Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Festive, Righteous Anger": Occupy Makes a

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

http://act.alternet....3034.uhp5_E&t=2

Yesterday, Occupy recaptured the public's attention with rallies, marches, parties, and yes, arrests all over the country.

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

As they say, it's not a party until someone tries to blow up a bridge in Ohio.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#3    DoesntReallyLike

DoesntReallyLike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

It's ridiculous to proclaim your labor rights when a bad economy has made your labor worthless because nobody wants to hire you. Occupiers are like destitute relatives angrily threatening to write you out of the will if you don't comply. They are boycotting a product that nobody buys anymore. They are threatening to ban something that nobody does anymore. And then publicly act like fools in teh street on top of it.Take your labor away please, it will be less competition for people who actually want to work.  The job creators in this country are the ones that are being victimized by a hostile administration under Obama ( who buy the way has supported the Occupiers in the past so he should accept responsibility for this terror attempt ). Blocking the Keystone oil pipeline for example devalues labor by reducing the demand for it because of all the jobs it could have created but never will materialize. When teh oil prices go up and companies cut back because it costs more money to transport their goods then demand for jobs is reduced. When companies move thier manufacturing to another country because they don't want to deal the government bureacracy the demand for American jobs is reduced. The government can't invest in oil which we know is profitable, but it can invest in green energy because apaprently invention is the mother of necessity. Just because the technology exists, then certainly people will buy it, just like if people are ready to work, then jobs will magically appear for them. How is that logic working out for us?

Edited by Cainiac999, 02 May 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#4    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostCainiac999, on 02 May 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's ridiculous to proclaim your labor rights when a bad economy has made your labor worthless because nobody wants to hire you. Occupiers are like destitute relatives angrily threatening to write you out of the will if you don't comply. They are boycotting a product that nobody buys anymore. They are threatening to ban something that nobody does anymore. And then publicly act like fools in teh street on top of it.Take your labor away please, it will be less competition for people who actually want to work.  The job creators in this country are the ones that are being victimized by a hostile administration under Obama ( who buy the way has supported the Occupiers in the past so he should accept responsibility for this terror attempt ).

Um..... terror attempt? :huh:  And who are these people who actually want to work? PHEW! :blink:

#5    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Queen E L S A

• 8,353 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Um..... terror attempt? :huh:  And who are these people who actually want to work? PHEW! :blink:

5 anarchists nabbed in plot to blow up Ohio Bridge.

#6    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 02 May 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Oh for God's sake!! This stuff didn't happen until OWS right? :rolleyes:

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

You're right, but that has nothing to do with the fact that OWS members wanted to blow up a bridge and kill as many innocent men, women, and children as possible.

Edited by Rafterman, 02 May 2012 - 05:53 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#8    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by karmakazi, 02 May 2012 - 06:02 PM.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#9    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostRafterman, on 02 May 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

You're right, but that has nothing to do with the fact that OWS members wanted to blow up a bridge and kill as many innocent men, women, and children as possible.

From that point on, the informant was in constant touch with the group members. Their goal, one of them said, was to destroy private property "to send a message to corporations." Last November, they discussed setting off smoke grenades on Veterans Memorial Bridge in Cleveland as a diversion while they would be knocking bank signs off the tops of tall buildings downtown

And those people are not the OWS movement. They are a few members. If they actually were. We don't even know if they were. They could be planted to make the OWS movement look bad which I believe is more likely. They haven't done anything radical or even violent up to this point. Why would they all of a sudden plan to kill people? I don't believe it.

#10    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

And who are these people who actually want to work? PHEW! :blink:

Believe it or not a majority of Americans want to work.  They are satisfied with an honest days work for an honest day's pay.  They feel a sense of accomplishment and responsibility after completing a job.  They enjoy being productive members of society.

Crazy, huh?

#11    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

They could be planted to make the OWS movement look bad which I believe is more likely.

You'll get ridiculed for saying this, but I also think it feels like a plant. The OWS movement may be fluid and tough to define, but it's central underlying theme is peacefulness. The only thing linking these people to OWS was their facebook pages:

On what appeared to be the Facebook pages of Hayne, Stafford and Baxter, there were claims that they were affiliated with Occupy Cleveland,

And even that link is flimsy at best. These are hardly leaders within the movement (and I would like to see what other organizations or groups they were linked to on their facebook pages). Of course the press would jump all over the OWS angle, doing anything it can to drag the movement through the mud. The press is in the back pockets of the politicians.

And if you don't believe that, I refer you to The White House Correspondents Association Dinner, an event held every year at which mainstream media members wine and dine with the people they're supposed to cover in Washington.

Here's a nice rant about that event, which echos my sentiments nicely (NSFW, language):

http://gawker.com/rants/

#12    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 02 May 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Believe it or not a majority of Americans want to work.  They are satisfied with an honest days work for an honest day's pay.  They feel a sense of accomplishment and responsibility after completing a job.  They enjoy being productive members of society.

Crazy, huh?

Oh I see. That's why we have this grand baby business going on in this country. That's work right? Almost as difficult as the last welfare system we had. Maybe if you paid a little more attention to what is going on around you and less to the easy money games you could be as productive as them one day. Do you really think riding children for your welfare check is a difficult job? Do you think stealing candy from a baby is difficult too?

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,330 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

The same could be said of the IRA.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,330 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

There was about 1/10th as many as originally here in Portland, but they did get a permit, and they did behave themselves. But, they did tend to move Very Slowly. Traffic was tied up all day through Downtown. But, I guess that was the point.

Like 15 were arrested. Mostly for protesting after the March, AND causing trouble or directly disobeying the police. Most I think were arrested for blocking traffic following the March and after the permit expired... and after being Warned a dozen times. Most were very young people.

Overall not too bad. Most went home. Only the losers, street people and anarchists were left after the March.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 May 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

http://act.alternet....3034.uhp5_E&t=2

Yesterday, Occupy recaptured the public's attention with rallies, marches, parties, and yes, arrests all over the country.

Don't worry CB OWS will get their justice one day. All those people who were involved in destroying the American dreams will get what they deserve. Just like those self proclaimed self righteous Christians who are using the bible to as an excuse in order to continued their corruptions and hatred and intolerance will be judged accordingly when they meet their maker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users