Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Challenge

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#16    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

ST, nice to see you back!!

Beany, you are sooooo right, I've had this happen too. It's amazing....

#17    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

View Postsensitive touch, on 08 May 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Mattshark you never asked me?

I asked on here numerous time over the years for people to describle my computers work area. You are free to try.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#18    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 08 May 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

I suspect the OP is wanting to use other people to validate the existence of something rather than do the work themselves. A lot of people are like that and look to outer, external things, other people to sort their beliefs out instead of do the ground work themselves. They make challenges with little respect as their is an air of "entertain me", show me how ridiculous you are not, and on the premise you can actually appeal me, I may give you the benefit of the doubt and then you are useful to me. This kind of attitude I can't stand, and it's not about science, not if you are on a site anyway trying to set up poxy  challenges. The lack of people coming forward to accept said challenges is more about the fact that most have been tested and played the game of jumping  hoops one too many times. I don't speak for all, but for myself and those who i can count on 2 fingers who I trust.

Sounds balshy? heh it's just the other side of the coin, the counter balance for the amount of disrespect readers, mediums, psychics get in general. Too many people (not all) are super happy to generalise and paint all with one brush when it comes to something like this.  It doesn't matter if we pass their tests, it may make them more open minded for a while, but if a person has doubt and they are seeking everywhere but themselves to understand, then they are always going to feel a disconnect from understanding the elements of a connected  awareness and consciousness that makes all this possible.

Those still performing for party tricks for those who want entertainment, are both the same in serving each other a common ego trip. Harsh to say, but i went through it so I know all to well, I know of others who went through it too, and there comes a time when it just doesn't matter or become important any more to prove yourself to others that way or be centre of the party/limelight.

I work with those who really need the help and its not my ego judging or driving what i do any more, but my guides and higher self. In my experience this is also where the good geniuan readers end up, there is something called a spiritual journey or development that goes hand in hand with all this and it can be life changing, how can it not be ?

Working with multi perspectives and using that part of your soul and consciousness changes a person from their egotist, materialistic self. Others may achieve it in other fields by becoming dedicated to their true talents and creativity, but it's a path, a journey none the less, which is transforming beyond the materialistic comprehension. So if you don't 'get this', and can't 'respect this' view then just accept it's something different than what you know, but not impossible. So do not shun it. It doesn't hurt who you are shunning, just your own self awareness.

No one here has to prove or justify themselves to the ego desires from those who have not walked the same path. Alternatively the ones which give this field a bad name are walking a different path. Do people wish to stop and understand this? mostly not, but i will say what i think any way even if i it falls on deaf ears.

When  i said earlier that everyone goes thru this ego stage, it's part of learning, but it is in my opinion a junction one comes to whether they chose the non ego way or the ego self serving way.  The ones who get greedy and self interested and are fueld by the fame game are simply allowing themselves to be exploited by those who want to control them (various agencies who employ their services) or be entertained. It's like exploitation meeting exploitation, the relationship is balanced of one serving the other in the game of self service. These people do not make it all happen by themselves, they get involved with the wrong sort who are ready to exploit them for their own ends and so on. You can guarantee that those who exploit are always being exploited by something bigger and better than them too. It's the nature of that path and that game.  It's no different to other shady business practises that you get in all walks of life. It's nothing more or nothing less, people either grow up to be self serving or not and it is that which dictates eventually their every motive and agenda.  /rant.

There is a good search function on this site, if you are curious to see how well a reader has done and if you like their style then i suggest that's probably the best way to further inform yourself.

The reason there is little respect though is because no one has ever managed to successfully demonstrate these powers in controlled conditions or to explain the massive issues with physics and biochemistry,

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#19    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

This subject came up for me when I was reading another topic, people reading other people's future and I remembered being told about cold reading. I set out this challenge because I can't stand people being given false hope, you can tell someone their future is going to be bright without cold reading.. You proved me right. Photons are the only beings that can tell the future. Maybe someone will prove me wrong one day. Maybe.

Obvious response, if you can tell the future, why haven't you won the lottery?

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#20    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 09 May 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

This subject came up for me when I was reading another topic, people reading other people's future and I remembered being told about cold reading. I set out this challenge because I can't stand people being given false hope, you can tell someone their future is going to be bright without cold reading.. You proved me right. Photons are the only beings that can tell the future. Maybe someone will prove me wrong one day. Maybe.

Obvious response, if you can tell the future, why haven't you won the lottery?

The answer is simple - if everyone who could read the future could see the lotto numbers the number of self serving materialistic souls on this planet would shoot through the roof, the temptation to use the information for hoarding and greeding would be just that great.

There are laws in the material world that psychics more than many understand well - the most commonly understood are Karma and cause and effect - basically the same law said in different ways.  Another way of saying it is you reap what you sow aka: you EARN good karma and the opportunity that may arise from it.

Now, knowing the lottery numbers for many souls would qualify as "good karma" as far as their understanding of the nature of life goes.  That's just poppycock, we gain as much from what we are not made to face in life as the experiences that we do.  For instance, winning the lotto only gives you money, not love, not friendship and definitely not any automatic guarantee of happiness.  The effect could easily be the exact opposite - people are known to kill for money and friends have become enemies, even families are torn asunder.  So how is it a "gift" to provide this information to a psychic?  In rare instances it may be and there are those that have dreamt winning numbers but for most souls the "gift" is that these false opportunities for the ego of greed to act are kept from us, that is as it should be - even and probably especially a highly accurate psychic will not be led to those things which will lead them astray.  Where the opposite is true, the opposite applies.  I always believe the people who win are the correct winners in those matters.

The same formula applies to all information accessed.  In the simplest terms, you are given what it is your lot to receive regarding information on future events and generally speaking unless you are into some very dark practices what you provide to others is as much as it is beneficial in any way for them to know.

I speak from experience, I am not a "psychic" but I do have dreams that have come true - on 2 separate occassions they have been about significant windfalls even (not fortunes but enough to provide the securities and opportunities I needed at the time) but I do not choose what information comes to me in a dream or when.  I cannot ask a question before going to sleep and receive the answer in the dream state nor can I ever know that on any particular night the dream I had will be one of those types of dreams.  It annoyed and scared me for many years (like most people I also experienced nightmares, imagine not knowing whether some of them were going to transpire :cry: ) but over many years I have discovered that most of these dreams have been benign messages that I am not alone, that the path I walk is just fine and that people around me are either good friends or best avoided.

I have never dreamt any major world event or catastrophe except one and that was only because it affected me personally, it wasn't a "catastrophe" it was an explosion at a gas plant which left our entire State without gas for hot water for about a week and that was really more amusing in the way we all dealt with it and cold showers (just as in my dream a good month previous, I was laughing about my new found super human speed in showering and dressing due to only having a small electric heater instead of central gas heating and hot water available, thereby getting me to work earlier than usual :w00t: ).

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,569 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

The answer is simple - if everyone who could read the future could see the lotto numbers the number of self serving materialistic souls on this planet would shoot through the roof, the temptation to use the information for hoarding and greeding would be just that great.
Nothing stopping them from donating the money to those who need it.

A more logical answer is they can't see the future.

#22    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

There are laws in the material world that psychics more than many understand well - the most commonly understood are Karma and cause and effect - basically the same law said in different ways.  Another way of saying it is you reap what you sow aka: you EARN good karma and the opportunity that may arise from it.

Now, knowing the lottery numbers for many souls would qualify as "good karma" as far as their understanding of the nature of life goes.  That's just poppycock, we gain as much from what we are not made to face in life as the experiences that we do.  For instance, winning the lotto only gives you money, not love, not friendship and definitely not any automatic guarantee of happiness.  The effect could easily be the exact opposite - people are known to kill for money and friends have become enemies, even families are torn asunder.  So how is it a "gift" to provide this information to a psychic?  In rare instances it may be and there are those that have dreamt winning numbers but for most souls the "gift" is that these false opportunities for the ego of greed to act are kept from us, that is as it should be - even and probably especially a highly accurate psychic will not be led to those things which will lead them astray.  Where the opposite is true, the opposite applies.  I always believe the people who win are the correct winners in those matters.

The same formula applies to all information accessed.  In the simplest terms, you are given what it is your lot to receive regarding information on future events and generally speaking unless you are into some very dark practices what you provide to others is as much as it is beneficial in any way for them to know.

I speak from experience, I am not a "psychic" but I do have dreams that have come true - on 2 separate occassions they have been about significant windfalls even (not fortunes but enough to provide the securities and opportunities I needed at the time) but I do not choose what information comes to me in a dream or when.  I cannot ask a question before going to sleep and receive the answer in the dream state nor can I ever know that on any particular night the dream I had will be one of those types of dreams.  It annoyed and scared me for many years (like most people I also experienced nightmares, imagine not knowing whether some of them were going to transpire :cry: ) but over many years I have discovered that most of these dreams have been benign messages that I am not alone, that the path I walk is just fine and that people around me are either good friends or best avoided.

I have never dreamt any major world event or catastrophe except one and that was only because it affected me personally, it wasn't a "catastrophe" it was an explosion at a gas plant which left our entire State without gas for hot water for about a week and that was really more amusing in the way we all dealt with it and cold showers (just as in my dream a good month previous, I was laughing about my new found super human speed in showering and dressing due to only having a small electric heater instead of central gas heating and hot water available, thereby getting me to work earlier than usual :w00t: ).

Very interesting. That I would have faith in, dreams are so unknown and could hold much potential.
LOL!!! You made me smile irl >_< haha! Argh, I don't like cold showers! Or rushing to work xP

#23    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 May 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Nothing stopping them from donating the money to those who need it.

A more logical answer is they can't see the future.
That is as simplistic as saying they should see the numbers in the first place.  There is nothing stopping them from donating the money but there may be a great many very human failings that would have them keep it and use it for purposes that would do them no good or see no good done to them.  You are welcome to your view on logic,as  it sits well with what you understand of life but I do not share it.

Edited by libstaK, 09 May 2012 - 11:31 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#24    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,569 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

That is as simplistic as saying they should see the numbers in the first place. There is nothing stopping them from donating the money but there may be a great many very human failings that would have them keep it and use it for purposes that would do them no good or see no good done to them.  You are welcome to your view on logic,as  it sits well with what you understand of life but I do not share it.
So human failings prevent them from entering the lottory? Sorry, this sounds like a cop out. If human failings were such a problem, they'd never leave the safety of their house, or leach off the naive.

#25    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

That is as simplistic as saying they should see the numbers in the first place.  There is nothing stopping them from donating the money but there may be a great many very human failings that would have them keep it and use it for purposes that would do them no good or see no good done to them.  You are welcome to your view on logic,as  it sits well with what you understand of life but I do not share it.
'
I like how you think all these 'psychics' live by a code of 'I won't win the lottery, not for me, not for the cancer kids foundation.. not anyone!!'

#26    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 09 May 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

'
I like how you think all these 'psychics' live by a code of 'I won't win the lottery, not for me, not for the cancer kids foundation.. not anyone!!'

Hehe, no I don't know that at all.  I am sure there a psychics bending over backwards and straining their frontal lobes and third eyes to the extreme trying to get a hold of them numbers :w00t: probably as we speak .  But, it just doesn't work that way, there are so many reasons why, I've barely touched the surface - the crux remains cause and effect it is the foundation of all the material laws and everything else waltzes along inside the parameters set by those laws - could you imagine the chaos if we all could just have what we wanted and asked for?

#27    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 May 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

So human failings prevent them from entering the lottory? Sorry, this sounds like a cop out. If human failings were such a problem, they'd never leave the safety of their house, or leach off the naive.
That is a contradictory response.  Their human failings would hardly prevent them leaving their homes to "leech" off others, it would more likely ensure the opposite.  I agree about the naive and basically I don't ask for readings myself nor do I encourage them outside of light entertainment or true investigation.  I'll tell you my reasons though.

If someone "reads" me, they are then responsible for what they have told me and how that affects me - I wouldn't put such a burden on another, I've done so in the past and been blessed with good friends through it but others have not been so lucky and I have learned a thing or two since those "investigative" days about the power of suggestion and where the true power of knowledge resides aka: within.

If someone asks me to read them, I would not take the responsibility on - it affects people psychologically and many who ask could be, as you say, "naive" at best or down right gullible and easily led - meaning my words could change their paths and that ain't my place to enact (and yes I used to read Tarot for friends, not anymore, not because they didn't work but because they sometimes did and I didn't like how that made me feel perversely).

The universe is perfectly pitched as it is, people receive what they are ready to receive when they are ready (nope you won't like that and will have a heap of injustices to prove it ain't so) - *shrugs* I really can't give you years of experience in a post so I am not concerned but those are my personal reasons.

What I do know, through my own experiences is that there is something going on in this realm of "psychic" abilities and that most if not all people can access a level of comprehending this for themselves - if they apply themselves to that task and don't just keep writing it off with one or two line offhand closeminded wit - we each are responsible for what we learn, understand and gain in life and it is each person's absolute right to choose how they go about that endeavour and to explore fully what insights each step on the path may offer (or to deny them as they see fit) .

#28    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

That is a contradictory response.  Their human failings would hardly prevent them leaving their homes to "leech" off others, it would more likely ensure the opposite.
How so? If their human failings is a problem for them, would they not seek to correct them or prevent any situation that invokes them?

Edited by Rlyeh, 09 May 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#29    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 May 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

How so? If their human failings is a problem for them, would they not seek to correct them?
Only if they were aware of them, nobody gets up in the morning seeking to pander to their "failings" people generally believe and act on the best there is to believe of themselves.

#30    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

So is anyone going to accept the challenge? Or is it easier to suggest the challenger is taking the piss by asking people to actually prove something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users