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

View Postand then, on 02 May 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

Imagine the behavior when the monthly check gets reduced or even stopped.  A level of force unheard of since the Civil war in the US may be required then. And the current administration is only too happy to continue to vilify the 1%......  As for this particular situation - if they attacked me or my family in such a way I would kill them.  I would not aim to wound.  And I would shoot as many as it took to cause the rest to stop coming.
AMEN

#5    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Sorry to say it's not a question of colors but rather a question of group sense of power:  place (white green red yellow blue or black) (check your own color of choice) and you will have the same type of behavior.  It happen before and it will again until someone decides that teens and other youth  belong in schools and and not and the streets.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostParacelse, on 02 May 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Sorry to say it's not a question of colors but rather a question of group sense of power:  place (white green red yellow blue or black) (check your own color of choice) and you will have the same type of behavior.  It happen before and it will again until someone decides that teens and other youth  belong in schools and and not and the streets.

That isnt completly true. Sure it could happen with any color. Mob mentality is well documented in all races. But I live 10 mins from what is pound for pound one of the most dangerous cities in America. Its mostly a black neighborhood, and this kinda thing happens all the time. And they dont just do it to white folks. They do it to everyone, including eldery black folks. My heart just broke listening to this 55 year old black women who had to move after living in the same apartment for over 25 years cause she litteraly got jumped by a mob of black teens after trying to break up a fight between two of the teens. The others where there to watch the fight, and when she came out, the whole mob just turned on her.

10 mins in the oposite direction from me is your average middle class neighborhood. You NEVER hear of anything like that ever.

Edited by preacherman76, 02 May 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#7    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 02 May 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

That isnt completly true. Sure it could happen with any color. Mob mentality is well documented in all races. But I live 10 mins from what is pound for pound one of the most dangerous cities in America. Its mostly a black neighborhood, and this kinda thing happens all the time. And they dont just do it to white folks. They do it to everyone, including eldery black folks. My heart just broke listening to this 55 year old black women who had to move after living in the same apartment for over 25 years cause she litteraly got jumped by a mob of black teens after trying to break up a fight between two of the teens. The others where there to watch the fight, and when she came out, the whole mob just turned on her.

10 mins in the oposite direction from me is your average middle class neighborhood. You NEVER hear of anything like that ever.

There are areas like that everywhere regardless of race.  I've seen place like you describe in the States (I lived in Denver for a very long time and wouldn't have gone to a place called 5 point without a detachment of Marines),  Today I live in France and there are places like that to.  In Metz a city near by, there is Borny a burb where I wouldn't go even with a detachment of Marines.  And there the race is not an issue.  The folks there (if the name apply) are from all backgrounds.  Some are "Roms" (settled Gypsies) some are Arabics some are Black Africans and some are from central Europe.   Talk about a serious Heinz 57 mix.  They would will kill each otherevery day (and sometimes they do) but if anyone would attempt to settle the fight, they will all jump on the poor bugger.  It's what I call welfare mentality.  Receiving money for doing nothing tend to do that to people.,

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#8    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,036 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostParacelse, on 02 May 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

View PostParacelse, on 02 May 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

There are areas like that everywhere regardless of race.  I've seen place like you describe in the States (I lived in Denver for a very long time and wouldn't have gone to a place called 5 point without a detachment of Marines),  Today I live in France and there are places like that to.  In Metz a city near by, there is Borny a burb where I wouldn't go even with a detachment of Marines.  And there the race is not an issue.  The folks there (if the name apply) are from all backgrounds.  Some are "Roms" (settled Gypsies) some are Arabics some are Black Africans and some are from central Europe.   Talk about a serious Heinz 57 mix.  They would will kill each otherevery day (and sometimes they do) but if anyone would attempt to settle the fight, they will all jump on the poor bugger.  It's what I call welfare mentality.  Receiving money for doing nothing tend to do that to people.,

Sadly I agree with Paracelse.

Well, not sad that I agree with him, just sad that I believe it isn't a color thing, it's an ugly side of humanity thing.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,116 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostHilander, on 02 May 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

That's horrible, those kids should of been arrested. I bet when someone kills one of them trying to defend themselves they will be arrested.

I wouldn't of gotten out of the car and I would ran a red light.

Which is why concealed carry and stand your ground laws are so important.

In this case, however, the prudent thing for them to have done would have been to just egress the area and call the police.

And I agree, it's not a race thing at all.  A gang is a gang and they can descend on anyone regardless of color.

Edited by Rafterman, 02 May 2012 - 01:15 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

It is not a color thing it is a mentality thing. But there definately is still a stigma with being black in this country just like there is with being a single mother. It is all connected and created by the people who control everybodies thoughts. And carrying guns isn't going to solve any problems. It is going to make them worse. We need to deal with the real issues in this country. And that should start with the courts which we aren't hearing anything about on the TV. Another of those real issues they don't talk about.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,116 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

It is not a color thing it is a mentality thing. But there definately is still a stigma with being black in this country just like there is with being a single mother. It is all connected and created by the people who control everybodies thoughts. And carrying guns isn't going to solve any problems. It is going to make them worse. We need to deal with the real issues in this country. And that should start with the courts which we aren't hearing anything about on the TV. Another of those real issues they don't talk about.

I'm not looking to solve any problems with my Glock 23.  I just want to be able to go downtown to watch Disney on ******* Ice with my family and get home without being raped and murdered in the street by a roving game of thugs.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

The courts in this country do suffer from problems that need to be fixed. However, that has nothing to do with a roving gang of thugs attacking innocent people. Ask yourself what would happen if this situation was reversed and the gang of thugs was white and the victim was black. I think we all know what would happen. I also do not go looking to solve problems with my firearm. I don't go looking for problems period. It is unfortunate in areas of this country that are not Vermont that problems seem to find innocent people. Far too often the victims are said to be the problem. By victims I am not in anyway talking about the group of thugs, just to clarify. I simply have my firearm for when/or if problems find me, my wife, and kids. At that point I promise I have no problem solving them to defend my families life or property.

Mike

#13    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

It is not a color thing it is a mentality thing. But there definately is still a stigma with being black in this country just like there is with being a single mother. It is all connected and created by the people who control everybodies thoughts. And carrying guns isn't going to solve any problems. It is going to make them worse. We need to deal with the real issues in this country. And that should start with the courts which we aren't hearing anything about on the TV. An yeother of those real issues they don't talk about.
You're absolutely right guns don't solve a thing but they are a deterrent.  While in Denver I had weapons (legally mind you) and nothing ever happened in my home (no robberies or others)  I could leave my car outside and no one would break in without living in a particularly safe neighborhood.  Anyhow to make a long story short in the last 3 years since I'm in France I had two break ins attempt and one car theft.  The worst part when I went to the cops and told them about it I was told NOT to defend myself, let them do their crap otherwise I will be in jail not them... talk about a screwed up socialo communist system where if you're a criminal you're in fact a victim of society.

République No.6

#14    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 02 May 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

The courts in this country do suffer from problems that need to be fixed. However, that has nothing to do with a roving gang of thugs attacking innocent people. Ask yourself what would happen if this situation was reversed and the gang of thugs was white and the victim was black. I think we all know what would happen. I also do not go looking to solve problems with my firearm. I don't go looking for problems period. It is unfortunate in areas of this country that are not Vermont that problems seem to find innocent people. Far too often the victims are said to be the problem. By victims I am not in anyway talking about the group of thugs, just to clarify. I simply have my firearm for when/or if problems find me, my wife, and kids. At that point I promise I have no problem solving them to defend my families life or property.

Mike

Believe me even in VT problems find innocent people. Apparently you people have never landed in one of our courts and been forced to plead guilty to someone elses crime because the court wants to protect their welfare check and create a bigger one rather than a child. That's just one way the courts create poverty and anger and crime. Innocent people do not stand by while women and children are being targeted in courtrooms, cowards and criminals do. Deal with the real issue, the courts, and that will be a deterrent. We don't need more Zimmerman's out there murdering innocent people because they look like some stereotype/lie created by our legal system. Stop targeting people and there won't be so much anger out there!

#15    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,166 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

I live in the area and it has everyone very pissed off that the police treated this hate crime as simple assault and then buried it and that the Virginia Pilot, the local paper, failed to even mention the assault for two weeks.  Some local political commentators will be on O'reilly tonight discussing the issue.  The two people that were attacked actually work for the Pilot so the editors knew what had happened.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users