Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Werewolves real or fake?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 10 September 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Well, such sightings do tend to be subjective. But my argument still stands, personally  I would most certainly rule out shapeshifter. It is biologically impossible for human tissue, muscles, and bones to melt and breakdown and reorganize into a carnivous creature or were-creature.

Probably so, yes. But then, a being that can decide whether it exists or not isn't very believable either... probably even less than a shapeshifter.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#77    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 September 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Probably so, yes. But then, a being that can decide whether it exists or not isn't very believable either... probably even less than a shapeshifter.

I beg to differ. And what I said was a being that denies its own existance by not exposing itself visually to humans. A bestial spirit that can roam the earth unseen by human eyes yet does possess the ability to allow itself to be seen, intentional or not. I find that plenty more plausible than a shapeshifter.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#78    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 10 September 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

I beg to differ. And what I said was a being that denies its own existance by not exposing itself visually to humans. A bestial spirit that can roam the earth unseen by human eyes yet does possess the ability to allow itself to be seen, intentional or not. I find that plenty more plausible than a shapeshifter.

You see, a being which can decide whether or not it can be see, literally, is much less plausible that a simple shape-change, frankly. And of course I know, as a biologist, that "simple" may not be the right word for shapeshifting, but honestly, it's much more believable to me than "manifesting-at-will", or whatever...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#79    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostArbitran, on 10 September 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

You see, a being which can decide whether or not it can be see, literally, is much less plausible that a simple shape-change, frankly. And of course I know, as a biologist, that "simple" may not be the right word for shapeshifting, but honestly, it's much more believable to me than "manifesting-at-will", or whatever...

Its simple really, the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#80    Urisk

Urisk

Motorhead for life!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postpaulhaychstyle, on 05 May 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Ok i for one are always asking myself if these half human half wolf do live among us its being a good few years now but i keep bringing myself back to the legendary story of the beast of bray road is this story true could it be loads of people have claimed to seen this mysterious beast so why wouldent it be true?

Because people seem to see things more often when it's in their minds. Like when you buy a particular brand and colour of car then all of a sudden EVERYONE'S driving them...  Seriously. "Champaigne" (read metallic beige) Vauxhall Astra! I had one a few years ago. Ugly colour, who in their right mind would want one? Everybody it seems. I even panicked once because I saw one with an almost identical licence number to mine and thought mine had been stolen!

As for werewolves; A mixture of ergot poisoning and blurred accounts of crazed Ulfhednar who, like the Beserkers, would eat halucinigenic mushrooms and lurk around in the trees at the vangard of a Viking raid, before bursting out upon a hapless village with bestial savagery.

And also the fact that wolves once appeared to be worshipped as totem animals by the Celtic tribes of north-western Europe. of course once Christianity took hold said totem animals seemed to be vilified (eg. wolves, hares) and so wolves being a predator, some people who perhaps didn't accept the new religions as their own were maybe suggested by the priesthoods as being wolflike.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#81    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 10 September 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Its simple really, the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

How is that "simple"? Given you haven't given any evidence of the "Devil's" existence, of course I won't believe in it. What, is there some reason to think that there is such a thing?

#82    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostArbitran, on 10 September 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

How is that "simple"? Given you haven't given any evidence of the "Devil's" existence, of course I won't believe in it. What, is there some reason to think that there is such a thing?

Um... but first, do we have any evidence werewolves exist? And if there is evidence that werewolves exist, my speculation it was a bestial demonic entity or misidentified animal but not a shapeshifter.

#83    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 10 September 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Um... but first, do we have any evidence werewolves exist? And if there is evidence that werewolves exist, my speculation it was a bestial demonic entity or misidentified animal but not a shapeshifter.

There is, to my knowledge, little more than anecdotal evidence of werewolves' existence. Ergo, not much of anything. But either way, my question was what is the reason to think that demonic entities might exist, and why are they a more probable explanation for werewolf accounts than shapeshifters?

#84    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostArbitran, on 10 September 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

There is, to my knowledge, little more than anecdotal evidence of werewolves' existence. Ergo, not much of anything. But either way, my question was what is the reason to think that demonic entities might exist, and why are they a more probable explanation for werewolf accounts than shapeshifters?

Because shapeshifter would be the first thing I would rule out. How can a human being totally change his muscle, bones, and internal organ structure including eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell into a bestial were-creature?

Edited by Ambush Bug, 11 September 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#85    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 11 September 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

How can a human being totally change his muscle, bones, and internal organ structure including eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell into a bestial were-creature?

Easy.. he gets married.  Six months later, you won't recognise him in the street.  Different hair, clothes, walk and manner.  Like a man condemned who doesn't know it.
Only time he is free is every full moon. Unless that cyle coincides with his wifes cycle.  If so, he's really CENSORED.

Edited by Eldorado, 11 September 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#86    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 11 September 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Because shapeshifter would be the first thing I would rule out. How can a human being totally change his muscle, bones, and internal organ structure including eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell into a bestial were-creature?

Who knows? As far as we know, it probably can't happen. But then, people can't choose whether they "manifest" or not either... At least a shapeshifter still has muscle, bones, internal organs, etc...

#87    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostArbitran, on 11 September 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

Who knows? As far as we know, it probably can't happen. But then, people can't choose whether they "manifest" or not either... At least a shapeshifter still has muscle, bones, internal organs, etc...

Well, thats the very point I am making.. it is impossible for a human being to be a shapeshifter... and if it aint a hoax nor a misidentified animal... what can a "werewolf" be?

#88    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 12 September 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Well, thats the very point I am making.. it is impossible for a human being to be a shapeshifter... and if it aint a hoax nor a misidentified animal... what can a "werewolf" be?

Well, strictly speaking, it isn't impossible, just very improbable, based on what we currently understand. But either way, hoax or misidentified animal are the two most probable explanations for most of the cases.

#89    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 12 September 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

what can a "werewolf" be?

A story told by the night's fire, to frighten the children and easily scared.  For fun and as a warning to stay near your Mama when it's dark.  Nothing more.

p.s. don't be going near them woods! You might never be seen again.

Edited by Eldorado, 20 September 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#90    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

They might seem real to someone that has been doing hard drugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users