Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One in seven thinks end of world is coming

world

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#31    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Those two] article should have been combined :P

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#32    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

You know what really pisses me off with this "end of the world" problem, I've payed all that money for life insurance and it won't do me any good now. Could've bought a 50 year bond instead for retirem...oh wait, still screwed!  :cry:  

Seriously though, point is...you never know when your time is up until the last second. And nobody can predict that, not even the Mayans. Why? Because the path of our future is NOT100% guaranteed, no matter what we hear, see, or think.

Best not to know anyway because it will drive you and me fringin' nuts!

Edited by Purifier, 04 May 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#33    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostPurifier, on 04 May 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

You know what really pisses me off with this "end of the world" problem, I've payed all that money for life insurance and it won't do me any good now. Could've bought a 50 year bond instead for retirem...oh wait, still screwed!  :cry:  

Seriously though, point is...you never know when your time is up until the last second. And nobody can predict that, not even the Mayans. Why? Because the path of our future is NOT100% guaranteed, no matter what we hear, see, or think.

Best not to know anyway because it will drive you and me fringin' nuts!

You mean death insurance right?  Cause you wont get a cent.  The money is disbursed after you're proven dead so it doesn't matter does it?  :whistle:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#34    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,008 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostParacelse, on 04 May 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

You mean death insurance right?  Cause you wont get a cent.  The money is disbursed after you're proven dead so it doesn't matter does it?  :whistle:

Yeah funny thing is, they call it Life Insurance over here where I live. (The fringin' irony!) When I first heard that as a kid, I thought it guaranteed you long life or something. Well anyway, our life insurance or life policies over here are legal contracts with terms, that usually pays for funeral costs an pays a beneficiary upon one's death. Also, the contract can have limitations in case of specific events, in which exclusions are often written into the contract to limit the liability of the insurer. With such claims as war, fraud, suicide, riot and civil commotion, THE END OF THE WORLD! <---(yeah that one is not really in there, but they should put it in anyway, right?  *shrugs shoulders* I mean what the hell! So me, the insurer and my beneficiary are all gonna lose on that deal, which is what really made me think of the corny joke I made earlier.)

Edited by Purifier, 04 May 2012 - 10:06 AM.

- Confucius

#35    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostPurifier, on 04 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yeah funny thing is, they call it Life Insurance over here where I live. (The fringin' irony!) When I first heard that as a kid, I thought it guaranteed you long life or something. Well anyway, our life insurance or life policies over here are legal contracts with terms, that usually pays for funeral costs an pays a beneficiary upon one's death. Also, the contract can have limitations in case of specific events, in which exclusions are often written into the contract to limit the liability of the insurer. With such claims as war, fraud, suicide, riot and civil commotion, THE END OF THE WORLD! <---(yeah that one is not really in there, but they should put it in anyway, right?  *shrugs shoulders* I mean what the hell! So me, the insurer and my beneficiary are all gonna lose on that deal, which is what really made me think of the corny joke I made earlier.)
It's pretty much the same all over the world... my agent keeps on calling it life insurance but I always correct him calling it death insurance :P

République No.6

#36    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

1) GMO - Mansanto "Genetically Modified food will eventually do the damage to the body sooner than we think--chemicals that kill and which is slowly contaminating whatever natural & organic crops & fields that are left. "Soylent Green" could become a possibility.

2) Honey Bee's are disappearing throughout the world--they are a necessity to the food chains survival

3) Climate Change - If people haven't noticed the drastic changes in weather patterns throughout the world, or unusual events in weather not normally found in specific areas with the last ten years or so, I hope they do now.

4)  Underground Military Facilities Worldwide -  I call it preparation of a sort. Governments don't invest big money for no reason. Does one ever wonder why the seed vault has been initiated.

5)  Collecting all the Gold - Should we ask why? Are we slowly figuring out that the world currency, the worthless printed paper dollars are just blips on a computer screen. Are we all waiting for the Banks to call in all the loans and debts of everyone?

6)  Martial Law - It's coming....

So, it may not all occur in December, but we sure aren't far off....

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#37    Zarifa

Zarifa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

Nite Marcher, I agree that  our position gets more precarious all the time. I wouldn't bet on a date, but not much would surprise me at this point. I'll keep hoping for the big turnaround though. Something's gotta give.

#38    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,008 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 05 May 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

4)  Underground Military Facilities Worldwide -  I call it preparation of a sort. Governments don't invest big money for no reason. Does one ever wonder why the seed vault has been initiated.

Wait a minute, I thought that was Bill Gates idea or his investment?
Unless he owns the government, or.....HE IS THE GOVERNMENT! *scary organ music plays in background*

Edited by Purifier, 06 May 2012 - 12:33 AM.

- Confucius

#39    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Whats gonna take over from us, the ants or the spiders ?

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#40    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• 1,049 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 06 May 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Whats gonna take over from us, the ants or the spiders ?
Youve got birds and octopus/squid that would be in the running also as far as intelligence goes....

#41    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,902 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

The "world" is not going to end any time soon, but in 70 odd years the majority of us here now won't be around to worry about it either way.  Live life, be happy.  Tomorrow is a mystery and yesterday is history just milk today for all it's worth, sleep and repeat.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#42    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,535 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Excellent advice, LIBSTAK!

#43    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 06 May 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

The "world" is not going to end any time soon, but in 70 odd years the majority of us here now won't be around to worry about it either way.  Live life, be happy.  Tomorrow is a mystery and yesterday is history just milk today for all it's worth, sleep and repeat.
  Agreed,but why are all these folk getting up tight about it ?..To believe a race that has become extinct and would think a t.v is magic is total rubbish,their weekend pleasure wasn't going to the movies but doing human sacrifice.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#44    turn on tune in

turn on tune in

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

theres no harm in covering your bets on this day and taking a weeks holiday in a designated safe area

#45    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

View Postturn on tune in, on 06 May 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

theres no harm in covering your bets on this day and taking a weeks holiday in a designated safe area
Would you like to buy some End of the World insurance?

Also tagged with world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users