Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Challenge

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#31    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Only if they were aware of them, nobody gets up in the morning seeking to pander to their "failings" people generally believe and act on the best there is to believe of themselves.
I imagine if they aren't aware of them, your argument against the lottory becomes rather nonsensical.. :blink:

#32    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 09 May 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

So is anyone going to accept the challenge? Or is it easier to suggest the challenger is taking the piss by asking people to actually prove something?
I love you. You made me laugh SO hard.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#33    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Enough debating. Is someone going to accept the challenge? This isn't about anything more then that. If you don't think you have to prove anything, that's great, don't care, don't waste my time, don't care about your reasons. Just want answers. Solid answers. Proof enough.

#34    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ok Sensitive touch, I have upload a pic, there is a time stamp on it so you know when the pic was put up. You are welcome to take the test and I will show you the pic afterwards.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#35    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,902 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 May 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I imagine if they aren't aware of them, your argument against the lottory becomes rather nonsensical.. :blink:
Nope, it just makes people unaware of things.  My own teacher always says when discussing such matters "don't take my word for it, you can always try".  People try and discover or remain unaware, that's life.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#36    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Nope, it just makes people unaware of things.  My own teacher always says when discussing such matters "don't take my word for it, you can always try".  People try and discover or remain unaware, that's life.
So why aren't they trying to win the lottory?

#37    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,902 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hehe, no I don't know that at all.  I am sure there a psychics bending over backwards and straining their frontal lobes and third eyes to the extreme trying to get a hold of them numbers :w00t: probably as we speak .  But, it just doesn't work that way, there are so many reasons why, I've barely touched the surface - the crux remains cause and effect it is the foundation of all the material laws and everything else waltzes along inside the parameters set by those laws - could you imagine the chaos if we all could just have what we wanted and asked for?

View PostRlyeh, on 09 May 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

So why aren't they trying to win the lottory?

Please refer to my response to ZaraKitty above on that.

View PostZaraKitty, on 09 May 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Enough debating. Is someone going to accept the challenge? This isn't about anything more then that. If you don't think you have to prove anything, that's great, don't care, don't waste my time, don't care about your reasons. Just want answers. Solid answers. Proof enough.
Sorry Zarra, I agree - Rlyeh, I think we can revisit this later or on PM - Zara wants the challenge back on track and I am also looking forward to the results.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#38    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

some of us have nothing to prove, to you or anyone else. And not all, and possibly most readings have nothing to do with predicting the future. Some readings have to do with the human condition: how one's thoughts & traumatic experiences shape their reality and affect emotions & behaviors, information on how a different way of thinking might affect one's future, iinformation from loved ones who've crossed over. Sometimes the reader is simply a witness to the pain the other person is going through, or provides a non-judgemental ear that allows the person to unload some toxic thinking & feelings. And the reader's good will & compassion, the ability to recognize and speak of the person's essential goodness and value sometimes allows the person to begin to put aside the past and move forward into a healthier future. Not all readers are like this, but many are, and they quietly go about their work, many without charging, being of service where they can. It's not so much about skills & abilities, as what kind of good we can accomplish with what we have.

#39    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostBeany, on 09 May 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

some of us have nothing to prove, to you or anyone else. And not all, and possibly most readings have nothing to do with predicting the future. Some readings have to do with the human condition: how one's thoughts & traumatic experiences shape their reality and affect emotions & behaviors, information on how a different way of thinking might affect one's future, iinformation from loved ones who've crossed over. Sometimes the reader is simply a witness to the pain the other person is going through, or provides a non-judgemental ear that allows the person to unload some toxic thinking & feelings. And the reader's good will & compassion, the ability to recognize and speak of the person's essential goodness and value sometimes allows the person to begin to put aside the past and move forward into a healthier future. Not all readers are like this, but many are, and they quietly go about their work, many without charging, being of service where they can. It's not so much about skills & abilities, as what kind of good we can accomplish with what we have.

I suspect this is because you can't prove it.

I'm not asking about anything other then future telling. That's all. Read the OP before you comment.

Edit:When someone says 'whats in my future for me, will I find love?" and some psychic comes on the scene and does their dance is what I'm talking about.

Edited by ZaraKitty, 09 May 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#40    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 09 May 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Please refer to my response to ZaraKitty above on that.

Sorry Zarra, I agree - Rlyeh, I think we can revisit this later or on PM - Zara wants the challenge back on track and I am also looking forward to the results.

So am I, once someone finally steps up to the plate, or if we'll get more 'i have nothing to prove' people.

Future info for everyone, If you have nothing to prove. Don't comment telling me you have nothing to prove. Just walk away. This was a challenge. If you decline, walk away.

#41    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I have been tested before and they want only the correct object that is hidden. I had 5 envelopes in front of me and I felt I dis good I got three out of five right but right only because of what I described. The other two was close. One was a word bondage and I said leather and whips and chains. The people that were involved said I did good on all of them but the main person would not agree.

Edited by sensitive touch, 09 May 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#42    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Then I said I see the color red and heat. The answer was hot water thing I forgot what it is called but they looked it up and they are red but did say the exact word. That is the issue with controlled settings.

Edited by sensitive touch, 09 May 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#43    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 09 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

I suspect this is because you can't prove it.

I'm not asking about anything other then future telling. That's all. Read the OP before you comment.

Edit:When someone says 'whats in my future for me, will I find love?" and some psychic comes on the scene and does their dance is what I'm talking about.

For all of those out there with a burning desire to ask the question, "will I find love", I'm here to provide that answer. Yes, you will. No telling how long, what kind, to what degree, and with who, though.  Bwahaha, another psychic victory! Really, stupid questions=insipid answers. I did read the OP, and I suppose I can post whatever and however I want, just as you did. You can castigate me for it if it pleases you. And how would one go about proving something like this without violating confidentiality? And what would constitute acceptable proof, whose criteria would we use, and who would judge?

You sound grumpy. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the litter box? Like your quote, by the way, from H.R.R Haldemann, a Nixon aide. Hunter Thompson stole it from him. It's one of my favorites.

Edited by Beany, 09 May 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#44    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

I was asking for someone to read my future. I didn't set rules, I challenged the psychic community to do some psychic stuff for my very near future.

Cat's don't generally sleep in their litter box's, but a nice attempt at a snide comment. I'd give you props but you can do better.

I got it from Rammstein. Mein Hertz Brentt. Didn't really care where they got it from. Was my fave song for a while.

#45    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 09 May 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I was asking for someone to read my future. I didn't set rules, I challenged the psychic community to do some psychic stuff for my very near future.

Cat's don't generally sleep in their litter box's, but a nice attempt at a snide comment. I'd give you props but you can do better.

I got it from Rammstein. Mein Hertz Brentt. Didn't really care where they got it from. Was my fave song for a while.
The kitty box comment was an attempt to lighten the mood, which apparently was an abysmal failure, and given the subtext, probably doomed to fail anyway. Anyhoo, here's a link about scientific trials & studies of presentiment or fortelling the future you might find interesting. It may or not provide you with proof you've been asking for, but science is working on it, and it's worth a read. The organization, Institute of Noetic Sciences, is pretty credible. http://noetic.org/re...man-capacities/

FYI, your posts themselves, the language, the content, says a lot about who you are; that's true of every one who posts here. Everyone of us is always "reading" people. Perhaps it's a behavior that came from a time when every stranger was either a threat or an ally, and being able to accurately read someone, or a group of someones, meant the difference between life & death.

Edited by Beany, 09 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users