Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Venus to Appear in Once-In-A-Lifetime Event

venus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,418 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

On 5 and 6 June this year, millions of people around the world will be able to see Venus pass across the face of the Sun in what will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

It will take Venus about six hours to complete its transit, appearing as a small black dot on the Sun's surface, in an event that will not happen again until 2117.

http://www.scienceda...20501085556.htm

Posted Image

#2    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,304 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Neat! Thanks, I had not heard as yet!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,533 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

And since the only way to view this is to look at a massive ball of fire, I looked up some ways to view the event and not have your eyes burnt to a crisp. ;)

Transit of Venus - Eye Safety

Also on that site is the viewing areas. Those in the western half of Africa, some of Spain, some of France and other areas in South America, won't be able to view this event at all. :(

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users