Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Starcraft 2?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    FoxM231

FoxM231

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I was a big fan of the original and was contemplating whether to get SC 2. Is it worth it? Will I be addicted again? That's what I'm afraid of...Or is it something I can play off and on since I'm already familiar with it?

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Being (there)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

• Keep breathing, it helps.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

I liked the storyline, but it had "only" terran and some protoss campaign, sigh... you know how it's like, the more you look back in games history overall, the better the story and worse other stuff, it's been steadily going to worse story and better other stuff direction if you ask me. This applies to starcraft too. Maybe it's just that technic has developed while storyline can't get all the same help from what your predecessors have left behind because to story you need to put the "it", not just polish it.

Forums... as nice as they are, there's a time and a place for them. As well as getting out of your head.
Reality. Be humble before it or be subjected to illusions you adopt.
No one is above cheating themselves.
Nature has the answers.
Death is not bad.

#3    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Starcraft 2 is good or bad, depending on what you want from it. Personally I always enjoyed the C&C series and Starcraft due to the story. Starcraft 2 was however a huge dissapointment in that aspect, as the game is built for competetive e-sport.

If you want a game for some fun skirmish games and single player campaign, it's very shortlived I'd say personally. If you want to get into the online ladder systems, you have alot of time to spend in that game.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostMallaliak, on 15 May 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

If you want to get into the online ladder systems, you have alot of time to spend in that game.

You think Jaedong didnt spent much time in Brood war?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#5    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

its a good game ..!   the league set up is really bad. most of the time i get to play with noobs in the team .. that makes me wanna quit this game.!    well i compare it with age of empire 2 ! ranking matches.  
games like this . you should buy it to play online.. not campagne .  
ranking system sc2 = bronze.silver.gold.platinum,diamond.master league, grantmaster ..  well i was master league thankx to noobs i am now platinum .you cannot choose to play with guys from the same level !.
ageofempire 2        = you start with 1600. points...  16/1700 =beginner    under the 16 = noob  17/18 =decent player  18/19 = expert 19/2k = extreme expert   2k + = well guys with talent.    
i was a 2k player . .  this rating systeem allows you to see and to play with ppl on your own level !  so you wont get to play with noobs in the team !
and that is the only thing i hate in starcraft 2 ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users