Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Werewolves real or fake?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

there's this thing called the food chain, a delicate balance. You'd have to put werewolves at the apex of this chain. A preditor like that would ruin the balance. They would eat us and themselves into extinction.

= they dont exist

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#92    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,534 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 21 September 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

A preditor like that would ruin the balance. They would eat us and themselves into extinction.

They'd have to dodge a few silver bullets if they tried to leap to the front of the line at my local McDonalds, I can assure you of that.  There are critters in that line that are eating while they're waiting.  Big critters.  Whole families of them.  Just eating, and eating, and eating.

Edited by Eldorado, 21 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#93    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostEldorado, on 21 September 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

They'd have to dodge a few silver bullets if they tried to leap to the front of the line at my local McDonalds, I can assure you of that.  There are critters in that line that are eating while they're waiting.  Big critters.  Whole families of them.  Permanently eating.

and there ya go...if we needed silver bullets the price of silver would certainly be alot higher!

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#94    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostDarkCreed, on 10 May 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

I truly believe in werewolves, but more like lycans. Werewolves go from man to beast, lycans are trully huge beasts. So lycans a bit more

You know... up until those cruddy Underworld movies I never heard ANYBODY referring to a werewolf as a "lycan"... Now everybody under the age of 30 seems to believe that this is some ancient word for them and that they were commonly referred to as such...

Interestingly there is a legend on Shetland regarding the Wulver, which is a large, wolflike beast that walks on its hind legs. However, unlike most wolfie beasties, it leaves fish at the door of poor families, protects lone travellers and cuddles fluffy kittens. awwwwwwwww.

I said about the Ulfhednar which probably helped spark the werewolf legend, but I wonder if there are some recial memories of running away from the dire wolf? Slightly shorter than the grey, but generally accpeted as stouter, bulkier, and perhaps far, far grumpier.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#95    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Well I once saw this thing where a scientist says he treats the laws of physics as more of a guidline

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#96    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

werewolves real?... really...DO you know what the human body/werewolf body  would have to do to be able to accomplish the fete of morphing? Not just the physical appearances but down to the reworking of the entire DNA chain... the body has a hard enough time passing along its coding during duplication( when new humans are spawned) without defects (just look at all the disorders and malformations there are in the real world)..and that is from passing half of genetic material  and combining it with another persons (sperm and egg). Now think of how much could and would go wrong if the entire code was to be deconstructed and then remerged night after night for as long as the morphing took place.... SORRY but genetics tells me this is an IMPOSSIBILTY...werewolves/lycans are not real.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#97    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 21 September 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

there's this thing called the food chain, a delicate balance. You'd have to put werewolves at the apex of this chain. A preditor like that would ruin the balance. They would eat us and themselves into extinction.

= they dont exist

Not neccessarily. Most predators tend to maintain the equilibrium, as it were, and are subject to the rise and fall of prey numbers. The difference here is you'd think humans would notice.

To me the best argument against werewolves is the prospect of something that looks human changing into something that looks like a wolf, but obviously cannot be either, but seems to have evolutionary adaptations to two totally different niches, is very very silly.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#98    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostEldorado, on 21 September 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

They'd have to dodge a few silver bullets if they tried to leap to the front of the line at my local McDonalds, I can assure you of that.  There are critters in that line that are eating while they're waiting.  Big critters.  Whole families of them.  Just eating, and eating, and eating.

This goes into the quote hall of fame.

#99    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

FAKE

Edited by wolfknight, 16 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users