Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mormon twin sisters who share a husband

mormon

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 35,972 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

From their brunette hair to their dress sense, twin sisters Vicki and Valerie Darger have a number of things in common.

But the 42-year-olds share more than just their looks - they are both married to the same man.

The sisters are in a polygamous marriage with Joe, 43, who is also wed to a third woman - their cousin Alina.

The Dargers, who are fundamentalist Mormons from Salt Lake City, Utah, live together in a large family home and have 24 children between them.

http://www.dailymail...ied-cousin.html

Posted Image

#2    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,305 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Most men's fantasies...... :innocent:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Raindrop Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

Busy guy... but that's still just two wives, his first wive's ex had six. Makes you think how they set up their lives... it's a sexual and emotional challenge, not to talk about 24 kids... some alimony if you get a rocky divorce. :unsure2: Not my fantasy, even the bed level is "hmm maybe..."

I'm just dancing, 'till dropping...

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 02 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Busy guy... but that's still just two wives, his first wive's ex had six. Makes you think how they set up their lives... it's a sexual and emotional challenge, not to talk about 24 kids... some alimony if you get a rocky divorce. :unsure2: Not my fantasy, even the bed level is "hmm maybe..."

He can only be legaly married to one as polygamy is ilegal in the USA.  

I can see the logic or potential advantages to this kind of lifestyle, and don't have anything against it, even though I would never do it myself.  Where I do protest this particular relationship is that the wives are all related.  That, for some reason, I find objetionable.

Edited by OverSword, 02 May 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#5    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,172 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

These people are the lunatic fringe, not mainstream at all.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#6    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,237 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostSakari, on 02 May 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Yes, but it could backfire.......twice the nagging...... :whistle:

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,305 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 03 May 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Yes, but it could backfire.......twice the nagging...... :whistle:

That's what they made basements for.......Only let them out when they are needed........... :devil:

Yes, that was a joke.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,259 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostSakari, on 02 May 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Except..... 24 kids ............ WHEW! I do not even get lucky that many times in a year!

He looks a lot like a double murderer caught here recently - Malcolm Naden. Check it out, quite similar I thought! Reminded me of Malcolm straight away!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#9    Totah Dine

Totah Dine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• Táchii’nii Dine'é

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

There is no such thing as fundamentalist Mormons.  Polygamy has been outlawed in the church for over 100 years.  Anyone caught holding to such practices are excommunicated.  These people have no affiliation with the official LDS church.   I get so tired of having to explain it.

Edited by Totah Dine, 03 May 2012 - 06:34 AM.

Posted Image

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,259 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostTotah Dine, on 03 May 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

There is no such thing as fundamentalist Mormons.  Polygamy has been outlawed in the church for over 100 years.  Anyone caught holding to such practices are excommunicated.  These people have no affiliation with the official LDS church.   I get so tired of having to explain it.

Who are these guys then?

Link - Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Edited by psyche101, 03 May 2012 - 06:53 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#11    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 03 May 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

I was just going to point these guys out. I'm glad someone else did. They, or rather their leaders, are a bunch of freaks. There are so many books on this church that will horrify you. The key thing to remember is that they are a very small group. Every religion has their freaks.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#12    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostOverSword, on 02 May 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

He can only be legaly married to one as polygamy is ilegal in the USA.  

I can see the logic or potential advantages to this kind of lifestyle, and don't have anything against it, even though I would never do it myself.  Where I do protest this particular relationship is that the wives are all related.  That, for some reason, I find objetionable.

I have 2 very big issues with it. First, google "lost boys" and "FLDS." Second, because you can only legally be married to one person, every wife (with children) that is not his legal wife is, is considered a "single mom." Single moms are entitled to a lot of government aid like wellfare and food stamps. Not all take advantage of the system but many do...and it is very easy to do.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,224 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

I have 2 very big issues with it. First, google "lost boys" and "FLDS." Second, because you can only legally be married to one person, every wife (with children) that is not his legal wife is, is considered a "single mom." Single moms are entitled to a lot of government aid like wellfare and food stamps. Not all take advantage of the system but many do...and it is very easy to do.
Well that's a great reason to impose lifestyles on other people.

I don't see anything wrong with adults choosing the way they want to live. It's not for me. I only have the emotional stability for one woman, but whatever floats their boat.

There are plenty of people in monogomous marriages that are miserable. If this makes them happy then so be it. I hate when governments or religions try to tell people how to live their lives. There are many ploygimous cultures some with plural wives some with plural husbands and they do just fine.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 11,977 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I don't care how many people marry each other as long as they are consenting adults.  

But...boy would it help with housework... :whistle:

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#15    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostTotah Dine, on 03 May 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Correct, they banned it when the US gov said they would not allow it.

Though there are still likely to be fundamentalist Mormons.

Edited by Mattshark, 03 May 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

Also tagged with mormon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users