Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ralph and Edna

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,861 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.  

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Nursing Director became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.

When she went to tell Edna the news, she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love, I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."

Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry!  How soon can I go home??"

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    DoesntReallyLike

DoesntReallyLike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostOffeiriad, on 02 May 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.  

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Nursing Director became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.

When she went to tell Edna the news, she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love, I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."

Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry!  How soon can I go home??"

Edna and the Nursing Director both make valid points, Such gray area.I can't decide whethere Edna should have hung Ralph or not! :o ( At least that's what my intuition tells me, I should rely on it solely... even though everything it tells me is verifiably wrong, but I have no way to verify that :ph34r: )

Edited by Cainiac999, 02 May 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#3    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,204 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hanging him up to dry was definitly, the proper, responsible and "green" thing to do... A dryer uses way too much electricity, plus the noise of his screams and his churning around in it bumping into the sides would have disturbed the other (already disturbed) paitents...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users