Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

black 'thing' in a persons eye

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,812 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Okay I did some searching around (and getting REALLY grossed out) and have concluded it's some kind of parasite. I read a similar description by a woman of what her husband was experiencing, with the addition that if he rubbed his eye, he could make it come out. Your friend sounds like she doesn't care about whatever's there so she probably doesn't want it out, even if a mere rubbing can get it out. Parasites can also affect the brain so that may also add to her belief of a demonic presence in her house.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#17    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postunit, on 05 May 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I don't really know how to explain this.. so i'll just try to spit it out..

I'm homeless recently, visiting a young lady i've known for some time, she's been in a bit of a bad way since she and her boyfriend split up and he got custody of their child.. i suppose i could explain that by simply saying she's a bit of a space cadet (eastern religions, intravenous drugs, etc)

anyway, i take a shower at her place and i'm sitting in her bedroom, and probably prompted by the towel on my head, she starts telling me about how a week previous, she was in the shower and she feels like something attacked her and (her words) possessed her...?

this doesn't really freak me out, as i've known her for some time and kinda used to her antics.. so i sit there and let the person tell their story, just listening (i can't forget to mention part of this story involves what she thinks are little 'creatures' that run in her room, but due to the overall pigsty-ness of the place, i was willing to think these are just rodents she's describing..)

so she finishes up telling me about this shower experience, then she goes on to explain how there's something in her eye.. it didn't make much sense (nor does it now as i tell it) and she puts a finger to the side of her eye (for leverage?) and makes her eyeball look away, like she's trying to show me this thing in her eye.. and then i see what i can only describe as like a black sludge, or even what appears to be like a leech or worm, but it's jet-black.. and it kinda.. well, it's like it was showing itself to me, it snaked out from the side of her eye (this is IN her eyeball!) and then snaked back instantaneously..

i was so... horrified.. my reaction was to grab her hand (kinda like what a grandma might've done?) and just gape at her..

she's got this look on her face (a kind of smirk?).. like.. now come on, you've seen this stuff before, don't freak out.. but no, i haven't seen anything like that before...

the obvious question is.. have any of you?

First off. I am sorry you are homeless. Go to your nearest shelter and they can help with many aspects of this unfortunate circumstance. Next, get to an ER or Clinic to have her eye looked at. Could be a parasite of some kind or in both of your heads, I can't say from here. Next, get her to rehab. Having a child and being an addict is detrimental to her and the child. Go now, please.

Robbie James

#18    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

thanks for being here all,

i'm familiar with floaters (a little) my dad reports them in his eye (can't really see them when looking in his eye) he describes them as like tiny insect skeletons, or dried leaves, and they kind of 'float' across his eyeball (as he looks around, i suppose?) what i saw in Mary's eye was huge, more like a leech than a worm, it was all in the white part of her eye, and i mean *IN* her eye, it didn't break the film of her eyeball, it just kind of 'snaked' across and back, ultra fast..

i suppose it's just all the extraneous info of the occult etc that could be making it more than it is..

[edit: just testing post, i appear to have been restricted in the forums i may post in?!? ...your doing, libstak???] O_o

robbie
thanks for the feeling and advice, robbie, but unless you've been in this situation before, nothing works out the way it's supposed to.. (nearly pmsl here) ..just take a look at the world today and you'll see what i mean.. but honestly, since you're the first person to pick up on that, i DO thank you. :) she doesn't have custody of her child, her ex-boyfriend has her. don't mention rehab to her unless you want to see an outburst.
i saw her today in the unemployment office, i was on the phone, obscured by a little partition thing (thankfully) and i hear a loud "yeah!? well **** you and hare krishna!" (they must've refused her some money or something?) then i see her storming out of the place, a security guard in close pursuit... so...ummm (?) just imagine someone like lindsay lohan, but angrier, and with no money...
...you can't reason with someone like that

my dad knows her also, one time we met her at the corner-store.. and soon after she's hitting us up for money, we're used to it and we've given stuff in the past, but i suppose my dad was in a bit of a mood and refused that time, offering instead some advice to get a food parcel, and at the time the job agencies were handing out $40 eftpos cards (for groceries) ...she went berserk and ranted and raved, passers-by were avoiding her and they looked scared.. we're just laughing and telling them not to worry..

...how do you deal with a person like that?

i'll read back on these posts again shortly and address anything i missed, thanks for your time here everyone.

Edited by unit, 08 May 2012 - 06:43 PM.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#19    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostOffeiriad, on 08 May 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Okay I did some searching around (and getting REALLY grossed out) and have concluded it's some kind of parasite. I read a similar description by a woman of what her husband was experiencing, with the addition that if he rubbed his eye, he could make it come out. Your friend sounds like she doesn't care about whatever's there so she probably doesn't want it out, even if a mere rubbing can get it out. Parasites can also affect the brain so that may also add to her belief of a demonic presence in her house.

Totally agree.  Parasite most likely.

My daughter had a black spot in her eye and it had to be removed.  Turned out to be a piece of metal.  No one knows how it got there as it never hurt her, I just happened to see it one day while looking at her.

The optometrist will numb her eye and hold it open with a mechanism and get it out.  She won't feel anything really.

This was a stationary object a parasite may require surgery tho, I am not sure.

#20    airlybird

airlybird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "If you want to know the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
    ~J.K. Rowling

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostOffeiriad, on 08 May 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

After reading the OP I googled for eye worms and was completely grossed out as well *shudder*
Unit, parasitic worms that live in the eyes are apparently (according to wiki and youtube) more common than we think, they're usually contracted when the person ingests the eggs, and then the worm migrates through the body.
I also watched a program "monsters inside me" where someone had a leech inside their nose without realising it.
Warning, if you watch any of this stuff on YouTube, do it on an empty stomach, pretty horrible stuff :/

Edited by airlybird, 12 May 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#21    airlybird

airlybird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "If you want to know the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
    ~J.K. Rowling

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postairlybird, on 12 May 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

After reading the OP I googled for eye worms and was completely grossed out as well *shudder*
Unit, parasitic worms that live in the eyes are apparently (according to wiki and youtube) more common than we think, they're usually contracted when the person ingests the eggs through undercooked meat or uneashed vegetables and then the worm migrates through the body, but some eye worms can be contracted through and animal of fly bite (but those cases tend to be only common in under developed countries)
I also watched a program "monsters inside me" which featured someone who had a leech inside their nose for quite a long time without realising it was there until it poked it's head out one day.
Warning, if you watch any of this stuff on YouTube, do it on an empty stomach, pretty horrible stuff :/

#22    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

< is not googling 'eye worms' lol

#23    TheBloom

TheBloom

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

OP, I'm really sorry to hear that you're currently homeless. I know how it feels as I have been homeless several times, myself.

Secondly, it sounds like a parasite and if, as you say, there is no reasoning with her then you're probably not going to make her see sense but at least try and get yourself sorted so you're away from that apartment.

Thirdly, it sounds as if her drug use has caught up with her. The delusions of demonic possession and anger outbursts are clear indications of this. And if her house is as nasty as you say lord knows what's lurking around in there for you both to get ill on.

Lastly, I hope you find your feet, but my advice is not to give her any money or help her financially, because it's likely she's just living off this. Until she hits utter, rock bottom she will never get help.

Best wishes.

#24    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,015 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

I just googled "eye worms". Totally worth bringing this thread back for.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#25    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,812 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

No more input than that?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#26    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Get medical attention,

Sharpish!

Edited by Super-Fly, 09 July 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#27    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,041 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postunit, on 08 May 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

thanks for being here all,

i'm familiar with floaters (a little) my dad reports them in his eye (can't really see them when looking in his eye) he describes them as like tiny insect skeletons, or dried leaves, and they kind of 'float' across his eyeball (as he looks around, i suppose?) what i saw in Mary's eye was huge, more like a leech than a worm, it was all in the white part of her eye, and i mean *IN* her eye, it didn't break the film of her eyeball, it just kind of 'snaked' across and back, ultra fast..

i suppose it's just all the extraneous info of the occult etc that could be making it more than it is..

[edit: just testing post, i appear to have been restricted in the forums i may post in?!? ...your doing, libstak???] O_o

robbie
thanks for the feeling and advice, robbie, but unless you've been in this situation before, nothing works out the way it's supposed to.. (nearly pmsl here) ..just take a look at the world today and you'll see what i mean.. but honestly, since you're the first person to pick up on that, i DO thank you. :) she doesn't have custody of her child, her ex-boyfriend has her. don't mention rehab to her unless you want to see an outburst.
i saw her today in the unemployment office, i was on the phone, obscured by a little partition thing (thankfully) and i hear a loud "yeah!? well **** you and hare krishna!" (they must've refused her some money or something?) then i see her storming out of the place, a security guard in close pursuit... so...ummm (?) just imagine someone like lindsay lohan, but angrier, and with no money...
...you can't reason with someone like that

my dad knows her also, one time we met her at the corner-store.. and soon after she's hitting us up for money, we're used to it and we've given stuff in the past, but i suppose my dad was in a bit of a mood and refused that time, offering instead some advice to get a food parcel, and at the time the job agencies were handing out $40 eftpos cards (for groceries) ...she went berserk and ranted and raved, passers-by were avoiding her and they looked scared.. we're just laughing and telling them not to worry..

...how do you deal with a person like that?

i'll read back on these posts again shortly and address anything i missed, thanks for your time here everyone.

My utterly non-professional opinion is that she sounds like a person with fetal alcohol syndrome.  I have known a few, and it is impossible to reason with them, they tend to fly off into rages much easier than a non-f.a.s. person, and they have a strong inclination towards drug addiction.  Sadly, if that is the case then it's a permanent condition because of the way her brain developed.

Of course that did not cause the eye situation, other than possibly causing living conditions that contributed to it.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#28    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,997 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Reminds me of the movie 'Body Bags' in the Stacy Keach 'Hair' segment of the movie.

Go to the 8:50 minute mark to see what I'm talking about.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#29    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,511 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

ive heard this story before

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#30    walkerlocker

walkerlocker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Nothing like that, no.

I've had a similar experience with a close friend of mine. He's younger (about 18 now) and while he's not a liar, he's notorious for 'embellishing' truths because he gets excited and over exaggerates. So, when he told me about the shadow figure that follows him around and sometimes lives in his body, I thought he was overreacting. He named this entity 'Angry', because he feels it has the most control over him when he loses his temper and it makes him stay angrier longer.he also said that Angry likes to show himself, and it's the reason why he doesn't like to stare in mirrors. He says Angry smirks at him, makes his pupils shrink/grow back and forth, and eventually his eyes black out.

I wasn't sure how much of this I believed, but being the curious kitten I am, I asked if I could see Angry. He told me to stare at the center of his face, unwavering - like he's done in the mirror - and Angry might manifest itself. I did, and at first nothing happened. Then, his face did begin to change shape..

I figured this was an optical illusion, my mind's response to staring at one thing for too long, but it was freaking me out anyway. So I glanced away from his nose up at his eyes. His face snapped back to normal, as expected, but his pupils were so enlarged that I could no longer see the iris. He has bright green eyes so it was very noticeable - his eyes had begun to black out...

I'm not sure how much of his experiences are embellished, but I've never seen a person do that before without the assistance of drugs, and never voluntarily. I don't think he'd lie about something like that.

Anyway, that's my experience. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users