Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One in seven thinks end of world is coming

world

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61    chrisoncrack

chrisoncrack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

I can't belive people still believe this, I'd like to find the guy / girl who started all this and kick him / her in the ovaries / testicals

#62    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 08 May 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

I grow weary of this 2012 madness.. :angry:

There'll always be something.  This is nothing but a diagnosis that 50 million Americans have some sort of problem with rational and citical thinking.
It's a very bad statement.

How did you feel around  this same time in 1999, when Y2K and millenial nonsense started being spewed everywhere?

#63    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

hmmm... in 99 I was slightly concerned that my computer might not boot up the morning of 1 Jan 2000, but that was about it... I laughed at the millinialists, because I knew the new millinium didn't really start till 2001.

#64    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,012 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostMID, on 10 May 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

There'll always be something.  This is nothing but a diagnosis that 50 million Americans have some sort of problem with rational and citical thinking.
It's a very bad statement.

"Nearly 15 percent of people worldwide believe the world will end during their lifetime"

How did this become about Americans again? :unsure2:

#65    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostMichelle, on 10 May 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

"Nearly 15 percent of people worldwide believe the world will end during their lifetime"

How did this become about Americans again? :unsure2:

Apparently, it's about eveeryone and you take some exception about me pointing out how many Americans that implies...~50 million.
If it makes you happy, that's about 1 billion people worldwide...meaning that there are about 6.95 billion non-Americans who believe this stuff too!  And that's bad...really bad.

I'm not really sure it was even worth bringing the American issue up... :td:

But we can try something  else!

Everyone's world will end...at the very end of their lifetime.

Edited by MID, 10 May 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#66    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

What will all the online armchair pundits do when the date on December of this year comes and passes? Who will be left to mock and look down upon?

Well, there's still Americans. :P

I doubt some are really waiting for the day after, as much as enjoying telling others that they are.

Edited by _Only, 11 May 2012 - 12:23 AM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#67    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Post_Only, on 11 May 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

What will all the online armchair pundits do when the date on December of this year comes and passes? Who will be left to mock and look down upon?

Well, there's still Americans. :P

I doubt some are really waiting for the day after, as much as enjoying telling others that they are.

It will happen.....

Thing is, no one told us the truth.

The world will end, and when it does, we will be put into a exact replica of our lives and world as we new it......We will not even notice it ended.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#68    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

MID I think you are seriously over estimating the population of the world if you think that 6.95 billion people are 15%

#69    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,977 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Learn to fight the zombies, the end is coming.

#70    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Okay, I'm fairly certain after these last few replies that we are most likely headed for a never-ending, daily replicating war with zombies, who may or may not be hiding underground now, causing confusion in our world population figures.

Only thing that leaves me guessing is how the ancient aliens are involved in this inevitable impending scenario. None of you can logically deny that they are involved.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#71    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Post_Only, on 11 May 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Okay, I'm fairly certain after these last few replies that we are most likely headed for a never-ending, daily replicating war with zombies, who may or may not be hiding underground now, causing confusion in our world population figures.

Only thing that leaves me guessing is how the ancient aliens are involved in this inevitable impending scenario. None of you can logically deny that they are involved.

Nichole Kidman can answer that one.....

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#72    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,012 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostMID, on 10 May 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Apparently, it's about eveeryone and you take some exception about me pointing out how many Americans that implies...~50 million.
If it makes you happy, that's about 1 billion people worldwide...meaning that there are about 6.95 billion non-Americans who believe this stuff too!  And that's bad...really bad.

I'm not really sure it was even worth bringing the American issue up... :td:

But we can try something  else!

Everyone's world will end...at the very end of their lifetime.

I was just curious as to why you specifically pointed out how sad so many people in the US are when the topic was about the world population. So many threads, that have nothing to do with the US, get derailed because people seem to associate everything back to it. Many people say that Americans think everything centers around the US and yet I see many non-Americans relating topics that have nothing to do with the US back to it.

The world  doesn't revolve around the US so it's a little pet peeve of mine. No hard feelings? :su

#73    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Is it bad if I don't care if the world ends or not

#74    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostToadie, on 11 May 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Is it bad if I don't care if the world ends or not

Not at all...

I think it should have at least a decade ago......I want it to.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#75    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,830 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostSakari, on 11 May 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Not at all...

I think it should have at least a decade ago......I want it to.

WHAT?! And miss out on final world peace sometime in the future! Oh no, no, no, we gotta see if that delusional dream comes about first before we call for the end of the world, man.

Where's your self-imposed optimism for godsakes?

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

Also tagged with world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users